I'm not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe not that particular chair, but the illustration of a chair is a very simplistic model. I'd say you had faith in your way of looking at the world, to the point that you arrived at your definition of faith and became comfortable with it.
A few months ago I traveled to a different state. I got on a plane, and it took me to the state of my destination. Unlike the chair, I was unable to inspect the plane to see if it was fit to fly, I was unable to make sure the pilot was qualified to fly the plane, but I know there is a system in place (FAA) that makes sure all of that stuff is done. Did I put faith in the FAA? Yes; because it would be impossible to live a normal life if I had to inspect everything I come in contact with before trusting it to be safe. So there are occasions where I do use faith. I’m okay with using this type of faith because there is a consensus concerning this type of faith; If the majority of people out there said the FAA could not be trusted, I wouldn’t trust them, nor would I fly on a plane. To me this is different than putting my faith in something most people say is wrong, or cannot be trusted.

Upvote 0