Status
Not open for further replies.

GodOwnsMe

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
✟2,433.00
Faith
Christian
mhh i still have a lil problem w/ this creed but anyway.
my biggest problem @ the moment is surrenderin (to God)
I mean I think the rest of my problems wouldn't really mean anything
if i knew myself to be absolutely save in God's arms......................
well I'm just here to ask ppl's opinion on what might be helpful to do
cause I've gotten pretty insecure......and ppl @ school (not all anyway :)) have got to dislike me.. i've started um ya know confuzzling words....lots which made me even more insecure, the whole thang :)
well my relationships w/ friends have also gotten worse cause of that.......at least........it's harder to really.........talk to em sometimes

I've had dark bad thoughts in the past, recently not many of em.. but I mean insteada goin into that stuff (which was def def a bad thing ..esp the way i did it) I pushed things away more i think
im the kinda person that thinks they're sick emselves when they hear bout some kinda sickness so maybe this is not so bad at all...

but ive been thinkin bout the topic of depression 4 some time......... and mhh im not sure if its depression i mean its kinda natural to be sad when ur having a hard time its jus tough when the hard time doesn't really go away.......
and u feel low...i mean i think it has lots to do w/ how close I am to God :) =) but im not sure i cant concentrate sometimes and feel tired
all of that stuff has reasons.......kinda hard to explain.........but ive been wonderin if there have been any physical effects due to the stress & feelin low....
im not sure jus wanna prevent fallin deeper like this
i know really comin back to God'll do more than anythin tho
thanks =)=) be blessed everybody !!!!

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's normal to have bad thoughts and to be sad when times are difficult. If you feel this way ALL the time, then I would suggest seeing a doctor. Prayer is a powerful tool for us to "pull ourselves out of the muck" of life. Praying with an open heart is sometimes hard to do because we still want to do everything our own way and forget the Old Guy. But if we are to live freely without all the baggage then we have to "check" that baggage. Repentence and real resolve to be kinder, to be more loving, to be more open to God, results in stronger faith and healthier living.
God bless!

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
truly i don't know how depression is defined.. i've a friend who told me that the speaker she talked to said she had depression, and i just couldn't help groaning.
sometimes, if you thought too much into the negative side (and labelling it with depression helps the downward trend), it's the same as letting yourself drown willingly.

what you need is to have someone to talk to, GOM. God knows we need human companionship.. :pray: :hug:

but remember that bad times come and pass. Trust in the Lord and He will deliver so much more.

Upvote 0

livehislight

Mar 15, 2004
✟129.00
Faith
Christian
hey, yea i totally know what you mean. i'll definately be praying for you. i went thru a time like that-i was like 'i wanna be close to god but i'm not and i don't know how' well i just gotta tell you that god is seeking you a whole bucnch harder than you are seeking him right now.
Isaiah 65:1 "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'
if God is calling out to those who aren't looking for Him, imagine how he's trying to grab you cause you are! He said he'll be found by those who seek him too. trust him and he will lead you to himself. he's an awsome God, totally trustworthy! i'll be praying for you. see you in heaven!

Upvote 0

Big C

SOLA GRATIA car club
Mar 14, 2004
Chi-Town
✟203.00
Faith
Christian
Keep your head up girl...I too stuggle with depression and a feeling of not belonging. When I got saved, all my so-called buddies left me in the dust (I was lonely)! My church family showed me love but I felt like I had nothing in common with them (I felt like an outsider)! The HOLY SPIRIT took away the violence in my actions so I felt like a sucker every time I'd give passes to people trying to provoke me! I was used to getting money the fast way and now I was making minimum wage! Plus, since I wasn't getting drunk and high anymore, I had to deal with memories and emotions that hurt.
These things swayed me from the word of GOD and even caused rebellion many times...Seek him and remember that HE knows what's up with our situations. We are imperfect beings..that's why we need HIM so much! I'll pray for you, and you pray for me (when 2 or more are gathered...he is there in the midst) and HE'll continue working on both of us. LOve.

Upvote 0

GodOwnsMe

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
✟2,433.00
Faith
Christian
thx for all the support =) =)
yep absolutely thinkin bout depression all the time aint really doin me good.
well what i wanna b workin on is
1) the motivation to really love God, not be self-rightous, tryin to do things right while bein bitter, twistin things around, but sittin @ his feet more (y'know like the martha & maria thang) n lettin Him change me, be ready to take the pain bein sold out for God is likely to include
2) forgivin the ppl who
r givin me a hard time, puttin me down for nothin really from my side, n showin forgiveness
3)the ppl who let me feel in a way I'm not really good enough, or w/e when I'm insecure/not like em... (jus like u know ppl don't wanna b your best friend then)
to understand em, not be bitter, but love em aswell
and not turnin all away from everybody jus to not get hurt
to get along w/ the probs I got w/ my family......to rely on God when I got big thangs (n also small stuff) that's so hard to take i start to get negative
to not rely on food & bein online so much.

jus wanted to share this thought it might help if anybody wants to pray, thx =) =) :hug:

**********Big C: ur on my prayer list =) =)*******B blessed!!!! *******

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.