Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hi i been a member of this website off and on over a 4 and 1/2 year period.

I just came back and im now in my first relationship we been together 7 weeks. I live on the west coast of australia and she lives on the east coast so it has its difficulties but yeah im just trying to see what people are like in here.

danstar

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
✟118,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
we met off a similar forum to this one, than i was over in her city last april for a christian conference than this year went back for the conference and thats when we got together

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
we met off a similar forum to this one, than i was over in her city last april for a christian conference than this year went back for the conference and thats when we got together

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask

That's cool. I met my husband on this forum. Have you seen her since the conference?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

danstar

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
✟118,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
no i havent im going back in september for a couple of weeks if work approves my holidays than she is over here in january for a few weeks. This will be the longest period of time without seeing each other face to face since i developed feelings for her, any ideas how to get through

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
no i havent im going back in september for a couple of weeks if work approves my holidays than she is over here in january for a few weeks. This will be the longest period of time without seeing each other face to face since i developed feelings for her, any ideas how to get through

It is hard, but for us, talking on the phone or on voicechat with webcams every day helped a lot. We also would have fun planning our visits together. You could send each other things in the mail, too.

Also, have you looking into meeting up with each other someplace in the middle of where the two of you live?

Upvote 0

danstar

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
✟118,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
we send each other things in the mail quite regularly, and we spend lots of time on the phone to each other, were doing ok its just hard sometimes, than theres days like today where we planned our trip that makes it all seem real close again. 17 weeks and 3 days till i see her i think it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J1A1H

Jun 3, 2010
✟15,234.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
im quite happy to see that many people are meeting and having successful relationships over this site. You will get through it... But i feel the only way i was able to manage my long distant relationship was by visiting her once every 2 weeks on weekends. Luckily i was able to afford the flights twice a month.

Wishing you the best bro

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hey :)

I'm in a long distance relationship as well, with somebody that I met on here. Its tough, especially when your lacking in cash for flights. I haven't the slightest idea how big australia is, but I'm in southern California on the west coast of the US, and he is in Wisconsin where the great lakes are.

We saw each other once and we were already together for 2 months at that point. And we'll be together for a month, I'm flying out there in 15 days, and we've been together for nearly 8 months.

So yeah, you're definitely not alone here. Its tough, but completely doable if you're both dedicated. But definitely get webcams/microphones if your computer doesn't already have them built in and download skype. And yeah, the software for mac is different. We tried to use msn for webcams and it didn't work when he had a mac and I had a PC. But skype worked fine between a mac and a PC.

Upvote 0

danstar

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
✟118,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
hey thanks for the advice, were definitely committed to each other we talk every day sometimes for hours on msn, but sometimes theres days like today which are hard, i was out for lunch with some friends after church and i come online and shes in the middle of something and i got told off, how do you deal with those kind of things when you cant go up to them and say can we talk etc.

Upvote 0