Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have been abused both mentally and physically, called names beaten to the point of a fever and I stayed all in the name of an education. Now that they wont help me graduate(all while they help my other siblings pay for college) and they decide to drop my education my last sem. I am going to my house in another state and I will no longer speak with my family, all except my father's side of the family my mother's entire side is no longer my family. My parents will neither get an invite to wedding at all.

"get a trade" when I have 12 credit hours left???? Naw im out never to be seen again in 12 hrs from 11pm im going to be hanging out with my beautiful finacee and praying on going to the military.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes having space is the best option. However, work on forgiving them and leave the lines of communication open. Keep them in your prayers- sometimes it is the hardest thing to do- praying for those who have done you wrong, especially if they're family.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sometimes having space is the best option. However, work on forgiving them and leave the lines of communication open. Keep them in your prayers- sometimes it is the hardest thing to do- praying for those who have done you wrong, especially if they're family.
The sad thing is right now I am not holding any grudges or anger I let that go earlier today, and I did pray for them and will continue but in order for me to further my walk with Christ and my career I will no longer converse with anyone that is holding me back. Anyone that allows the devil to use them to insult me, attempts to draw me away from Christ, anyone that tries to slow my progress spiritually, mentally or physically I am going to disappear from their life.

I never had a problem praying for those that spitefully use me, I've been doing that my entire life.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry it has come to this. Hope you can make up the last semester soon on your own somehow. It may take more time obviously but you can get there if you persevere, which I'm sure you will. Best of luck and well wishes with your new changes.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
<-----> Matthew 12:47-50

And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
<-----> Luke 11:27+28

And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,
Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.
<-----> Luke 18:29+30

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
<-----> Matthew 10:34-39

And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
<-----> Matthew 26:51+52

And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.
<-----> Luke 22:50+51

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. <-----> Romans 12:21

Upvote 0

1TrueDisciple

Jun 22, 2008
✟15,238.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have been abused both mentally and physically, called names beaten to the point of a fever and I stayed all in the name of an education. Now that they wont help me graduate(all while they help my other siblings pay for college) and they decide to drop my education my last sem. I am going to my house in another state and I will no longer speak with my family, all except my father's side of the family my mother's entire side is no longer my family. My parents will neither get an invite to wedding at all.

"get a trade" when I have 12 credit hours left???? Naw im out never to be seen again in 12 hrs from 11pm im going to be hanging out with my beautiful finacee and praying on going to the military.

If you do choose to go into the military, you will find a number of programs available to finance those remaining hours for your degree. The military encourages its members to complete university degrees and provides financing to help make that possible.

Upvote 0

BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟18,457.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Having read other things you've posted I think getting away is a pretty good thing. For some reason you've been the abused child of the family and that's likely not going to change.

One thing you mentioned before was how the family had bank accounts set aside for your education but now cut you off for no apparent reason just when you have one semester left.

Do you know if that's a trust account or if your name is actually on the account?

People do things like that in order to save on taxes or other reasons but they often don't realize that does indeed come with legal strings and they actually aren't free to just take it away in some cases.

It just might be that you can get that money.

If it's just a regular account, completely in their name, then you likely won't be able to. But if it's got your name on it, or if it's in trust for you, you likely legally can get it.

I know your school has been less than helpful as well. I wouldn't give up just yet though. Ask to see the Dean of Academics or Student Affairs something like that. Explain your situation to him or her, ask for help, if nothing else ask the school to effectively loan you the tuition until such a time as you can pay it back. Point to how well you have done accademically, how you've been accepted to law school and how you are right now, in need of a bit of assistance in life and you would be ever so thankful if he or she would happen to be able to know how to help you.

Point to how you've saved already and how this just jumped out of the blue on you and how your families weath effectively seals you off from the normal means of financial aid but how it isn't available to you for some arbitrary reason. And how your family was saying you should get a trade but how you want a profession.

If he has any grey matter in his skull he will see how the school actually risks very little going with you. They are going to bear all the costs with or without you. And by bending a bit and helping a little they likely will gain a very successful, very grateful alumnus who's desire is to help other students in need. (Read donations)

Upvote 0

xGodsGracex

Aug 2, 2010
UK
✟7,876.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Are you sure you want to join the military? Doesn't that involve MURDERING human beings?

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It may be healthy to distance yourself for now (especially if you have been abused). One question that you may want to explore: why did your family treat you so differently than your siblings? Was there some kind of history that remains unresolved? It's always a good idea to mend fences when the time is right. It might be hard to do that unless you know why things have been so different for you. I've dealt with some separation from family, and after some years passed, I was able to re-connect, and I can't tell you how important that was in my life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have asked myself that for years, it might be due to me being individual and standing up for what's right. At a young age I had a deep understanding of scriptures. Example my cousin was beat up by her father in front of her daughter my mother told her niece to stay with us. She cooked, cleaned, and even worked at my fathers office..One day when she was $100 away from moving my mom told her she had to go back. She had her daughter with her there was no reason every1 agreed with her but me. She told some1 that they had a miscarriage because God knew they were going to be a horrible mother every1 said this was right but me....In every case she used scriptures to say these wicked things, and being young and knowing the word I didn't follow her. I can recall getting beat and looking at my father and saying you were there you know I didn't do it...,and his response was "yeah I know but some have to be sacrificed for the greater good of many."

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
It's healthy to want to break away.

Vows, on the other hand, well, try not to make a lot of them. They're tricky little agreements we make that have little real use in freeing us, and those vows can attach themselves to us in unhealthy ways.

I look foward to hearing about how things are going; its so good so see that you want to come into your own. Even if its a stuggle.

You'll be OK, Avniel. One small step at a time.

Upvote 0