Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been following Jesus for just over a year now. I am very very new to this. Obviously I am working constantly to get sins under control. I see the Lord helping me in so many areas, Swearing, Using his name in vain, self control, anger, etc. There is change, and I am very happy and thankful for that. But then theres lust. I cannot drop it. No matter how hard I try I fall. Every single time. I can go into it saying "Bring it satan, I got the Lord with me" and I will still fall. It doesnt matter how determined I am. I have been doing this all my life so naturally I probably have a bit of an addiction going on. But im tired of failing God. Im tired of willful sin. Somebody help. I am willing to fight like heck, I just need to know where to start.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have been following Jesus for just over a year now. I am very very new to this. Obviously I am working constantly to get sins under control. I see the Lord helping me in so many areas, Swearing, Using his name in vain, self control, anger, etc. There is change, and I am very happy and thankful for that. But then theres lust. I cannot drop it. No matter how hard I try I fall. Every single time. I can go into it saying "Bring it satan, I got the Lord with me" and I will still fall. It doesnt matter how determined I am. I have been doing this all my life so naturally I probably have a bit of an addiction going on. But im tired of failing God. Im tired of willful sin. Somebody help. I am willing to fight like heck, I just need to know where to start.

Fasting and prayer is first and foremost. Pray, pray pray through it and you can make it.

For me it was smoking. I was led by the Holy Spirit to stop but it was really difficult. I actually sat on my bed for 3 days crying, not leaving my room, because I wanted a cigarette so badly at first... Lol.

We all have a "thing" that seems impossible.

I hung on to the promises of God and looked at quitting smoking from the future perspective of it already being accomplished.

And with tons of prayer I made it. I haven't smoked in 9 years.

God will not give you a trial that you cannot handle in Him. You just have to stay in Him and walk as if it's already been overcome. It's not a maybe, it's already been accomplished you just have to live it.

That said, some people need the physical aspect of martial relations and it's just how we are created. We are created to procreate and for some (like me) it's rather as necessary as breathing... Lol.

Once you accomplish self control, you will need to consider marriage to another Christian sooner rather than later... God has given us an outlet in marriage. :)

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

HarleyER

Jan 4, 2024
Toano
✟17,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You might want to start by spending more time reading the Bible, memorizing scripture, listening to Christian music and sermons, getting involve in Christian outreach. The more time you spend on spiritual things, the less time to have to think about earthly things.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lust is not going to go away. It is here and a part of your flesh. We are told to walk in the spirit and not the flesh.

Galatians 5:16-26 KJV
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

We crucify the flesh every day. It is a constant struggle to overcome the flesh.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It depends on what sort of form your lust takes. What I have found is that lust is sexual desire + hatred, so start by cutting the hatred out. What are you lusting for? What are you lusting against?

If it’s a series of lustful relationships, what do you hate in these men? What do you want that they have, that you hate yourself enough to serve them sexually? Cultivate their skills, and combat what you dislike about them in more direct ways.

If it’s masturbation, you likely hate yourself and your sexual drives. Instead of doing that, focus on physical training to improve your body, mental training to improve your mind, maybe even improvements to your physical beauty. Whatever you hate about yourself, change it. Then be honest with yourself and go pursue a Christian marriage relationship so you can enjoy your sexual capacity and use it to help a brother in Christ.

If it’s inappropriate contentography, I suggest kicking the habit by replacing that content with content about how to live in a healthy Christian marriage relationship, or any sort of marriage and relationship content that’s more realistic. Even watching Mama Doctor Jones would be better. Seriously. But you need a replacement content plan for when the urge comes, otherwise you’ll fall right into the abyss again. And use content blockers on your computer too, to keep yourself in line.

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0