✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm Currently having a hard time trying to stop blasphemy, and Sexual Thoughts
a lot of the sexual thoughts come around randomly and i can't seem to get Rid of them they come atleast once a day, But with blasphemy i can't seem to stop swearing in my mind.
And its sorta difficult for me to control on what i say in my mind when i already start saying it or it comes into my mind. How can i atleast stop blasphemy in my mind because i'm having a hard time with it.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
blasphemy isn't swearing, it's doing things like insulting God, teaching he is less than what He is, or that He is evil (God forbid).. those types of things are blasphemous.

Saying cuss words (aka using vulgar language as a matter of course, like most of America) isn't blaspheming God. It's just not educated or polite, and not how we would like to represent ourselves as Christians, but not blasphemy.

If you wish to stop doing an act, just replace the negative act with something positive. Every time you want to cuss - replace the cuss word with a positive word, even if it means correcting yourself at first. At first it will seem unnatural, but in time you will have created a new and better habit and won't even think in vulgar language anymore.

Do similar with sexual desires. Every time you have a sexual desire or thought, replace it with thoughts of you doing some hobby, or do that hobby whenever your thoughts become sexual, and soon you will just think of the hobby, like fishing or wood working..

Just a suggestion.. God bless.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Random thoughts come ( I mean immoral or even real blasphemous or just swears), we are instructed to cast them down. This casting down is immediate and you can visualize throwing that thought down to the ground. But the instruction is stronger than even that in the Greek, it would be to cast it down and crush it as if stomping and crushing a snake.

So as soon as you recognize your thoughts are as you say, cast it down, don't dwell on those thoughts , get rid of them. I do this myself.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
a lot of the sexual thoughts come around randomly and i can't seem to get Rid of them they come atleast once a day, But with blasphemy i can't seem to stop swearing in my mind.
And its sorta difficult for me to control on what i say in my mind when i already start saying it or it comes into my mind. How can i atleast stop blasphemy in my mind because i'm having a hard time with it.
Why waste further thought on these intrusions? When they invade your mind, cast them out and forget about it.

Upvote 0

Lapidarius

Jul 7, 2019
Queensland
✟16,003.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is a great scripture for overcoming unruly and unbidden thoughts.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

We have Divine weapons to help bring our thoughts into line with Gods! I agree with the other posters, stop the thought in its tracks, rebuke it as its not of God, ask God's forgiveness for it. Keep doing this every time and move on immediately .....don’t let yourself get into a lather about it. Dwelling on an issue like this tends to make it bigger.

I have always found it useful to have certain scriptures at my fingertips to quote into a difficult situation....this one from 2 Corinthians is a biggie!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,699.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Those attacks can actually be a springboard to lead you closer to the Lord We are told to meditate on the Word and night. When the attacks come they can be reminders to lift up the Word! Quote Bible verses about what is troubling you, or about anything on your mind, with praise. We are told the Lord "inhabits the praises of His people...." The attacks will not stop overnight, and maybe never totally. But, again, so what? You get the last laugh when you use them as reminders to stay in the Word and in communication with the Father.

If you are not that familiar with Scriptures, maybe make a list of verses, from off the net, that you can learn easily and have ready as your ammunition, and your blessings.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It's good to immerse yourself in the Word of God.
If you can listen to Gospel music throughout the day.
Read Psalms 18 at least 3 times daily it will help strengthen your mind.
Praying in the Holy Ghost helps as well.

It's not easy to get rid of blasphemous thoughts but they do leave.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you removing yourself from entertainment as well as friendships and environments which you don't need to be in where irreverence, immorality, profanity, etc are normal? If not, turning from and removing yourself from such would surely be necessary. It's not reasonable to expect the output of your mind to be better than the input you allow in- and God is not going to show grace to overcome bad input when you could have sought Him for grace not to expose yourself to such input to begin with. You want to make sure that the Lord has your ear to change anything and everything about you that He sees fit to; and that you have a full surrender of heart so that the directions He gives you as you seek Him in the Bible are welcome and will be followed no matter what area of your life they touch.

Romans 13;12-14: "12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. 13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."

Proverbs 13:20 "He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums