outhwaar

Jul 27, 2006
Visit site
✟749.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And for the record- I think mother in laws (in general) are all full of baloney when they talk about their children's childhoods. I only hope I can revise history so artfully someday- forgetting all of the bad and remebering how wonderful it all was :) !

I agree. I notice my mother indulging in voluntary selective amnesia whenever she talks about raising my brother and me. Oh well... I guess there is nothing wrong with hanging on to the good more than the bad.

Upvote 0
P

PilgrimChild

These stories are all so great. I'm thankful that while DD's young we live in a house with (mostly) brick interior. You know what that means? All the furniture that I've painstakingly painted in fun, kiddy designs, become DD's "walls". Chalk, I can handle - it wipes off easily.

Alas, DD got the black permanent marker to her wooden baby barrier, and added her own flourishes to my paint job. I had to get out the methylated spirits and Q-tips (cotton buds) to remove the black marker, then get out my paints again to re-do certain sections. I'm sure I have photos of the marker additions somewhere! :)

Upvote 0

purpleunicorn_Andi

Mar 22, 2005
san antonio, tx
✟17,595.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I get frustrated easily myself... yeah some of it is probly the hormones...

I wish I could find the picture of Robert's artwork in our old house... he was like 2 or 3, and had taken a magic marker and scribled.... the scrible looked like someone fishing...

Upvote 0

LivingHope

Feb 16, 2007
FingerLakes, NY
✟15,204.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have these days everyday! With a crazy 7 year old, a high functioning autistic 5 year old, and a no-napping 18 month old evil kneivel... life is, shall we say interesting? ;)

the other night right before bedtime and my inlaws were on their way over to have coffee. The house was spotless and I had JUST dd left in the bath, she was SUPPOSED TO rinse her body and get out... I went downstairs quickly just to check on the other 2 (because I heard screaming..LOL) and DS was finger painting with chocolate sauce on the WHITE FLOORS, the baby was in the middle of it and then the ceiling started to rain. (yep, dd turned the water on and neglected to turn it off)

just then, the inlaws knocked on the door :doh:

Once, my sons speech therapist was on her way over (this was a while ago) before my ASD son was potty trained, and he had come inside to get a baseball while we were out back. It started POURING, so I was trying to get everyone inside, toys, etc. The dog was soaked, so I left him out until I could go dry him off. I went upstairs and DS had gone potty, all over the floor (im talking #2 here... uhh!) So there I am cleaning up poop, with a speech therapist due any minute, with a baby on my hip, and my dd decided to let the dog in the house (mind you, he's a 120lb black lab) so the speech therapist arrived to all of us soaking wet, me cleaning poop with a huge muddy dog running around on the WHITE FLOORS :eek:

I could go on for days.... :D Kids will be kids, and just in case they forget what they did, I AM keeping a notebook filled with their antics. :p

Upvote 0

~Mrs. A2J~

According to your faith will it be done to you
Aug 13, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟10,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My daughter decided to shred all the packaging peanuts to make this wondeful disaster all over the living room carpet. She had fun picking them all up :D It's funny looking at the pic now but I wasn't too happy at the time LOL

IMG_2785crop.jpg

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have to admit, I'm a little annoyed by the comments stating "what do you expect, kids will be kids, duh...." well, not those words exactly, but I do resent the attitude, and here is why.

First of all ( a real immature word here that fits perfectly..) duh.... Who is ignorant enough to not understand that kids will be kids? I did come here to vent, at the risk of some lack of tolerance which you find in almost every thread you start when you post something that others might judge you on. I didn't come here to be judged, but for complete sensitivity and maybe some gentle words, which most all of you gave, even regardless of the "duh" part (hope I'm not losing anyone). That does bother me because I am not a bad mom. I know none of you have said "you're a bad mom", but you might as well imply it when you state insensitive things like that. I deal with my desire to be the best mom and the reality of feeling angry and frustrated every day, I mean every single day and night, it's in my prayers every night. What good does such comments do? Seriously. I know this, and yet I just need to vent. I'm tempted to start a thread well hopefully parents can safely vent their anger and frustrations without having to face any judgement or critism. We all know what having kids entail. If anyone has a holier than thou attitude about how great of a parent they are than others, then atleast use some judgement to keep it to yourself.

Ok, that said.
I love my kids, I treasure them often! I am greatful that I can have kids! However, for myself, raising them is hard, it is challenging, and frustrating and sometimes I just want to yell. I did do a good thing by putting them to bed early because I was understanding my limits, and I it is harder for me to be patient when I'm tired and feeling overwhelmed, which is what was happening. I knew that when I posted this... yet it was somewhat theraputic to just vent, can anyone relate? Just because I know these things doesn't mean it's any less frustrating. And thanks to those who prayed for me because it helped. I guess that is all I have to say for now. Oh, and that I try not to compare myself to others. I know other people can cope better than myself, but does that mean they should have kids but I shouldn't? No, I disagree, and fortunately so does God. As for my mil, it amazes me how a 65 year old woman with knee problems is able to come to my home, take care of my kids, and clean my house better than I can???? But I'm sure she isn't someone more powerful or better than I am, maybe more mature and patient. No one is more capable than anyone else. Some people might have more understanding or have an understanding that others don't... and others just haven't found that niche... or some people have higher standards than others. My mil has the personality like my hubbie's where she doesn't worry as much as I do, therefore she may not be as careful.... sure, she seems more at peace, but the kids end up with filthy cloths and filthy faces, that is not something I am at peace with. My hubby is content to sit on the couch, watch his shows, and let the kids get into more things than I do... no wonder he seems to have it more together than me......

It seems there is always more to the story than we realize at times. That is why we shouldn't compare ourselves to others.

HB

Upvote 0

teishpriest

Feb 23, 2007
United States
✟8,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We all love our kids, there are days, though that they drive us nuts! (The same can also be said of our DH's, LOL!) I totally understand where you are coming from! I wonder sometimes how on earth I will be able to handle three come November.

I agree, don't worry about putting them to bed early! I do it too some days. I figure if they are being difficult, tiredness might be part the reason behind that. I'd definately rather put them to bed early than completely lose my cool and start screaming at them!

I wish I could just give you the biggest hug and sit down with you over a cup of tea. Don't give up, you are doing fine! You sound like a really good mom. :)

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
We all love our kids, there are days, though that they drive us nuts! (The same can also be said of our DH's, LOL!) I totally understand where you are coming from! I wonder sometimes how on earth I will be able to handle three come November.

I agree, don't worry about putting them to bed early! I do it too some days. I figure if they are being difficult, tiredness might be part the reason behind that. I'd definately rather put them to bed early than completely lose my cool and start screaming at them!

I wish I could just give you the biggest hug and sit down with you over a cup of tea. Don't give up, you are doing fine! You sound like a really good mom. :)

:hug: Thanks!

HB

Upvote 0
P

PilgrimChild

HB, just the other day I wanted to go into a padded, soundproof room and scream for a while to get it all out of my system (and I'm not even a screamer!). It was just the stress of life in general, plus DD and DH, getting to me. Happens to everyone, and you're not a bad parent at all. The fact that you do know where your limits are and what you need to do to ensure your children stay safe and healthy proves that.

If anyone IS judging you for your post, they haven't understood the concept of venting at all. It's the same as having a big ol' cry and feeling tons better afterwards (which is what I did because a padded room wasn't available! :thumbsup:)

You're doing fine - vent away. And, hmm... Wonder how popular a 'venting' thread would be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums