State of ohio, USA
✟2,178.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The oppressed have no freedom and therefor less freedom to commit sin than we do in the free world.

I was in jail for 45 days and was asked the same question. Someone overheard me and another Christian in jail together talking about God and he asked why people get religious in prison, half those in my cell were going to prison for a while. I told him it's because when you're in jail or prison, God is all that's left. He sure seems real then.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, if I give you a word, you can do that?
I have what is referred to as a "thought disorder" :D :blush:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7438358-17/#post54125347

That's the one! I was not suggesting you had a thought disorder. Rather, the Rohrschach test brings out that which dwells in the mind. When you see trigger words and then show what Bible verse you thought of when someone mentioned a certain word, I think you are demonstrating how the Rohrschach test works!
thumbsup.gif

Upvote 0
Dec 26, 2010
✟15,134.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
because they are richer, and that is the us, try japan, korea and northern europe. Here in northern ireland the youth population is 30% atheist e.g 16% of population are atheist why is 45% of NI prison population atheist according to the prison cenus.And explain why atheists are more likly to be serial murders and have very low mental health

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2010
✟15,330.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The oppressed have no freedom and therefor less freedom to commit sin than we do in the free world.

I was in jail for 45 days and was asked the same question. Someone overheard me and another Christian in jail together talking about God and he asked why people get religious in prison, half those in my cell were going to prison for a while. I told him it's because when you're in jail or prison, God is all that'su left. He sure seems real then.

Yet again you are totally focused on the emotional. Most people are religious in prison because they want out and it looks good for the parole board if you 'found jesus' and are sorry for what they did. Also even if they turn to religion because thats all they have left, it does not make god more or less real. It isn't a valid arugment and is ultimately irrelavent. So sorry I even brought it up.

Upvote 0

godisreal36

Nov 19, 2010
State of ohio, USA
✟2,178.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Over education is just as bad, if not worse than under education. I spell a word wrong and this means i don't understand its meaning? Have you considered that my eyes are bad and sometimes spell check spells it wrong and i just fail to see it? I'm not the best speller however, but this does not make me uneducated. Moses wasn't the best speaker, would you refuse to debate him if he spelled something wrong on the web?

Upvote 0

b&wpac7

Nechamya ben Avraham
Dec 18, 2010
✟17,299.00
Faith
Judaism
Over education is just as bad, if not worse than under education. I spell a word wrong and this means i don't understand its meaning? Have you considered that my eyes are bad and sometimes spell check spells it wrong and i just fail to see it? I'm not the best speller however, but this does not make me uneducated. Moses wasn't the best speaker, would you refuse to debate him if he spelled something wrong on the web?

Alright. You wanna debate me, go ahead and start a thread. I don't mind debating even with one arm tied behind my back.

I will point out, however, that spell check wouldn't have helped you. Profits is a real word. Perhaps I do judge, but when I see mistakes such as this I feel that the debate would go nowhere fast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 23, 2010
✟15,330.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Uh hon...I have never ignored a point you have made, nor have I called you uneducated.

Chill, I never said I wouldn't debate you and I can't debate Moses because there would be a launguage barrier in the way.

And how is being smart a bad thing? Maybe if you focus on the comphrension and ignore critical thinking and social development...maybe?

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2010
✟15,330.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ever read the book taming the tiger. Its about an atheist who was a hitman who was a world fighting champion, he killed 16 people and came to Christ in jail, how he has never went back to jail.

Yeah the only thing I got from that was that someone who killed 16 people is now loose on the streets...thanks now I am just never going to leave my dorm for fear of homicidal atheists...

Upvote 0

b&wpac7

Nechamya ben Avraham
Dec 18, 2010
✟17,299.00
Faith
Judaism
Yeah the only thing I got from that was that someone who killed 16 people is now loose on the streets...thanks now I am just never going to leave my dorm for fear of homicidal atheists...

I would have thought once you hit double-digits that should secure a life-without-parole sentence.

So.. why is our prison system so crowded if you can get out after doing that?

Upvote 0

b&wpac7

Nechamya ben Avraham
Dec 18, 2010
✟17,299.00
Faith
Judaism
young people fill the prisons young as being 14-24 the 25-30 population is 65% atheist. NI has a very big young population.

Post some citations. Do you know what precentage of the population is atheist? How could they possibly be 65% of the prison population?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And lamb of Jesus what is a christain seeker
Not really sure how CF defines that faith icon. :confused:
It is simply a seeker icon with a Christian cross on it.

Last place that word is used in the Bible is Revelation 9:6 :o

Blue Letter Bible - Search Results for KJV
(seek)
occurs 244 times in 233 verses in the KJV

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
Strong's Number G2212 matches the Greek ζητέω (zēteō), which occurs 121 times in 116 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

Reve 9:6 and in those the days, the men shall be seeking/zhthsousin <2212> (5692) the death,
and not no they shall be finding it.
And they shall be yearning to be dying and the death shall be fleeing from them

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2010
✟15,330.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
young people fill the prisons young as being 14-24 the 25-30 population is 65% atheist. NI has a very big young population.

"In **1997**, the Federal Bureau of Prisons released the professed religious adherence rate of those in the U.S. Federal Prison system.

Christians make up about 80% of the American population AND prison population.

However, Atheists make up about 8% of the American population but only 0.2% of the prison population.

On the flip side, only about 1-3% of Americans are Muslim, but 7.2% of inmates are Muslim."

Here is the link for the article, it is not conclusive either way but now we have some real numbers...

Religion in prison populations.... are Atheists more ethical than Christians? Muslims less?

I tried to find a fair website...

Upvote 0