• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm A Bad Friend, Can You Give Me a Christian Perspective On This?

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My friend developed psychosis, bipolar, or some type of craziness all in the period of 3 days. I've never seen anyone become demon possessed but he very well might be. I say I'm a bad friend because, I'm his only friend. And Honestly, I don't want anything to do with him either. Right now his own sister and cousins won't talk to him because of how crazy he is. Only his mom and dad who he lives with. He believes he is Jesus Christ and he needs 12 disciples to save the world. Many other things too. This angers me, it angers me because he truly believes this in his head. He's justified in his own mind and won't listen to reason anymore. He believes the earth is flat, the government is a lie and out to get him. TV and music are evil. It angers me because I don't see him as a friend anymore. I see him as a threat. As someone who is about to spread lies, who can potentially harm his or my family. Someone who is now poisonous to the world. I'm very protective and defensive, so this is where a lot of these negative thoughts about him are coming from. I automatically access the worst outcomes. I also know how quick he is to spread lies and false testimony even when he was sane, so there was already a sense of distrust about him and his family..

How can I better understand what he's going through? What are some Bible verses to help me figure out what to do in this situation?

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any chance you could talk him into turning himself into a mental hospital?

Or some counseling with a local pastor?

Maybe help by working with his parents?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It's sounds to me like a possible nervous breakdown?

You are an extremely good friend to him because you have be looking here for support so he can get better. A lot of people would have walked away, but you haven't.

If you feel comfortable doing it, and don't think it is going to trigger any distress for him, then perhaps ask him how he is feeling and whether he needs to see his doctor.

If he does not want to seek help, and you are concerned about his mental being and safety, then there should be a telephone number for your local crisis team or adult safeguarding board.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My friend developed psychosis, bipolar, or some type of craziness all in the period of 3 days. I've never seen anyone become demon possessed but he very well might be. I say I'm a bad friend because, I'm his only friend. And Honestly, I don't want anything to do with him either. Right now his own sister and cousins won't talk to him because of how crazy he is. Only his mom and dad who he lives with. He believes he is Jesus Christ and he needs 12 disciples to save the world. Many other things too. This angers me, it angers me because he truly believes this in his head. He's justified in his own mind and won't listen to reason anymore. He believes the earth is flat, the government is a lie and out to get him. TV and music are evil. It angers me because I don't see him as a friend anymore. I see him as a threat. As someone who is about to spread lies, who can potentially harm his or my family. Someone who is now poisonous to the world. I'm very protective and defensive, so this is where a lot of these negative thoughts about him are coming from. I automatically access the worst outcomes. I also know how quick he is to spread lies and false testimony even when he was sane, so there was already a sense of distrust about him and his family..

How can I better understand what he's going through? What are some Bible verses to help me figure out what to do in this situation?
We are to have the mind of Christ and the Divine thoughts of God. We are to have a sound mind, not of fear but of power and love. This is a choice and we have to choose if we are going to walk with God or not. From what you say the list just goes on and on of all the scriptures that are being violated. What you describe is a person that simply is not living a Christian life according to the teaching in the Bible. This is common though. For example negative people that grumble and complain are not right with God and often they do not realize that. Sometimes they even think that their grumbling and complaining is prayer and they do not understand why God does not accept their prayers. Because we are to give Him praise with thanksgiving. In all things we are to be grateful and give thanks.

The solution is always the Blood of Jesus and to be washed and cleansed in the Blood. This is why there is a lot of sickness. 1Cor11:30 "That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep." 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.

Upvote 0

7bjoern7

Mar 5, 2019
Karlsruhe
✟16,816.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. The earth is flat, the government is a lie and music and tv is evil. It is very important to understand the depths of satan. The amount of deception that is going on is huge, don't get deceived, pray for wisdom and knowledge, pray, that God destroys the fortress of darkness in your head.
Here, some 666 symbolism in Hollywood: 666 over eye - Google Search

According to your friend...if he really believes he is Jesus, that might be a demon. Maybe he did some kind of ritual in those 3 days so he got demonized there. If you have the holy spirit, ask him if you can pray for deliverance for him. Everyone who believes can cast out demons. Mark 16,17

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Only his mom and dad who he lives with.

Then he is not all alone. He has people looking after him. What he is going through seems serious and it's quite alright for you to step back if there is not much else you could do for him right now except pray.

Upvote 0

jisaiah6113

Oct 17, 2018
Arlington
✟16,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm so sorry that you're getting these types of responses. None of these responses reflect a mature understanding of mental illness. Using scripture to try to cover mental illness is as vain and deceptive as trying to cure kidney disease with scripture. We have medicine and doctors for that.

Your friend needs a gentle reminder to get professional help from a qualified doctor and therapist. Easier said than done with someone who actually is delusional, but it's the only road forward for him. Letting him persist in his delusions will lead to destruction. Therefore, his thoughts need to be addressed before more damage occurs.

Upvote 0

anynmskr

Oct 16, 2019
Tennessee
✟4,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I once had a delusion, Or rather, A waking, Life's, "Dream"...

That i had 11 guys, In my corner,

A dozen made me,

And that that was a dozen roses,

And that my number one, in the mix,

Was going to send me flowers someday....

Yeah, I'm still waiting for those, flowers. ;;;;;;;( :( ;(

However, I do not believe, it is not a demonic spirit, It is a genetic illness, And honestly,

Can you really blame him about the television and music stuff,

Given the nature of modern times ? (Bipolar 1, here,
)))))

Last edited:
Upvote 0