Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Horne

Jan 24, 2004
✟16,228.00
Faith
Atheist
tanya88 said:
Cube I will be praying for you! and I don't think it matters what age you are! I'm also 15 and I'm really close to God. Jesus is the center of my life! For all the time I've been christian I haven't regreted it for one second!

Im 15 too, atheists, and I don't regret that one bit, so what does it matter? If you do regret it, you shouldn't be whatever you are (atheist, christian, muslim, etc...)
One more thing, why do christians feel the need to tell someone they will pray for them? After all, shouldn't the person be able to tell by the 'good things' and not need to be told? I'm pretty sure it's because if you know someone was praying for you, and then something good happens, what do they attribute it to?
BTW, don't take anything i say personally...:)

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Justin Horne said:
Im 15 too, atheists, and I don't regret that one bit, so what does it matter? If you do regret it, you shouldn't be whatever you are (atheist, christian, muslim, etc...)
One more thing, why do christians feel the need to tell someone they will pray for them? After all, shouldn't the person be able to tell by the 'good things' and not need to be told? I'm pretty sure it's because if you know someone was praying for you, and then something good happens, what do they attribute it to?
BTW, don't take anything i say personally...:)
Well, a lot of good does come from prayer, and too often we try to ignore that. I think sometimes we try too much to say "If anything good happens, I was responsible," but that is too far. But, we still need to recognize the power of prayer :)

Upvote 0

Justin Horne

Jan 24, 2004
✟16,228.00
Faith
Atheist
Why? I don't pray at all, and as far as i know, no one does for me. I AM responsable for what happens to me, good or bad.. It reminds me a a phrase i used to hear:"God helps those who helps themselves." So if I do nothing, god doesn't help me. If I do something, it was because god helped me that I could do it. Huh?! That's pretty dumb... If you do nothing, and don't get anything done, god won't help. But if actually make an effort, do something, and complete it, it was because god helped you? I went to a church a few weeks ago that pretty much said that. And to that, I call BS...

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I noticed your little tag line at the bottom of your post that states "
Impossibility is a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they're given then to explore the power they have to change it." I like that...and you know what, anything is possible with God...continue to ask questions...I have a lot of respect for people who want the truth...keep seeking, knock and the door will be opened, ask and it shall be answered... I love you, God loves you, don't die with out the truth.

Upvote 0

Bible Addict

Aug 9, 2004
✟8,539.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
plowboy22 said:
My question is WHY are you an athiest? What are these hardened viewpoints? I was an athiest most of life and used science as my excuse but the truth is, God is real. Also, not trying to put you down at all but at 15 you really have a lot to learn. At 15 I thought I knew alot but as you get older you see just how little you actually know. If you truly have questions read either " A Case For Christ" or " A Case For Faith" both of these books were huge eye openers for me.
The Case for Christ is an excellent book, I just wanted to add that if you're a person who isn't in to reading exceedingly long books, there's a version for younger people too which is somewhat shorter, of course because of that, you miss a lot of the stuff inthe regular version but it's a start.

Justin Horne said:
Why? I don't pray at all, and as far as i know, no one does for me. I AM responsable for what happens to me, good or bad.. It reminds me a a phrase i used to hear:"God helps those who helps themselves." So if I do nothing, god doesn't help me. If I do something, it was because god helped me that I could do it. Huh?! That's pretty dumb... If you do nothing, and don't get anything done, god won't help. But if actually make an effort, do something, and complete it, it was because god helped you? I went to a church a few weeks ago that pretty much said that. And to that, I call BS...
I have a question: I've noticed that in most of the threads I've seen you participating in, if someone has different beliefs than you, they're dumb or BS etc. Like plowboy22 said, at 15 you don't know as much as you think you do, I acknowledge that, so when someone says something that I don't agree with, understand or believe in, I don't just write it off as "BS" and neither do most of the other people around here who are our age.

Yesterday you said that you were leaving CF because you didn't like not having access to certain forums etc.. when we were talking about the new under-18 rule for the GA thread... if you really don't like it here, and from here it doesn't sound like you do, why are you still here?

I'm not saying I know more than you or that I'm smarter than you, I'm just saying, maybe you should look in to being a little more open-minded... or at least positive :)

I would say God bless you, but I'm afraid you'll bit my head off for it, so... have a nice day :)

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
cube66 said:
Why is it that God himself cannot change the "hardened" viewpoints I have? I've asked sincerely man a time before, but my faith died and withered away soon after.

I know way too many reasons why christianity is not a valid truth, but a instead a valid religion.

Please, do something that will actually make a difference.

Maybe try and pray for me, but I seriously doubt it'll do the least bit of healing.
What is your point? I'm 22, I'm educated (1 year of college), got pretty good grades in High School, and I'm a Fundamentalist Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Addict

Aug 9, 2004
✟8,539.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
rainbowprism said:
If one would actually stop and realize it takes a ALOT more FAITH to feel comfortable with the idea that everyone and everything is completley random and thrown together with no mean. That is tons of faith right there.
That, I think is a matter of opinion and is different for different people; to have faith in something means to believe in it without needing visible, tangible proof... how can you have faith in nothing? To believe that the world came to be how science describes the beggining doesn't require much faith, because the sientists are quick to show you what theyregard as being "proof", that's not faith... that's going with the flow.

Upvote 0

Justin Horne

Jan 24, 2004
✟16,228.00
Faith
Atheist
Bible Addict said:
I have a question: I've noticed that in most of the threads I've seen you participating in, if someone has different beliefs than you, they're dumb or BS etc. Like plowboy22 said, at 15 you don't know as much as you think you do, I acknowledge that, so when someone says something that I don't agree with, understand or believe in, I don't just write it off as "BS" and neither do most of the other people around here who are our age.

Yesterday you said that you were leaving CF because you didn't like not having access to certain forums etc.. when we were talking about the new under-18 rule for the GA thread... if you really don't like it here, and from here it doesn't sound like you do, why are you still here?

I'm not saying I know more than you or that I'm smarter than you, I'm just saying, maybe you should look in to being a little more open-minded... or at least positive :)

I would say God bless you, but I'm afraid you'll bit my head off for it, so... have a nice day :)

Yes, i was planning on leaving, then the rule was revoked, and i am back to be happy with it. The rule was revoked, why would I still be mad? Pretty ex post facto if you ask me..

I have only written one thing off as bs, and i still think it is. I respect other peoples opinions, however, there is a line between an opinion and being stupid. Im actually quite positive. You dont really see that here because most of the time when I post here it's because im in disagreement. Generally I don't post to what I agree with.

Stay open minded, but don't let your brains fall you.

May god bless you too.. Maybe she will?

Justin

Upvote 0

vossler

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2004
Asheville NC
✟19,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Justin Horne said:
It reminds me a a phrase i used to hear:"God helps those who helps themselves." So if I do nothing, god doesn't help me. If I do something, it was because god helped me that I could do it. Huh?! That's pretty dumb... If you do nothing, and don't get anything done, god won't help. But if actually make an effort, do something, and complete it, it was because god helped you? I went to a church a few weeks ago that pretty much said that. And to that, I call BS...
Just passing through and saw this statement. The phrase "God helps those who help themselves" doesn't come from the Bible but originated from poor Richard's Almanac, which was written by Ben Franklin during the early days of this country. The concept isn't in any way advocated within the Bible, it is contrary to the Word of God. :)

Upvote 0

rainbowprism

Elevate My Soul
May 4, 2004
Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Bible Addict said:
That, I think is a matter of opinion and is different for different people; to have faith in something means to believe in it without needing visible, tangible proof... how can you have faith in nothing? To believe that the world came to be how science describes the beggining doesn't require much faith, because the sientists are quick to show you what theyregard as being "proof", that's not faith... that's going with the flow.

I respectfully disagree. After all, we as Christians raise our Bibles as 'proof'. We also point to nature as 'proof'. You are making a faith statement either way.

Upvote 0

MLynn

Lifelong Disciple
Jun 29, 2004
USA
✟15,384.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Constitution
plowboy22 said:
Having been athiest most of my life I would have to disagree with that statement. I genuinely did NOT believe in God and was NOT looking for attention. I am very thankful that God helped open my heart.
plowboy, I'm very interested in your story. I don't think atheists are trying to get attention; I think they really care and want to know what's going on. I've found that although I can share my conversion experience with atheists, they just aren't capable at that moment to understand what I've said. I just love them and they are my friends - lovely friends.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Addict

Aug 9, 2004
✟8,539.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
rainbowprism said:
I respectfully disagree. After all, we as Christians raise our Bibles as 'proof'. We also point to nature as 'proof'. You are making a faith statement either way.
The Bible says that the logic of this world is rong, but it is still human nature to go with that logic, so wouldn't that mean the automatic reaction of a human would be to not believe in God or in any "supernatural" power?

I guess we'll just have to, here comes the cliché... "agree to disagree" lol... :)

Upvote 0

Angus

Aug 4, 2004
✟129.00
Faith
Other Religion
cube66 said:
Why is it that God himself cannot change the "hardened" viewpoints I have? I've asked sincerely man a time before, but my faith died and withered away soon after.

I know way too many reasons why christianity is not a valid truth, but a instead a valid religion.

Please, do something that will actually make a difference.

Maybe try and pray for me, but I seriously doubt it'll do the least bit of healing.
Maybe there isn't a God in this universe. Your'e educated... WHOA! and atheist!!!! most educated people are >.>

Upvote 0

AudioArtist

AudioArtist
Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
The question is this: do people who claim to have experienced healings, miracles, spiritual encounters, changed lives, poltegeists, demonic deliverance etc. all have mental issues, or is there something out there? It's easy to scoff at such matters as I once did, but the more a delved into it, the more I realized that such people were often completely normal, educated people who had, perhaps, experienced the supernatural. Or all of them suffered from hallucinations, which all bizzarely pointed towards a spiritual realm. And don't say they experienced that stuff because they "wanted" to; a lot of people have converted due to such mystic experiences, without actually having believed in the first place.

But, don't worry if you can't believe. I know how you feel; I desperately wanted to believe in Jesus and sometimes I found it ridiculous and impossible. I'm sure God loves anyone who desires him, and you are showing you do, even if you can't muster up enough faith to actually believe fully. Nothing wrong with that.

Upvote 0

BornAgainBabe

Isaiah 1:18, 1 Cor 13:4-8
May 20, 2004
England
✟7,813.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 16 so I'm more or less the same age as you, I've been a Christian for a little under a year, and what made me realise that God was real was that I was at a very low point in my life. I'd just split up with my boyfriend of over 2 years who I'd lost my virginity to at 14, and I was falling deeply into a black hole, I'd lost all my friends through clinging too close to my ex and not spending any time with them, and I was so alone. In this time I found myself on my knees, desperately praying for God to help me, and if He was 'really out there', 'don't leave me here falling into oblivion, help me!' was basically what I prayed. I had a good cry and prayed for God to give me peace to sleep that night, and I curled up in bed and could feel God's presence, for the very first time. The next day God started to help me get my life back together, I started going to church, made up with my friends, etc. etc. Getting over Scott and the fact I'd given so much of myself to him etc. was the hardest part, as well as realising that God has really forgiven me for my past, which I only really got sorted this summer. I am very much a work in progress! Now I speak in tongues, I've prayed for the sick and they've been healed, I've spoken prophetic words over people, God's spoken to me in various ways and helped me make decisions and stuff. Now I have no doubt that God is real. There was a time, just after I'd got saved and I'd been going to church and doing the 'christian thing' for a while, when it all began to feel like a game, the emotions from the initial experience I had were beginning to wear off and it all felt like a farce. But I had good strong Christians around me to talk to, who said that everyone goes through that sort of thing, and I had to just press on, because faith isn't a feeling, it's a decision. You decide to believe, whether you feel like it or not. Love is a commitment, not an emotion. You commit to spending time with God and doing things for Him, whether you feel overwhelming love for Him or not.

Anyway hope my story helps you a little bit. Hope you find God without having to go through something like I did to push you to Him.

Praying for you!

Laura xxx

Reactions: Bible Addict
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.