Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In fairness, it's not that they secretly like it, it's that they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Keep undocumented immigrants around and you'll be attacked with you want open borders and to just let immigrants in in droves. Drive them out and you're attacked with having a poor economy, and being anti-business and abandoning the working class.

The status quo is at least the status quo.
Those are not the motives that are the most likely suspects. The Democrats believe they can win the Hispanic vote and thus make them a solid Democrat vote, like blacks, women, gays. They want to flood Hispanics in, open borders and chain migration isn't a failed political strategy, it's a social theory in practical terms. Republicans have always been notoriously pro status quo, they serve their cooperate masters diligent and skillfully. I've seen what immigrants are doing in warehouses and factories, if it pays anything they will flood it with Asian and African employees. This serves the corporate self interest which represent their most sacred lobbyists and donors.

I remember back, about 2009, the Federal government was doing a lousy job on border security. Then the Mexican President said wherever there is a Mexican that's Mexico. Arizona passed some of the strictest anti-illegal immigration laws in the country, there was even a push to make illegal immigration a felony. Somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum is the actual answer but riddled with ulterior motives both parties play both ends against the middle. The sad truth is, in a sound bite social media driven society it works like a charm.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Since your quoted data supported my point, no, I am not kidding.
That is statistical support for this being a growing crisis, I was simply answering your question.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That my friend, is a key issue.

It is why their job approval rating is where it is.
They don't need popular support, they need sponsors paying millions to get them reelected. Same on both sides of the isle. Honestly I didn't know their approval rating was that low, why am I not surprised?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That is statistical support for this being a growing crisis, I was simply answering your question.

I'm sorry, I apparently was not clear. There is a crisis but it is not illegal immigrants. It is people applying for asylum. That strikes me as an important distinction.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry, I apparently was not clear. There is a crisis but it is not illegal immigrants. It is people applying for asylum. That strikes me as an important distinction.
I think it's the fact that they can stay and apply for asylum that is creating the crisis of illegal immigration in the first place. Did you notice this statistic at all?

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has reported that 66,450 persons were apprehended between the ports of entry in February, the highest monthly total in a decade. Projections for March are even worse—exceeding 100,000—with experts concerned that monthly totals could exceed 150,000 in the coming months. (Yes, There’s a Crisis on the Border. And It’s Trump’s Fault. Politico)
Illegal immigration was on the decline when Trump took office and did a drop after he was in there a while. Now it has spiked, illegal immigration has advantages like over burdening a system that can now be manipulated in mass by illegals. I expect whole sale open borders should the Democrats take control and nothing to stop it. Those numbers wont improve, they will just represent legal residents who in turn, will be Democrat supporters.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Those are not the motives that are the most likely suspects. The Democrats believe they can win the Hispanic vote and thus make them a solid Democrat vote, like blacks, women, gays. They want to flood Hispanics in, open borders and chain migration isn't a failed political strategy, it's a social theory in practical terms. Republicans have always been notoriously pro status quo, they serve their cooperate masters diligent and skillfully. I've seen what immigrants are doing in warehouses and factories, if it pays anything they will flood it with Asian and African employees. This serves the corporate self interest which represent their most sacred lobbyists and donors.

Ah. I see. It appears I've made a mistake. I thought this thread was to be a thoughtful examination and discussion of the various problems regarding immigration. It appears it is a whinge and whine about "them" thread.

No thanks. This is far less interesting.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah. I see. It appears I've made a mistake. I thought this thread was to be a thoughtful examination and discussion of the various problems regarding immigration. It appears it is a whinge and whine about "them" thread.

No thanks. This is far less interesting.
There is a reason it's lingered as an issue for so long.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
There is a reason it's lingered as an issue for so long.

Yes. I tried to explain in terms of economic consequences and dillemas of the situation. You apparently prefer to stick with the usual "political party x are bad" explanation. There are literally hundreds of those threads here.

This isn't actually a serious discussion.

That's fine. Have fun.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes. I tried to explain in terms of economic consequences and dillemas of the situation. You apparently prefer to stick with the usual "political party x are bad" explanation. There are literally hundreds of those threads here.

This isn't actually a serious discussion.

That's fine. Have fun.
Well I'm not sure what the problem was for you here but there are loopholes in the law are big enough to drive a truck through. Only Congress can fix this and neither party intends to even try. Sorry you didn't like where the discussion went, thanks for the exchange.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe that we are conflating two very separate issues

THE "HORDES" OF ASYLUM SEEKERS
The total is increasing by the month, even with Trump continuing to make the requirements for success more strict. However, even if 1/2 of the million a year are accepted, that would mean 500K citizens a year (after they go through the process).

That's a lot, and this would indeed be a strain on our systems. These asylum seekers are primarily women and children, NOT needed construction, tech, hotel, and agriculture workers.

IMMIGRANT WORKERS
We continue to need many more immigrant workers that are coming in. We need to legalize those that are here, and we need to improve the immigration process to secure more workers on a regular basis. Legal immigration has been critical to securing workers in the past, and continues to be so.

The alternative is to have the crisis that almost every country of the developed world has: an aging population and an increasing lack of workers. This is especially true in societies that are poor at integrating workers into their culture and into citizenship (e.g. Japan, and France). The US has the solution, not the problem. The solution is to accept and integrate lots of immigrants. As an aside, the need is for workers, not just an increased number of immigrants, so we could change the system (something Democrats have great trouble with).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I really believe Congress is to blame for this crisis. Trump's not to blame. Obamas not to blame. Bush is not to blame. This whole mess falls directly in crongess' lap. Trump is trying to so something and Congress as usual is sitting on it's hands and doing nothing. One of the reasons Trump got elected was he said he would do something. Then he is blocked at every turn. Congress needs to pass a new law regarding asylum. Congress needs to pass laws going after businesses that hire illegals and they need to fund the investigators to go after the businesses that do. They need a bill to fund whatever is needed to stop illegals from crossing the border and apprehending them .

They need to work on the legal migrant workers laws to allow more legal migrant workers to work those jobs where they are needed.

States need to work on their unemployment laws to make them stricter. That way more Americans will be working those jobs "Americans won't do" because they need to work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0