#ILEFTTHEGOP TRENDS AS FORMER REPUBLICANS SHARE WHY THEY 'CUT THE CORD' WITH THE PARTY

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
House Passes Resolution Formalizing Impeachment Inquiry
October 31, 20199:07 AM ET

House Passes Resolution Formalizing Impeachment Inquiry

Dec 4, 2019
WASHINGTON – The House Judiciary Committee held its first hearing Wednesday on whether President Donald Trump should be impeached.

House Judiciary committee holds Trump Impeachment hearings

See above. You know this. Why pretend that you don't?

yes we know all this!

What you fail to realize is that the subpoenas all occurred prior to 10/31 , before the house authorized impeachment hearings. Thus making tham all invalid.

Nancy on her own authority cannot convene committees to investigate impeachment. The constitution syas it belongs to the house- not just the speaker.

But you know that.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You guys have your mind's made up, so it doesn't matter what I say but despite what Obama says I'm still going to "cling to my God guns and religion"
So...that would be "I can't actually explain why I think he's "mocking the Bible" in this video but I really REALLY think he is!"? :scratch:
tulc(is just trying to make sure he's understanding FireBrimstone's point) :wave:

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What you fail to realize is that the subpoenas all occurred prior to 10/31 , before the house authorized impeachment hearings. Thus making tham all invalid.

No, as you learned, the committee chairmen already had the power of subpoena. House rules. Same as it was when the House impeached Bill Clinton.

Why do you think the House republicans, who tried one legal maneuver after another to derail impeachment proceedings, never tried that argument?

Yep. That's why.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President - WallBuilders

I assume that would be the president who has used most of the ten commandments like Kleenex?

The one who bragged about being able to get away with sexual assault?

The one who had to pay tens of millions of dollars in damages for defrauding people who trusted him?

The one who is such a compulsive liar that he lies even when he knows people know he's lying?

That one? I guess that would be him.

Upvote 0

FireBrimstone

Feb 25, 2020
Atlantis
✟13,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Screenshot_20200227-210001__01.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireBrimstone

Feb 25, 2020
Atlantis
✟13,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So...that would be "I can't actually explain why I think he's "mocking the Bible" in this video but I really REALLY think he is!"? :scratch:
tulc(is just trying to make sure he's understanding FireBrimstone's point) :wave:
Cult

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, as you learned, the committee chairmen already had the power of subpoena. House rules. Same as it was when the House impeached Bill Clinton.

Why do you think the House republicans, who tried one legal maneuver after another to derail impeachment proceedings, never tried that argument?

Yep. That's why.

I know you are not that ignorant! But in case you are!

It was not congressional staffers that were subpoenaed but executive branch employees. And it was the executive branch who rejected the subpoenas as valid because the house had not yet approved impeachment proceedings to commence!

Yes under normal functioning of the house they have certain subpoena powers, but impeachment is not "normal" proceedings but a unique constitutional process that belongs to teh house not just the speaker! Once th ehouse voted and approves impeachiment proceedings to begin, then the speaker has authority to grant which committees will investigate, etc.etc.etc. and all th esubpoena power that goes with it.

But impeachmetns to begin must be approved by the house! But you know that!

And you need to educate yourself about teh timeline of Clintons impeachment. No subpoenas were issued by congress until after the house approved the proceedings to commence! But you know that as well.

Upvote 0