Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
From the day, businessman Donald Trump came down the escalator to announce his White House bid, say what you will, he soon stepped into a collaboration of his own personal gallery of insincere backstabbers. Not just any RINOS, but world-class who dance wonderfully to the glee of the far-left element. For the left, a treacherous RINO is simply a “moderate”.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but a good number of these keep a ‘Christian’ affiliation. Those of us who recognize accuracy are well aware of the many such who’s lifeblood is for these many same traits that have always been counter to MAGA. Such ‘spiritual maturity’ needing extraction is now long past being brazen.

But RINO-lites are not as obvious. Some are closeted holdouts and some have infiltrated. For instance, some members of the GOP in your state may carry a particular disdain for Donald’s call for “one-day voting’ and ‘paper ballots’. Less important but more popular, every RINO today is known for maintaining the misleading narrative of the January 6 event being an “attack on the US Capitol” while shielding the public from PDJT’s request for additional security measures.

Comments such as this serves the RINO well so as to lessen the alarm, dilute our resolve,

“One of the biggest problems we have in the Republican Party is if you have an ultra-right conservative who has a slight disagreement with another Republican, it doesn’t matter if they’re in the same lane 90% of the time or 50% of the time — usually, the term RINO gets thrown out there.” Richard George, a former Republican National Committee member, Politico

Could a few snippets here speak of the spiritual core of the RINO and leftists?

1. "I wish I was a slave to an age-old trade, like ridin' around on railcars and workin' long days." These lyrics evoke a sense of nostalgia for a bygone era, romanticizing a simpler way of life that involves hard work and a clear sense of purpose.
  2. "Lord have mercy on my rough and rowdy ways." The repeated plea for mercy suggests a recognition of past mistakes or reckless behavior, acknowledging the need for forgiveness and redemption.
  3. "Call it one drink too many, call it pride of a man, but it don't make no difference if you sit or you stand." These lines address themes of self-destruction, pride, and the cyclical nature of human behavior, suggesting that regardless of the specific actions taken, they can still lead to trouble and regret.
  4. "We do it over and over and over again." This repetition highlights the idea of being stuck in a continuous loop of making the same mistakes or repeating the same patterns of behavior.
  5. "Down in the valley with whiskey rivers, these are the places you will find me hidin'" The valley symbolizes a place of solace or retreat, where the narrator seeks refuge from the complexities and challenges of life. The whiskey rivers may represent escapism or self-medication to cope with inner turmoil.

All thoughts welcome, ,

Reactions: Vambram

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Republicans you call RINOS are the true Republicans, trying to keep their party focused on principles rather than personality.
MAGA Republicans would be wise to heed the first commandment. They are worshipping a false god, voting according to his commands, bowing and scraping, protecting him and attacking his 'enemies.'
What is spiritual about that?
Does the false god lead a Godly life? He is a model of the seven deadly sins.
I appreciate the courage of the principled Republicans.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the day, businessman Donald Trump came down the escalator to announce his White House bid, say what you will, he soon stepped into a collaboration of his own personal gallery of insincere backstabbers. Not just any RINOS, but world-class who dance wonderfully to the glee of the far-left element. For the left, a treacherous RINO is simply a “moderate”.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but a good number of these keep a ‘Christian’ affiliation. Those of us who recognize accuracy are well aware of the many such who’s lifeblood is for these many same traits that have always been counter to MAGA. Such ‘spiritual maturity’ needing extraction is now long past being brazen.

But RINO-lites are not as obvious. Some are closeted holdouts and some have infiltrated. For instance, some members of the GOP in your state may carry a particular disdain for Donald’s call for “one-day voting’ and ‘paper ballots’. Less important but more popular, every RINO today is known for maintaining the misleading narrative of the January 6 event being an “attack on the US Capitol” while shielding the public from PDJT’s request for additional security measures.

Comments such as this serves the RINO well so as to lessen the alarm, dilute our resolve,

“One of the biggest problems we have in the Republican Party is if you have an ultra-right conservative who has a slight disagreement with another Republican, it doesn’t matter if they’re in the same lane 90% of the time or 50% of the time — usually, the term RINO gets thrown out there.” Richard George, a former Republican National Committee member, Politico

Could a few snippets here speak of the spiritual core of the RINO and leftists?

1. "I wish I was a slave to an age-old trade, like ridin' around on railcars and workin' long days." These lyrics evoke a sense of nostalgia for a bygone era, romanticizing a simpler way of life that involves hard work and a clear sense of purpose.
  2. "Lord have mercy on my rough and rowdy ways." The repeated plea for mercy suggests a recognition of past mistakes or reckless behavior, acknowledging the need for forgiveness and redemption.
  3. "Call it one drink too many, call it pride of a man, but it don't make no difference if you sit or you stand." These lines address themes of self-destruction, pride, and the cyclical nature of human behavior, suggesting that regardless of the specific actions taken, they can still lead to trouble and regret.
  4. "We do it over and over and over again." This repetition highlights the idea of being stuck in a continuous loop of making the same mistakes or repeating the same patterns of behavior.
  5. "Down in the valley with whiskey rivers, these are the places you will find me hidin'" The valley symbolizes a place of solace or retreat, where the narrator seeks refuge from the complexities and challenges of life. The whiskey rivers may represent escapism or self-medication to cope with inner turmoil.

All thoughts welcome, ,
What do you consider to the be the core principles and values of the true Republican and how to practically live them out?

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What do you consider to the be the core principles and values of the true Republican and how to practically live them out?
Glad you agree there is nothing within my OP that doesn't fulfill the Republican core principles. As I'm sure you wouldn't want to create a vacuum here, but to confer amongst each other to propel a just cause for the good of all, if we truly anticipated such a listing.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Republicans you call RINOS are the true Republicans, trying to keep their party focused on principles rather than personality.
MAGA Republicans would be wise to heed the first commandment. They are worshipping a false god, voting according to his commands, bowing and scraping, protecting him and attacking his 'enemies.'
I for one can assure you, I have not followed you to even begin to understand this "worshipping" you are touching on. Could you summarise this qualification?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Glad you agree there is nothing within my OP that doesn't fulfill the Republican core principles. As I'm sure you wouldn't want to create a vacuum here, but to confer amongst each other to propel a just cause for the good of all, if we truly anticipated such a listing.
Is this anything close?

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Traditionally, RINO and similar terms, like “me-tooer” during the New Deal era, were used “to indicate that a Republican is deviating from conservative views,” Continetti said. “But what we’ve seen in the last two years is that the term has no relation to policy and what it’s really about is whether the Republican stands by Donald Trump or not.”
“This was applied to people who were more liberal Republicans, who weren’t taking the positions that conservatives agreed on — on abortion, gun control or on the role of government,” said Richard Davis, BYU professor emeritus of political science, of the term RINO.

But this clear ideological connotation seems to have disappeared. RINO hunting in the age of Trump

Some of the key conservative values include:
  • Limited government intervention
  • Free market capitalism
  • Personal responsibility
  • Strong national defense
  • Traditional family values
  • Limited social welfare programs
Some of the key progressive values include:
  • Government intervention to address social and economic issues
  • Equality and fairness
  • Protecting individual rights and freedoms
  • Environmental protection
  • Access to healthcare and education
  • Protecting marginalized communities

Conservatives want society not to change. They believe that we should stick to tradition, to traditional values, and the like. They tend to be aligned with the right.
A progressive wants society to reform. Modern progressives are in favor of LGBTQ acceptance, more rights to disadvantaged groups, etc. They tend towards the left.
A regressive wants society to go back to something. You don’t see them as often, but they’re becoming an ever increasing group on the far right in American politics. They advocate for a glorious past, such as “Make America Great Again” or in extreme cases advocate for “the return of the Aryan race.”

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the day, businessman Donald Trump came down the escalator to announce his White House bid, say what you will, he soon stepped into a collaboration of his own personal gallery of insincere backstabbers.
He deepened the the swamp with people who put up with is his narcissistic "Only I..." spirituality.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Bare with the quotes. Under "American values", we are as a ship tossed with the passing waves. The once interwoven Christian values conflict is now turned it's attention to the encroaching powers that would diminish our “dreams”. Later, the Resolution regroups to mention our dependence on a nameless “God” while America instead rests on her “generosity”.

It is a significant matter to me this slow release from view, going on for decades. As the living Messiah deserves more than a “parochial” mention.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I find it ironic when Trump and Trump supporters accuse others of being RINOs. The guy changes his political party whenever it suits his ambitions. Sometimes, he's a Republican. Other times, he's a Democrat:

Political positions of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

"Donald Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987; since that time, he has changed his party affiliation five times. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.[4]"

The Republican party that I once knew has been unrecognizable for a while now. At least on the national level.

As far as "conservatives" go, a lot depends on what's being conserved. A conservative in the USA isn't equivalent to a conservative in Russia, for instance. Free speech, free trade, freedom for private citizens to own the means of production, regardless of race or ethnicity, along with other liberal ideals that used to be "conserved" by US Republicans. Until relatively recently, the GOP was a forward-thinking party. Not that the Democrats weren't also forward-thinking in their own way, but neither party was regressive. At least not as I understand the term.

MAGA isn't particularly forward-thinking. Other than a lack of hawkishness, which is a step in the right direction in my opinion, It's like a caricature of untoward elements that the Republican party of old wouldn't even give lip service to.

I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat, because both parties currently lean too authoritarian for my comfort, but I did grow up in a Republican family. The old kind. Not perfect, but with good heads on their shoulders. Never heard a racist word from any of them. Pro-science, pro-family values, future oriented. Pragmatic and mostly Christian. Focused on things like engineering, business, even with artistic hobbies and whatnot. There are still Republicans like that, but these days they are overshadowed by MAGA types. Which is unfortunate, in my opinion. MAGAs would have been considered RINOs back in the day.

MAGAs may sincerely want to "Make America Great Again", but they're not going to move forward by going backward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums