Not open for further replies.

Ephesian

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟294.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
This sounds very useful. I was considering strongly looking for another Forum, and I was invited by the owner of another Forum to join his. He wants me to post some threads on his. I don't know yet, if the Lord would have me leave here yet.

Rollin - I just got here and I believe our views run along the same lines, and I enjoy your posts. Don't leave yet. :sigh:

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by TheBear
The ignore button serves a purpose. In an idealistic world, where ideas and thoughts can be exchanged without offending, then obviously we would not need such an option.

This is where an individual is 'bothered' or offended by another individual's posts. There is equal sides to this scenareo. On the one side, there are some members who try 'push the buttons' of other members. On the flip side of that same coin, there are some members who get offended at what others do not see as offensive. (I have recently recieved a private message from a member, telling me he was leaving the forum, because "The ideas expressed on this forum are beyond belief!" :scratch: ) Then, there are other scenareos, where members get hurt by the constant, barrage of 'bashings', by some posters. They may have even tried to reason with the individual, but for lack of the right words or the communication limitations of forums, only made things worse.

If you feel that an individual is constantly getting you worked up, by all means, use the ignore button. :)

John

Another reason I currently use the ignore button is when I find an individual has proven over time that his/her posts do not add anything constructive to the discussion. Not that I'm offended in any way by that, I just consider it a waste of my screen space and eye muscle movement.

For example, I've been ignoring RKF for a while now because I have read everything he has to offer. I haven't seen his posts lately but I'm not in fear of "missing something" because I'd bet dollars to donuts that every post of his in the endtimes forum contains only 2 words:
Lemonade & Twist

After about 6 of those exact posts in succession, I knew that the use of the ignore button by me for him, was indicated.

As for being offended, the choice of the ignore button is an excellent tool because we alone choose what we find offensive. Nobody can tell us what to find offensive, therefore we can not hold anybody but ourselves responsible for something we personally find offensive. It's our personal choice to be offended or not.

Make the choice, own the responsibility.
YBIC either way,
P70

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok...Are you guys actually telling me that this ignore button feature works? :scratch:

I tried it and the only thing it blocks is the review option for me. When I am posting a comment on a thread and try to review posts then the people I have chosen are indeed blocked. But otherwise when I am reading a thread they still are clearing visible. But it doesn't matter anymore. I have decided not to run from this battle. I couldn't anyway.

:) LOVE

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know yet, if the Lord would have me leave here yet.

Thunder, I hope you won't leave. I just got here a few days ago, but I am already considering leaving because of the preterists. I have tried to find a thread in the End Times that is not dominated by preterist talk. If there is a thread that the preterists are not interested in, I need to find it fast. I didn't register at ChristianForums.com so I could learn about preterist or any other kind of terist. I came here to read and hopefully get in some wonderful discussions about the second coming of Christ. It is exciting to look for our King of Kings, it is exciting to think and talk about JESUS. I want Jesus to be the center of our discussions, I don't want people trying to take my mind away from where Jesus wants my mind to be.

Do you know what is wonderful? To read a post that is inspired by the Holy Spirit, when my eyes read the words the Spirit reveals Himself to me in such a glorious way that I am so blessed and full of God I can feel his presence. I recently read a post by Josiah that made me feel that way, his words were kind and gentle and full of the Spirit. But the very next post was by a preterist that took my mind off of the Holy Spirit and caused me to, once again, feel like leaving this board.

So I don't know what the answer is. Why does satan NOT want us to discuss the wonders of the End Times---maybe that is the REAL question we should all be asking ourselves. For if we discuss the End Times, if we think about the fact that Jesus could return at any moment, then we will keep our hearts and minds on Jesus---and satan does NOT want us to do that. He will devise every plan possible to confuse us, but mostly satan wants to DISTRACT us from what God would have us thinking about and praying about.

If I am listening to the radio, and a song I really like is being played, I will turn the radio up so I can hear it better. But if the dog is barking and the neighbor is racing the engine on his car and the TV is already too loud, I will probably just turn the radio off because there is so much distraction going on that I can't even hear the song anyway. In the same way, my spirit can't hear and consider the words of a spirit filled post when it is drowned out with words that ask me to stop looking for my Beloved Savior!

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um

Thunder, I hope you won't leave. I just got here a few days ago, but I am already considering leaving because of the preterists. I have tried to find a thread in the End Times that is not dominated by preterist talk. If there is a thread that the preterists are not interested in, I need to find it fast. I didn't register at ChristianForums.com so I could learn about preterist or any other kind of terist. I came here to read and hopefully get in some wonderful discussions about the second coming of Christ. It is exciting to look for our King of Kings, it is exciting to think and talk about JESUS. I want Jesus to be the center of our discussions, I don't want people trying to take my mind away from where Jesus wants my mind to be.

!

Hello Auntie_Belle_Um,
Thankyou for your kind words, they really caught me by surprise. I haven't seen words like these lately, and even my words are not worthy of being heard. I feel like this door that was once opened to me is now closing. But it is only one door, there are two more open. I really hate to see things end this way. I am so glad that you didn't fall for their deception. My heart is saddened, because this was such a good Forum for a while, but it now looks as if it's on it's last leg. All the threads are getting trashed. I am convinced that the preterists are trying to run us out of here. They have to be, nothing else makes sense. Why else would someone who believes that all prophecy was finished in 70 AD, be so interested in the end times?? They jump onto every single thread, and try to cram their silly beliefs down everyones throats. I have never seen anyone get so excited about the past. The devil is working over time in these last days. So you like threads that were inspired by the Spirit, me too. I have two of that kind here, but you would have to dig them out. But if you want to read them, please don't reply, because they will only get trashed. They are probably on the 2nd or 3rd pages of this forum. The first is "WHERE IS AMERICA IN THE LAST DAYS??", and my latest is "MY DELIVERER IS COMIN'". The later one was special, because when I was doing my rough draft, searching for the scriptures, the Holy Spirit was teaching me. It was a work in a work, LOL. That was more awesome than the first one. I have another one to do, but not on this forum. I am just waiting to see what happens, just so I will see it coming sooner next time. Live and learn, huh?? See ya

Upvote 0
Hey RT, remember when Elisha asked for a double portion of what Elijah had? Same thing here, if you find yourself about to be carried away to another forum in a firey chariot can you send me all your blessings? ;)

Seriously though, I hope you're wrong about the forum disintegrating. It has become rough going but I really hope that this thing has turned the corner.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00

I am convinced that the preterists are trying to run us out of here. They have to be, nothing else makes sense.

:cry: :cry: :cry: well pass me the brown paper bag :( you guys are unbelievable -go back and read your posts and see who was trying to railroad who out of town -try growing up :mad:

davo

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

....and my latest is "MY DELIVERER IS COMIN'". The later one was special, because when I was doing my rough draft, searching for the scriptures, the Holy Spirit was teaching me. It was a work in a work, LOL. That was more awesome than the first one....

Hey Thunder, yes I read "My Deliverer Is Comin'" and I loved it! :clap: The absolute best posts are Spirit inspired posts, and isn't it amazing how you "know" when something is truely of the Spirit? I could tell the way you wrote that post that God was directing you along the way. Allowing God to use you that way is a double blessing, first to you the writer, and secondly to all the readers! :)

Thanks Thunder--keep up the good work! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Catchup

Thunder: Please send me an email or pm on the location of the other forum where you post.

:) LOVE

Hello Catchup,
Now that order has been restored in this Forum, I think I will stick around a bit longer. I am very grateful that Erwin stepped in before all the sheep got scattered. It is not because the sheep are weak that they were leaving. They were leaving because God gave us the spirit of peace and love, not division and arguing. I can't blame those who left. I was on the verge myself, but thank God that there is still some justice in this world. I will start another thread soon, after I get my second wind. I try to wait on the Lord more now. Two of my posts were inspired for sure. Some were done just for fun, like topics that try to get you guessing who the AC will be. They are sometimes interesting, but not important. They may be a waste of time, and that's why I will wait on the Lord more in the future. I have noticed when He gives me the idea, He will also confirm it later, and that's when I know it's time to go to work. This is still new to me, and I don't want to run too far ahead of the One who brought me here in the first place. But I will probably post it soon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.