✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Posted by Pobre
Is MALIGNING people and MISREPRESETING things the best you can do OldShepherd? There is NO "Iglesias ni Manalo" and I have NEVER claimed that I belong to the "Iglesias ni Manalo." You must be referring to another poster.
I am a member of the Iglesia ni CRISTO - not "Iglesias ni Manalo."
"Is MALIGNING people and MISREPRESETING things the best you can do OldShepherd?" Oh do you mean like you calling me "crazy", "insane", "out of my mind" and saying I'm full of "feces"?

Why do you call blasphemous a church whose NAME (Iglesia Ni CRISTO) is RECORDED in the Bible? Is it because YOUR church's name CANNOT be found in the Bible?
Please show me the words "Iglesias ni Christo" anywhere in the original languages.

By "Iglesias ni Manalo" I mean the false church formed by Felix Manalo in 1922.

When are you going to post the so-called prophecies of your church?

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by OldShepherd
Is MALIGNING people and MISREPRESETING things the best you can do OldShepherd?

Oh do you mean like you calling me "crazy", "insane", "out of my mind" and saying I'm full of "feces"?

Show our readers those posts where I called you these names. If ever I indeed called you these names, show ALSO our readers your posts that prompted me to say these things.. Perhaps what I said were true. In which cse, I was NOT maligning you.

Please show me the words "Iglesias ni Christo" anywhere in the original languages.

Whatever your church is, show me where its name is mentioned in the Bible, the original language notwithstanding.

By "Iglesias ni Manalo" I mean the false church formed by Felix Manalo in 1922.

Whatever you mean by "Iglesias ni Manalo," your statement proves that you are indeed MALIGNING and MISREPRESENTING Bro. Felix Manalo. The name of the church which Bro. Felix Manalo registered with the Philippine government in 1914 (not 1922) is "Iglesia Ni Cristo."

You CANNOT prove that YOUR church is TRUE by MERELY saying that mine is false. You have to do better than that! Prove that YOUR church ABIDES in the doctrine of Christ.

Ed

When are you going to post the so-called prophecies of your church?[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟35,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by edpobre

Whatever you mean by "Iglesias ni Manalo," your statement proves that you are indeed MALIGNING and MISREPRESENTING Bro. Felix Manalo. The name of the church which Bro. Felix Manalo registered with the Philippine government in 1914 (not 1922) is "Iglesia Ni Cristo."
Ed

Iglesia ni Cristo Deceptions

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by gunnysgt
Iglesia ni Cristo Deceptions

"My dear friends,

do not believe all who claim to have the spirit, but test them to find out if the spirit they have comes from God. For many false prophets have gone out everywhere.

This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ CAME as a HUMAN BEING has the Spirit who comes from God. But anyone who DENIES this about Jesus does NOT have the Spirit of God. The spirit that he has is the ENEMY of Christ; you heard that it would come, and now it is here in the world already" (1 John 4:1-3 Today's English Version).

Trinitarians DENY that Jesus Christ CAME as a  HUMAN being. They TEACH that Jesus Christ CAME as God who BECAME a MAN.

Do Trinitarians have the Spirit of God? The Bible says NO! Those who PERSECUTE the Iglesia Ni Cristo are TRINITARIANS. Should you believe them? The Bible says NO!

Ed

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟35,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"My dear friends,

do not believe all who claim to have the spirit, but test them to find out if the spirit they have comes from God. For many false prophets have gone out everywhere.
Ed

Like Jesus, Bro. Felix Manalo TAUGHT that he was SENT by God and BACKED UP his belief by prophecies recorded in the Bible like what Jesus did. Bro. Felix Manalo TAUGHT doctrines from God like what Jesus did.
Ed

because it is in the Philippines where this TRUE "Church of Christ" RE-EMERGED.
As anyone can SEE, these doctrinal statements are NOT mandated by the INC Administration but are MANDATED by God THROUGH the INC Administration.
Ed

Like Jesus, Bro. Felix Manalo TAUGHT that he was SENT by God and BACKED UP his belief by prophecies recorded in the Bible like what Jesus did. Bro. Felix Manalo TAUGHT doctrines from God like what Jesus did.
Ed

As anyone can SEE, these doctrinal statements are NOT mandated by the INC Administration but are MANDATED by God THROUGH the INC Administration.
Ed

The IGLESIA NI CRISTO is the TRUE church of Christ in these last days.
Thus, ONLY members of the IGLESIA NI CRISTO WILL be saved!

That's TRUE! The work of Christ on the cross is NOT sufficient in of itself for salvation
One must ENTER the FOLD or FLOCK in order to be SAVED. That fold or flock is the IGLESIA NI CRISTO, the TRUE church of Christ in these last days.

The IGLESIA NI CRISTO is the TRUE church of Christ in these last days. It has been GIVEN to them to KNOW The mysteries of the kingdom of heaven THROUGH a MESSENGER commissioned by God THROUGH Bible PROPHECIES.
Ed 

Alpha and Omega

The Trinity: The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit

Is the Creedal Doctrine of Trinity Biblical

A brief declaration and vindication of the Trinity

The following links provide information regarding Iglesia ni Cristo, it's founder, their doctrine, who they state Jesus is?, what Salvation is according to their man-made doctrinal beliefs, the control they adminster to it's members, their deceptive practices, and the claims of the founder, Felix Manalo and his belief that he is spoken of in scripture as a messenger of God/The 5th angel.

There is a considerable amount of data that has been gathered on Iglesia ni Cristo, much of it from their own publications and former members.

I believe it is well worth the time reading over the information regarding Iglesia ni Cristo, indeed.

Examine Iglesia ni Cristi

http://members.tripod.com/insiders_inc/

http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/i00.html

http://www.letusreason.org/igleidir.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~janchung/table_of_contents.html

http://members.tripod.com/~janchung/false_messenger.html

http://members.tripod.com/xcrusaders/angeleast.html

http://www.adeptsys.com/chrysalis/Pages/info/iglesia.html

http://www.nossumus.net/iglesyanikristo/lesson11.html

http://www.examineiglesianicristo.com/honesty4.html

http://thebereans.net/qa-realname.shtml

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
"My dear friends,

This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ CAME as a HUMAN BEING has the Spirit who comes from God. But anyone who DENIES this about Jesus does NOT have the Spirit of God. The spirit that he has is the ENEMY of Christ; you heard that it would come, and now it is here in the world already" (1 John 4:1-3 Today's English Version).

Trinitarians DENY that Jesus Christ CAME as a  HUMAN being. They TEACH that Jesus Christ CAME as God who BECAME a MAN.

Really? I'm a "trinitarian", and I believe that Jesus came as a man and as God.

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00

"My dear friends,

This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: <I>anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ CAME as a HUMAN BEING has the Spirit who comes from God.</I> But anyone who DENIES this about Jesus does NOT have the Spirit of God. The spirit that he has is the&nbsp;ENEMY of Christ; you heard that it would come, and now it is here in the world already" (1 John 4:1-3 <I>Today's English Version</I>).

Trinitarians DENY that Jesus Christ CAME as a&nbsp; HUMAN being. They TEACH that Jesus Christ CAME as God who BECAME a MAN.

Do Trinitarians have the Spirit of God? The Bible says NO! Those who PERSECUTE the Iglesia Ni Cristo are TRINITARIANS. Should you believe them? The Bible says NO!

Originally posted by gunnysgt

The following links provide information regarding Iglesia ni Cristo, it's founder, their doctrine, who they state Jesus is?, what Salvation is according to their man-made doctrinal beliefs, the control they adminster to it's members, their deceptive practices, and the claims of the founder, Felix Manalo and his belief that he is spoken of in scripture as a messenger of God/The 5th angel.

There is a considerable amount of data that has been gathered on Iglesia ni Cristo, much of it from their own publications and former members.

I believe it is well worth the time reading over the information regarding Iglesia ni Cristo, indeed.

By all means,&nbsp;&nbsp;I encourage readers to go to these links and evaluate these criticisms against the word of God. Is it true what gunnysgt say that the INC doctrine on SALVATION is man-made?

For starters, why don't you go over to the "Who will NOT be Saved?" thread and evaluate if these doctrines of the INC on SALVATION is man-made or not.

Again, you're reminded that&nbsp;those who PERSECUTE the Iglesia Ni Cristo are TRINITARIANS. They DENY that Christ CAME as a HUMAN BEING. Hence, the Bible says they do NOT have God. Should you believe them? The Bible says NO!
&nbsp;
Ed

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by humblejoe
Really? I'm a "trinitarian", and I believe that Jesus came as a man and as God.

First, your statement is NOT the SAME as what the Bible says:

"This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ CAME as a HUMAN BEING has the Spirit who comes from God. But anyone who DENIES this about Jesus does NOT have the Spirit of God. The spirit that he has is the ENEMY of Christ; toy heard that it would come, and now it is here in the world already" (1 John 4:1-3 Today's English Version).

Second, your belief that "Jesus CAME as a MAN AND as God" is&nbsp;NOT what the Incarnation doctrine teaches.

Third, your belief that "Jesus CAME as a MAN AND as God" is NOT what most Trinitarians I talk to believe in. Now I know that Trinitarians CANNOT even agree on&nbsp;whether Jesus CAME as God "incarnate" or God/man "incarnate."

Ed

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟35,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"My dear friends,

Ed

Ed

Ed

Ed

Ed

The IGLESIA NI CRISTO is the TRUE church of Christ in these last days.
Thus, ONLY members of the IGLESIA NI CRISTO&nbsp;WILL be saved!

That's TRUE! The work of Christ on the cross is NOT sufficient in of itself for salvation
One must ENTER the FOLD or FLOCK in order to be SAVED. That fold or flock is the IGLESIA NI CRISTO, the TRUE church of Christ in these last days.

The IGLESIA NI CRISTO is the&nbsp;TRUE&nbsp;church of Christ in these last days. It has been GIVEN to them to KNOW The mysteries of the kingdom of heaven THROUGH a MESSENGER commissioned by God THROUGH Bible PROPHECIES.
Ed&nbsp;
&nbsp;

Alpha and Omega

The Trinity: The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit

Is the Creedal Doctrine of Trinity Biblical

A brief declaration and vindication of the Trinity

Examine Iglesia ni Cristi

http://members.tripod.com/insiders_inc/

http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/i00.html

http://www.letusreason.org/igleidir.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~janchung/table_of_contents.html

http://members.tripod.com/~janchung/false_messenger.html

http://members.tripod.com/xcrusaders/angeleast.html

http://www.adeptsys.com/chrysalis/Pages/info/iglesia.html

http://www.nossumus.net/iglesyanikristo/lesson11.html

http://www.examineiglesianicristo.com/honesty4.html

http://thebereans.net/qa-realname.shtml

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
First, your statement is NOT the SAME as what the Bible says:
"This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ CAME as a HUMAN BEING has the Spirit who comes from God. But anyone who DENIES this about Jesus does NOT have the Spirit of God. The spirit that he has is the ENEMY of Christ; toy heard that it would come, and now it is here in the world already" (1 John 4:1-3 Today's English Version).

It says, "anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ came as a human being", not "anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ came as a human being [and not as God]".

Second, your belief that "Jesus CAME as a MAN AND as God" is&nbsp;NOT what the Incarnation doctrine teaches.

Support? Sources?

Third, your belief that "Jesus CAME as a MAN AND as God" is NOT what most Trinitarians I talk to believe in. Now I know that Trinitarians CANNOT even agree on&nbsp;whether Jesus CAME as God "incarnate" or God/man "incarnate."

I believe that Jesus is all man and all God. Can't understand that?

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts. - Isaiah 55:9, NASB

and...

Behold, these are the fringes of His ways;
And how faint a word we hear of Him!
But His mighty thunder, who can understand? - Job 26:14, NASB

Now...

-First, don't tell me that how I interpret the Bible is incorrect just because you say so.
-Second, don't tell me what you think I believe.
-Third, don't make generalized statements about what "trinitarians" believe(as if you can speak for every one of them).
-Fourth, don't ever direct all capitalized letters toward me again. That is considered shouting in netiquette, and it is extremely rude.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by humblejoe &nbsp;

It says, "anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ came as a human being", not "anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ came as a human being [and not as God]".

And you THINK you are at liberty to ADD anything you want to the word of God! The Bible says "Jesus CAME as a HUMAN being." A "HUMAN being" is a MAN. MAN was CREATED by God. Therefore, Jesus did NOT come as God! That's elementary humblejoe!

I believe that Jesus is all man and all God. Can't understand that?

Of course I understand what you are saying. You are saying that Jesus CAME as a HUMAN being (creature) and as God (creator) at the SAME time. This is NOT only UNBIBLICAL but ABSURD as well!

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts. - Isaiah 55:9, NASB

and...

Behold, these are the fringes of His ways;
And how faint a word we hear of Him!
But His mighty thunder, who can understand? - Job 26:14, NASB

Jesus CAME as HUMAN being (1 John 4:2).&nbsp; Jesus is a MAN, another word for HUMAN being (John 8:40; Acts 2:22; Acts 17:31; Rom. 5:15; 1 Tim. 2:5).The Father is the ONLY true God (John 17:3; Mal. 2:10; 1 Cor. 8:6; Is. 63:16; Is. 64:8).

Why can't Trinitarians understand? Because God's ways are HIGHER than theirs.

Now...

-First, don't tell me that how I interpret the Bible is incorrect just because you say so.
-Second, don't tell me what you think I believe.
-Third, don't make generalized statements about what "trinitarians" believe(as if you can speak for every one of them).
-Fourth, don't ever direct all capitalized letters toward me again. That is considered shouting in netiquette, and it is extremely rude.

Thank you.

You interpret the Bible INCORRECTLY because YOUR interpretation CONTRADICTS known and accepted TRUTHS recorded in the Bible.

It was YOU who told me what YOU believe. If you want to RETRACT what you have told me, go ahead. I won't laugh at you. But don't accuse me of telling you what I "think" YOU believe.

If&nbsp; YOUR belief that Jesus CAME as HUMAN being AND as God is UNIQUE to YOU alone, just tell me. But the TRUTH remains that YOU, a Trinitarian DIFFERS from mainstream Trinitarians who believe that Jesus is "God Incarnate"&nbsp; meaning&nbsp;Jesus CAME as God who BECAME a MAN.

I use CAPITAL letters to EMPHASIZE what I would like to convey. NOT to shout. If you CAN'T take the heat, GET OUT of the kitchen, so they say!&nbsp; NOBODY is forcing you to read my posts nor reply to them.

Ed

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
If you CAN'T take the heat, GET OUT of the kitchen, so they say!&nbsp; NOBODY is forcing you to read my posts nor reply to them.

Ed

My post was not a showing of weakness on my part.
Was your post a ruse to keep me from responding to your posts?
The pendulum swings both ways, my friend.

And indeed, you really should use netiquette. It's not difficult to understand that all caps indicates yelling, which is rude.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings with my previous post, but I request that you not make assumptions about my beliefs.

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by humblejoe
My post was not a showing of weakness on my part.
Was your post a ruse to keep me from responding to your posts?
The pendulum swings both ways, my friend.

And indeed, you really should use netiquette. It's not difficult to understand that all caps indicates yelling, which is rude.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings with my previous post, but I request that you not make assumptions about my beliefs.

My post is NOT a ruse to keep you from responding to my posts. There is NOTHING I want more than people responding to my posts. I'm sorry if you&nbsp;THINK my using all-CAPS&nbsp;is rude. But that's just my style of writing, NOTHING more.

I NEVER make any ASSUMPTION about YOUR nor anyone else's beliefs.&nbsp; What I said you belive in is what you posted. That ws NOT an assumption.

Ed

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"But that's just my style of writing, NOTHING more."

Ed, that is a form of typing everyone knows. If you put caps on its interpreted as yelling, like the word no is interpreted as a negative answer.

WHATEVER!!!&nbsp; If you are caught in a LIE, cry FOUL! That's what Trinitarians ALWAYS do. I'm used to it by now.

Ed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by jesusbball23
Jesus did limit himself as God into man's form, that is what people who don't believe Jesus as equivalent to God, don't understand.

Jesus is a MAN (John 8:40) and the FATHER is the ONLY true God (John 17:3,1). If you truly BELIEVE Jesus, believe this.

Ed

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by Phoenix
I haven't been on this site for a while Ed .. if it hasn't been covered in this thread could you explain..

through the preaching function of God's LAST messenger.

Exactly why your convinced this man was God's last messenger ?

The Bible teaches that a "fellow-servant and brethren" HAS the testimony of Jesus which is the Spirit of Prophecy (Rev. 19:10). When Jesus started his ministry, he read a prophecy regarding his mission then closed the book (Luke 4:18-20) and said, "Today, this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing" (Luke 4:21).

I asked the same question when I first went to an Iglesia Ni Cristo Bible Exposition and the minister opened the book of Isaiah to a prophecy pointing to Bro. Felix Manalo as the fulfillment of the prophecy which parallels what Jesus did.

I have never in my life as a Baptist encountered any man who could point out a single prophecy about himself. I have read about Ellen White and Joseph Smith, but their credentials consisted of 'visions' or 'dreams' which I know fully well that any IMAGINATIVE man can concoct.

Next, I was told to test whether this man's doctrine is of God just as Jesus had said that his doctrine is not his but God's (John 7:16). A messenger SENT from God is expected to DELIVER messages that come FROM God. Anyone who CLAIMS to be a messenger FROM God but delivers a message that does NOT come from God is an IMPOSTOR, the minister told me.

Ask yourself this question, the minister told me. How can one who is NOT from God DELIVER a message FROM God? Would you allow yourself to be operated on by someone who does NOT have the necessary credentials&nbsp;to do so? If not, why would you trust someone to lead you to salvation when that someone is NOT autrhorized by God to do so?

I challenge anyone who CLAIMS to be a messenger FROM God or is AUTHORIZED by God to DELIVER His messages,&nbsp;to PROVE to me by scripture that he is INDEED authorized by God, like what John the Baptist, apostle Paul, Jesus, Bro.&nbsp;Manalo did,&nbsp;and I'll consider changing religion.

Until then, I'll try my best to help SAVE people by "pulling them out of the fire" (Jude 1:23) by leading them to the TRUE&nbsp; way to salvation.

Ed

&nbsp;

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.