cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
I would write a novel...sort of Perettish...a conspiracy spiritual war fare type novel...I would set historical events and actual historical people in the book...and about the area I live in now...for example...certain local historic characters...such as Sylamo...a Native Am. outlaw who lived on the Sylamore Creek...whom the creek was named after...he and another Native guy...Big Charley...who were said to be outlaws...and who lived by themselves...I would make them descendents of Nephilim in the area...who the other tribes avoided...history reports that Sylamo was murdered....I would make Albert Pike the murderer of Sylamo in the novel..(a known luciferian 33 degree mason...he lived in Arkansas..was a governer of Arkansas and had orgies, etc..and was one of founders of ku klux klan....there is a statue of him in the Scottish rite masonic headquarters in Washington DC!)....as a power struggle over who would be guardian of ....well, I won't get into that...a power struggle...that result in present day " town"...and hidden luciferians. in local area..and heroine christan characters struggling and dealing with stuff!

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I plan on writing one someday called "The diaries of an Imperfect Christian"

I also have been thinking recently of writing down my own thoughts of Scripture. I figure one can never have enough references.
That would be a great title!:thumbsup:

And as I have come to know ya,and your honest heart,and witty style,it would sure be a great book!:)

Good books are written out of a rich soul!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Many years ago, shortly after I graduated college, I was not at all happy with most things Charismatic. In short, I'd been burned and I wasn't going to take it lightly. So, I got my typewriter out (there were no computers in those days) and managed to scribble about 150 pages of an indictment against the movement. Those pages I still have stuffed away in a box somewhere.

It wasn't too surprising to me to discover a few years later books on the shelves of Christian bookstores on the same issues and topics I'd brought out in my own writing. These included toxic faith, the fact that I was more prepared for Charismania than real living, the callous ambition shown by those in authority, the desire to not send well-equipped young men out to form their own ministries due to the fear of losing a tithe base, etc.

I got so immersed in the writing that I grew deeply angry, and so I set it aside, never to pick it up again.

If I wrote a different Christian book, I believe it would be a daily devotional. I began one once. Composing a one page inspirational around a verse isn't that difficult. It just takes time.

Dave

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralangley

Veteran
May 30, 2007
Washington State, USA
✟18,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would write a novel...sort of Perettish...a conspiracy spiritual war fare type novel...I would set historical events and actual historical people in the book...and about the area I live in now...for example...certain local historic characters...such as Sylamo...a Native Am. outlaw who lived on the Sylamore Creek...whom the creek was named after...he and another Native guy...Big Charley...who were said to be outlaws...and who lived by themselves...I would make them descendents of Nephilim in the area...who the other tribes avoided...history reports that Sylamo was murdered....I would make Albert Pike the murderer of Sylamo in the novel..(a known luciferian 33 degree mason...he lived in Arkansas..was a governer of Arkansas and had orgies, etc..and was one of founders of ku klux klan....there is a statue of him in the Scottish rite masonic headquarters in Washington DC!)....as a power struggle over who would be guardian of ....well, I won't get into that...a power struggle...that result in present day " town"...and hidden luciferians. in local area..and heroine christan characters struggling and dealing with stuff!

Wow! I want to encourage you to do this. But don't tell anyone (nothing sucks the life out of writing than talking too much about it).
Peace, my friend.

Upvote 0

he4rty

Just A Fool For Christ
Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
✟21,138.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
The only Idea I've had for a book...........

You have a Marilyn Manson type figure at the start,

Then a large Church who feel called to spend a Month praying for the Lost, each house group focuses on one person, the older teen group choose the above character.

Some of the teens talk about the person and how the prays are going on a Christian chat board (they always say write about what you know).

Anyways, somehow the internet chat gets picked up upon twisted and fans of said star believe he has converted to Christianity so his popularity begins to dwindle.

Said star wonders whats happening and looks into fan base websites and finds root cause and decides to sue the Christian teens.

Court case and big media coverage as star sues Christian for praying for him Etc,

Of course somehow during the case, the star finds the light and gives himself to the lord.

well thats the idea.

Upvote 0

Angel*Eyes

Feb 20, 2005
✟16,572.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Once, I had a vision of a couple of books. I saw the covers of these books in color. I even felt a desire inside to write.

1.Launching out into the Deep
2.The Crucified Life
3.The Sanctified Heart
4.Walking on Water

I talked to my sister one day and she saw some of the same books.

Maybe, God wants us to write books together. I have to pray about it some more to make sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

Amaryllismayfly

I have written one book already. Not good enough to publish, but its practice the Lord is giving me. I hope to write more. My heart is to give the words of God so that people can be healed of their wounds and boundages. My heart is for God's people to feel the safety and love of their Father, and to be able to love him more. My heart is for freedom for all of God's people from the lies, boundages, strongholds and generational curses that cripple his people.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would probably never write a book (about theology) because it would forever paint me into a corner. I could never change my mind (i.e., grow in knowledge) because I would have to eat crow for the rest of my life.

I have often wondered what Hal Lindsey would do if he found out his dispensational approach to the end times was a crock or if God miraculously healed a cessessionist author like (name withheld). It would 100 times more difficult for them to change than you or I because they would have to recant to the thousands who bought their books.

~Jim

If the first step in an argument is wrong everything that follows is wrong.
~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

Reactions: NewSong
Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only Idea I've had for a book...........

You have a Marilyn Manson type figure at the start,

Then a large Church who feel called to spend a Month praying for the Lost, each house group focuses on one person, the older teen group choose the above character.

Some of the teens talk about the person and how the prays are going on a Christian chat board (they always say write about what you know).

Anyways, somehow the internet chat gets picked up upon twisted and fans of said star believe he has converted to Christianity so his popularity begins to dwindle.

Said star wonders whats happening and looks into fan base websites and finds root cause and decides to sue the Christian teens.

Court case and big media coverage as star sues Christian for praying for him Etc,

Of course somehow during the case, the star finds the light and gives himself to the lord.

well thats the idea.

That's a great idea for a book, it's also very plausible in our sue happy culture.

Upvote 0
T

The Weaker Brother

HeartofMary.jpg

I would write a book about her...

Upvote 0

GrapeGirl

Freakin' ray of sunshyne
May 7, 2008
Nacogdoches, TX
✟17,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would probably never write a book (about theology) because it would forever paint me into a corner. I could never change my mind (i.e., grow in knowledge) because I would have to eat crow for the rest of my life.

I have often wondered what Hal Lindsey would do if he found out his dispensational approach to the end times was a crock or if God miraculously healed a cessessionist author like (name withheld). It would 100 times more difficult for them to change than you or I because they would have to recant to the thousands who bought their books.

~Jim

If the first step in an argument is wrong everything that follows is wrong.

~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

You mean people don't want to recant? I always thought of it as a good thing. I mean that means you're learning and moving forward. That's totally a good thing in my mind.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.