California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
One reason is because everyone would understand the truth. Unfortunately I don’t have time to explain. Slavery was to pay back a debt owed and was limited to a maximum of 7 years.

Your version of 'truth' appears suspect, and in question. Your assertion about slavery also only appears true if you are a Jewish male specifically ;) Please carefully re-read all of Exodus 21 in context, along with Leviticus 25:44-46. For good measure, please then also reference Luke 16:17 and Matthew 5:17-18, along with other verses in the NT, which further justify the continuance of slavery, verses instead denouncing such practices.

Furthermore, you failed to address or mention the unjustified reasoning for inequality to women and condemning of homosexuals, as they are dictated within the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your version of 'truth' appears suspect, and in question. Your assertion about slavery also only appears true if you are a Jewish male specifically ;) Please carefully re-read all of Exodus 21 in context, along with Leviticus 25:44-26. For good measure, please then also reference Luke 16:17 and Matthew 5:17-18, along with other verses in the NT, which further justify the continuance of slavery, verses instead denouncing such practices.

Furthermore, you failed to address or mention the unjustified reasoning for inequality to women and condemning of homosexuals, as they are dictated within the Bible.

I was walking out the door to go to work. I’m sorry I didn’t have more time to address these topics in more detail. As for the issues with God’s commandments pertaining to women and homosexuals I don’t know. I don’t really question it. It’s not my place to question God. I am humble and submissive to God. I trust Him and I trust that He knows what is best for me. :)

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Say that, purely hypothetically, you can change the world so that one evil will be removed, but otherwise it will stay the same. So you can choose to remove war, murder, rape, theft, etc.

What would you choose and why?
On the surface, I can think of many. But then I have to ask myself if I should want MY will to be done or THY will to be done. Not an easy thought process to examine in the context of this discussion.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Say that, purely hypothetically, you can change the world so that one evil will be removed, but otherwise it will stay the same. So you can choose to remove war, murder, rape, theft, etc.

Does disease count? I would want to get rid of disease. Everything else, we do to ourselves.

I don't really think of diseases as being "evil" per say but it seems like that would be the biggest hurdle to get around in human progress. Rape, murder, theft, war, starvation... We can solve some of those problems or at least address them over time and by changing minds and hearts. We can't as easily stop or prevent diabetes, heart disease or cancer from being the biggest killers on the planet.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

People...cuz I'd get all the evil in one fell swoop.

I win.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good points. Becoming a hermit having no contact with the outside world could be considered extreme but it would not cause any harm to anyone else.

Some would consider preppers’ extreme but a few of them are not religious and when is being prepared for emergencies bad?

I will clarify, religious extremism that crosses in the realm of physically or advocating causing harm; physical, emotional, or psychological, to another person or group of people.

I'd call it...

The belief that one can not only know god's will, but does know it, and is chosen to carry it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist

Envy. Because as much as it can be a goad for change, so can other emotions take it's place, like desire, so that the problems that arise with envy can be reduced.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So a sinner, (that of which also included wickedness), whom believes in God/Yahweh, is not and does not perform 'wickedness'?
A sinner who becomes aware or his separation of God and accept Jesus Christ as his savior, to bring him from darkness to light, becomes a son of God who is learning the ways if righteousness; he is being sanctified. Its that awareness of our need of a Savior that makes us grow closer to God; we become aware that we can’t be saints on our own.

Sons and daughters become like students who are learning the Kingdom Way from God, it is a process of growing in the Spirit. We do commit acts of wickedness with the difference that when we do unrighteous things, we can come to the Father for guidance and healing.

A person who is separated from God doesn’t come to Him to make things right and to learn to do things right and “sin no more”.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

What are most people guilty of, even so-called 'good' church goers, and business men, and women, and (I guess older children (some young children also) ),

.... greed/ love of money.

Remove love of money (raise up a child in the way they should go), and

the "root of all evil" is gone....

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Homelessness
Being homeless is not evil. It is a result of evil (immense evil).

Yahweh (God) Provided Generously, so no person 'should' be homeless nor hungry, but so many men (and governments and businesses) are greedy, rebellious against truth and oppressive of the poor in so many ways,

billions of people suffer for it....

Reactions: Sinner90_
Upvote 0

Rebecca12

Nov 23, 2013
✟30,996.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The only answers that bother me are the ones that seek to make us all the same and that view people as extraordinarily submissive and worthless. Everyone follows Jesus. Everyone is obedient. No one separated from God. Everyone understanding their evil nature. One person looks like they would do chose to end no evil at at all as they didn't want to impose their will on God.

Upvote 0