Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unbelief in Jesus, so more people would be open to receiving Him. (Not unbelief in His existence, but unbelief that He can help them.)

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Say that, purely hypothetically, you can change the world so that one evil will be removed, but otherwise it will stay the same. So you can choose to remove war, murder, rape, theft, etc.

What would you choose and why?
Obviously all sin should be removed, but I think envy is what ails the world the most. All those who feel they are entitled to something that is not theirs and is often the cause of "war, murder, rape, theft, etc."

“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.” ~ Exodus 20:17

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Say that, purely hypothetically, you can change the world so that one evil will be removed, but otherwise it will stay the same. So you can choose to remove war, murder, rape, theft, etc.

You mention rape, which is a horrible enough act on its own. Rape being sexual intercourse with a woman against her will. But if we look at rape and contrast it to consensual sexual relations, we find that consensual sex does far more harm to society than non-consensual sexual relations. Millions dead from AIDS, even more millions infected with other sexually transmitted diseases, generations of children without fathers, greater than 50 million abortions in the United States alone, courts brought to a standstill resolving child support cases, the list of harms go on and on.

If I could remove one evil from the world it would be the evil of illicit sexual relations. Even though they are consensual.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Separation from God’s Spirit. That’s what causes all the wickedness anyway.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Pride

It seems to be the root of almost all other evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pride.

From the beginning, sin has been rooted in pride, the very genesis of all sin. It's the very root of rebellion against God and "self-will", which is akin to "self-worship".

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Separation from God’s Spirit. That’s what causes all the wickedness anyway.

Answers like this seem almost like you're trying to cheat the question, by naming one overarching thing that would stop all evils, when my point with this thread is that you have to allow some evils to remain and prioritize which one you would get rid of.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Disbelief in Jesus Christ. The world would be a much better place :)

• Winner
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

'Evil' is a word with strong religious overtones suggesting the sense of a supernatural force (eg. Satan). As an atheist it's a loaded word I don't use.

If I were to choose the thing which is most harmful to society it would be ignorance.

There's a lot of it around.
OB

• Agree
Reactions: cvanwey
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'Evil' is a word with strong religious overtones suggesting the sense of a supernatural force (eg. Satan). As an atheist it's a loaded word I don't use.

If I were to choose the thing which is most harmful to society it would be ignorance.

OB

If ignorance was eliminated everyone would know absolutely everything. Oh and you would’nt be atheist:)

• Haha
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
If ignorance was eliminated everyone would know absolutely everything. Oh and you would’nt be atheist:)

Like I said:
OB

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Answers like this seem almost like you're trying to cheat the question, by naming one overarching thing that would stop all evils, when my point with this thread is that you have to allow some evils to remain and prioritize which one you would get rid of.
Disobedience, that’s what caused the separation

Upvote 0