Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Give your scripture that supports this.

Because scripture supports eternal salvation unless your pushing works
I have referred to several here are the ones I currently have time for...Philippians 1:6; Philippians 2:12; Philippians 1:5; Hebrews 1:14;

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have referred to several here are the ones I currently have time for...Philippians 1:6; Philippians 2:12; Philippians 1:5; Hebrews 1:14;
Ok.

Phil 1:6 is about God continuing to perfect us.

How does that prove salvation is ongoing?

I never said we are perfect. I said we are saved.

Phil 1:5 must be a mis print by you as it is talking about fellowship among Christians and spreading the gospel.

Not sure why you would reference that, nothing to do with salvation.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok.

Phil 1:6 is about God continuing to perfect us.
yep, a working of salvation
How does that prove salvation is ongoing?
He cannot perfect us without our yielding ourselves to Him with is what happens when we believe unto salvation, thus a working in our lives by the living God which is part of our salvation.
I never said we are perfect. I said we are saved.

Phil 1:5 must be a mis print by you as it is talking about fellowship among Christians and spreading the gospel.

Not sure why you would reference that, nothing to do with salvation.
what about Hebrews 1:14 I noticed you didn't say anything about that passage and how inheritance is salvation...why not? As to the Philippians 1:5 passage it talks about being partners with Christ...a partner is a relationship as is fellowship which your translation says. We can also go into the passages about being united with Christ which is an ongoing thing that starts at the moment of belief unto salvation and continues on.

It always bothers me when people pick and choose passages presented to show something that they can dismiss while leaving the other passages and the totality of scripture out of the discussion. It also bothers me when someone makes a claim but refuses to provide their scriptural support while demanding that I present mine for the 3 or fourth time.

Now this whole thing began when you challenged my understanding of salvation being a change of relationship from enemy of God to child of God and yet you have not shown a single reason in scripture why I should dismiss that understanding...should I post scriptures that show that once we were enemies and now we are children?

Upvote 0