What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I think of the late 1800's in the Western US, seemed like life was still simple then, but had enough advances to where everyday life wasnt just trying to survive.
Would this have been you soccerdad? :D

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well, I've always been old fashioned, kinda out of place in this time period! I'd love to go bad to about 1860, to the beginning of the second bustle period, just ending the Edwardian period and beginning into Victorian fashion.
I'd love to be a stay at home mom myself, and I think that things such as handy crafts and gardening are flattering occupations for women!
Is this you Braticus? :D

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I would LOVE to live inthe days of Little House on the Prairie! I love that time period....no such thing as laziness or obesity, and everyone was so close to each other....the fathers/males worked and kept up the ranch and brough home the food and money and the wives/females did the cooking and cleaning and i dont know maybe its justme but i would love to be a stay at home mom when i have a family of my own someday....
And of course...here is Pink Angel's Little House on the Prairie family! :D

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rome...hmmm they had some awesome fashion for women back then.

WAIT...can I go back to Sprata aka 300 so I can look at Gerrad Butler??

I had a harder time finding an ancient Rome picture...but maybe you would dress something like this Karrie :D

stola-palla-2.gif

Upvote 0

alfrodull

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
✟11,571.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've been obsessed by early nineteenth-century England lately. But I wouldn't really want to be a woman back then. Can I have a sex change and then go back? Or can I make a pit stop to gentically engineer myself to be male?

If not, I'd go to the future and live in a climate-controlled giant dome with no dirt or allergens, and have my brain directly hooked up to the ultra-highspeed dome-wide wireless internet.

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've been obsessed by early nineteenth-century England lately. But I wouldn't really want to be a woman back then. Can I have a sex change and then go back? Or can I make a pit stop to gentically engineer myself to be male?

If not, I'd go to the future and live in a climate-controlled giant dome with no dirt or allergens, and have my brain directly hooked up to the ultra-highspeed dome-wide wireless internet.
Hmmmm....if you went to the future would you live in a community sort of like this one:

And if you went to the past you might look like this:

Upvote 0

Pink Angel

Sep 22, 2003
Arlington, Texas
Visit site
✟8,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And of course...here is Pink Angel's Little House on the Prairie family! :D

haha its funny you mention that, bc one of the actresses on there that plays one of the little girls...her name is Melissa Sue, and my dad liked that name so much he named my sister that...so that truely is my family...kinda

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I was born in 1977. I was the perfect age to play video games and learn personal computers from when I was 3 on. I'm one of the world's best video game players. I also program extremely well. I was meant for the digital age. Finally I couldn't send out the Good News of Jesus very well without the internet.

Upvote 0

Braticus

Mrs. Marbzz
Nov 30, 2006
Canada
✟13,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Not all Pharoah's wives were his sisters.

And it's really the time period that I love, not the relationship part. I just think the Egyptian queens were beautiful and powerful.
They were also extremely wicked women! :p But she is a gorgeuos women, I don't know many women that wouldn't wanna look hot like that! ;) Although I prefer to cover my body, hense the time period that I picked!

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would be an Egyptian queen. The wife of a Pharoah.

Wouldn't that also be his sister? Didn't the Pharoah's marry their sisters at that time? Which is why Tutancommon died at like 16.

Karrie: You don't want to live in Sparta for 3 reasons.

1. In order to claim a wife, a man would often grab and rape a woman. After completing the deed, she was his wife.

2. You would lose your son to a 13 year bootcamp at age 7. That is if he wasn't declared too weak as a child to be worth raising.

3. Maybe you would like this but it was activly encouraged for men and women to sleep around to mix the gene pool. . .

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wouldn't that also be his sister? Didn't the Pharoah's marry their sisters at that time? Which is why Tutancommon died at like 16.

Actually King Tutankhamen died when he was 18, and the latest MRI images show a broken leg and a blow to the back of the head right around the time of his death. The leg wound also shows infection, so he possibly died of infection from that break. He did not die because he was married to his sister.

And King Tutankhamen's first wife Ankhesenamen is thought to be his half sister. Same dad, different mom, but the actual parentage is unclear.

And Kirk, if you would read above, in post #33, I stated, "And it's really the time period that I love, not the relationship part. I just think the Egyptian queens were beautiful and powerful."

Upvote 0