if you buy a new book, what do you choose to do with it after you're done reading it?

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
do you store it on a shelf?

leave it in a little library outside a house?

give it away to a charity to resell?

tell us some of your fav used book sharing:yellowheart:
If I liked the book, I'd just loan it to someone and request them to return it hope. If I had multiple copies I'd give them away to a thrift store or used book store. I left my entire Oswald Chambers's compilation (My Utmost for His Highest, Not Knowing Where, Bringing sons into glory, to name a few) to my friends. I have a digital edition of My Utmost for His Highest (www.utmost.org) . Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
mine haven driven me nuts...piles and piles all over the place!

a few times have you gone bonkers and taken them by the bag full to donation?

I know I have!
Well, I did get rid of hundreds at one stage. A lot are Bible related books that I don't want to get rid of, though.

Books do gather a lot of dust! and a lot of ppl sneeze when they are around books on shelves; though maybe it doesn't bother me as much as it should (in that respect I suppose I'm at least an honorary septum piercing wearer: attracting the dust doesn't really bother me...lol )

Frankly I can't imagine life without books...

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love this question!

After I have read it, I usually just store it somewhere, maybe in one of my old grubby backpacks or on a shelf. But I always go back to all of my books to read them again, usually every couple of years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
^but they might have buried treasures!

Hahaha, I remember now!

I went to Italy one summer where I stayed in a village, very dry, hot weather with plenty of insects. Once I arrived, I took most of my belongings out of the backpack except for something edible and sweet, I cannot quite remember. I think it was a banana. Anyway, as you could imagine after travelling, I was tired, so I slept peacefully through the night without a thought. But before hand, I took precautions with this repellant spray that kills all insects, I hate mosquitos! So I sprayed that stuff around the room.

So I woke up in the morning rather late and my family were up and raring to go! Apparently, we were heading out for the day. So I got changed, cleaned myself and as I was about to pick up my backpack and leave I saw the horrid site as what was once my backpack. There were trails of ants between the tiles, and my backpack was covered in ants although it was rather difficult to see as it was dark navy in colour. Inside there were ants everywhere, at least a hundred. I panicked. So I quickly snatched the 'killer spray' and started spraying everything! I did kill all of the ants in the end, but I did not think about all of those corpses! To this day I still believe that there still has to be one ant stuck in there between the crevices of my bag.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
With me they seem to accumulate on the shelf! :) (And not only on the shelf!)

same here,I have so many books and magazines that they are all over the house it seems like.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hahaha, I remember now!

I went to Italy one summer where I stayed in a village, very dry, hot weather with plenty of insects. Once I arrived, I took most of my belongings out of the backpack except for something edible and sweet, I cannot quite remember. I think it was a banana. Anyway, as you could imagine after travelling, I was tired, so I slept peacefully through the night without a thought. But before hand, I took precautions with this repellant spray that kills all insects, I hate mosquitos! So I sprayed that stuff around the room.

So I woke up in the morning rather late and my family were up and raring to go! Apparently, we were heading out for the day. So I got changed, cleaned myself and as I was about to pick up my backpack and leave I saw the horrid site as what was once my backpack. There were trails of ants between the tiles, and my backpack was covered in ants although it was rather difficult to see as it was dark navy in colour. Inside there were ants everywhere, at least a hundred. I panicked. So I quickly snatched the 'killer spray' and started spraying everything! I did kill all of the ants in the end, but I did not think about all of those corpses! To this day I still believe that there still has to be one ant stuck in there between the crevices of my bag.
What I don't like is going to a used bookstore and finding interesting books to buy but having to leave without buying, because the books are too dirty or moldy or damp, or whatever...

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would first ask my local library if theres a need for my books, if not then I give it to charity.
I think if we look hard enough there are likely to be places that can use books. (Whether in North America, or beyond; I think there are groups that send them to developing countries as well, where they often want to learn English.)

• Agree
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0