Dallas
✟889,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Doh! My brain was thinking New Mexico but my fingers typed Arizona. My apologies for the confusion.

New Mexico locked things down tight. There are still lockdowns in place, schools are largely closed, while Texas had a much higher percentage of businesses open and far more in-person schooling. Yet they saw pretty much the same results. No infection was "slowed" by these measures.

So how about the graph I posted for Arkansas and Oklahoma? They followed pretty much the same curve throughout the entire pandemic almost down to the number. Yet one had a mask mandate and one did not. Why do you suppose that is if masks allegedly slow the spread?

Because people in Oklahoma still wore masks because of local law mandates. Just like here in Texas the state doesn’t require us to wear masks but our county does.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you sneeze a loogie out into the air, chances are it's going to fall to the ground. And even if your phlegm wad lands on a surface, I'm certainly not going to touch it.

What about in a grocery or department store? A piece of phlegm can easily fly 10 feet or more. Remember we’re talking about wearing masks indoors not outdoors.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because people in Oklahoma still wore masks because of local law mandates. Just like here in Texas the state doesn’t require us to wear masks but our county does.
Assumptions.

This is one reason people love masks so much.
Cases high? No mask mandate!
Cases high with mask mandate? People are not complying with the mask mandate!
Cases low? Mask mandate is working!
Cases low with no mask mandate? People are choosing to wear masks anyway!

Masks are literally the answer for everything, no proof required.

Compliance.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Direct Driver
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about in a grocery or department store? A piece of phlegm can easily fly 10 feet or more. Remember we’re talking about wearing masks indoors not outdoors.
I can honestly and sincerely say that I am not now, nor have I ever been, even slightly concerned about inhaling airborne phlegm.

Also, I don't know if you're old enough to remember before all the COVID and masking hysteria, but the prevailing wisdom was to cover your cough or sneeze. You could use a tissue, or you could sneeze into your elbow or shoulder. Doing that prevented the phlegm from flying about willy-nilly just fine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Direct Driver
Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. My dad is 82 years old and a diabetic. He had COVID (they think... he had one negative and one positive test) back in December, and was hospitalized due to weakness and dehydration for 2 days. At first they said there was NO WAY he had COVID, because he had no respiratory symptoms and his lung x-ray was perfectly clear. Then they backtracked and said that there was NO DOUBT he had COVID because... well, they really didn't give a reason. It really was eye-opening going through that process. Thankfully, he is doing just fine today.

Just a few days before my dad became ill, I spent well over an hour in close contact with my dad at my parent's house. None of us had masks on. We talked, laughed and did generally everything the "experts" said we should not do. I never got sick. Neither did my sister, who also spent a lengthy amount of un-masked time with my infected dad.

Moreover, my 75 year old mother spent well over a week caring for him at home, sleeping in the same bed, sharing the same airspace with him 24/7, neither one of them ever once wore a mask... and SHE never got sick. The doctors said we should all just be thankful that we were "lucky" and we should all assume we were infected but were asymptomatic. This was truly an "assumption" because no testing nor clinical diagnosis of any kind was made.

So this only heightens my skepticism. I don't question that COVID is a real thing. But the PCR tests and the sensitivity of those tests I believe has led to a vast over-counting of cases, and the murkiness of death reporting makes me wonder how many WITH COVID deaths there are vs. FROM COVID.
My 39 year old daughter and her husband both had Rona. They had mild flu symptoms for three days and lost their sense of taste for about a week. That was it. My friend's 95 year old father with senility who lives in a retirement home also was diagnosed with it, but he never showed any real symptoms.

BTW, if your father was diagnosed with Rona, the care provider got more government money. Rona cases pay the care provider very well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

isaiah4318

Jan 29, 2015
✟15,348.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
piece of phlegm can easily fly 10 feet or more.
If that's the case, why is there a 6 foot rule? You are breaking logic that supports your assertion.
Not 5'11" or 5'10" , only 6' is good enough for SD.

And you are in Texas? I would be more worried about the thousands with covid coming across the border and filling up the hospitals down there instead of masks.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If that's the case, why is there a 6 foot rule? You are breaking logic that supports your assertion.

Actually, the WHO only recommends 1 meter for social distancing, which is 3.2 feet. There never was any science for the arbitrary 6-foot recommendation, but I guess that's par for the course during this pandemic.

• Agree
Reactions: isaiah4318
Upvote 0

isaiah4318

Jan 29, 2015
✟15,348.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
but I guess that's par for the course during this pandemic.
I would say "scamdemic" as 30-40 thousand deaths exclusively from covid is merely a flu season.
If there is anything to be thankful for from this tragedy is that it primarily affects those at the end of their lives moreover than the ones at the beginning of theirs.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can honestly and sincerely say that I am not now, nor have I ever been, even slightly concerned about inhaling airborne phlegm.

Also, I don't know if you're old enough to remember before all the COVID and masking hysteria, but the prevailing wisdom was to cover your cough or sneeze. You could use a tissue, or you could sneeze into your elbow or shoulder. Doing that prevented the phlegm from flying about willy-nilly just fine.

Wait a minute so what your saying is that if you cover your cough it will prevent phlegm from flying out of your mouth and contaminating a surface? Because that’s exactly what masks do.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Assumptions.

This is one reason people love masks so much.
Cases high? No mask mandate!
Cases high with mask mandate? People are not complying with the mask mandate!
Cases low? Mask mandate is working!
Cases low with no mask mandate? People are choosing to wear masks anyway!

Masks are literally the answer for everything, no proof required.

View attachment 296043
Sounds like how every weather phenomenon is the result of global warming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

And you are in Texas? I would be more worried about the thousands with covid coming across the border and filling up the hospitals down there instead of masks.

Wow, maybe that’s why they implement the mask rule and the 6 foot rule together.

And what should I do about these infected people coming into Texas?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the WHO only recommends 1 meter for social distancing, which is 3.2 feet. There never was any science for the arbitrary 6-foot recommendation, but I guess that's par for the course during this pandemic.

Its an added safety precaution. Kind of like pressurized tank ratings are typically only half of what they can actually withstand. You’ll see this on anything that has a weight rating as well. It’s really not hard to see why these measures are implemented if you just try to think about it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Its an added safety precaution. Kind of like pressurized tank ratings are typically only half of what they can actually withstand. You’ll see this on anything that has a weight rating as well. It’s really not hard to see why these measures are implemented if you just try to think about it.
Why not four masks and twenty feet? Common sense says that would be better.

Upvote 0

isaiah4318

Jan 29, 2015
✟15,348.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
your saying is that if you cover your cough it will prevent phlegm from flying out of your mouth and contaminating a surface? Because that’s exactly what masks do.

You meant "you're" I think.
And you're equating cross-contaminated , re-used masks with a fresh, clean kleenex. That's a fail.
And your "contaminated surface" spread has already been debunked by the W.H.O.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.