If there was no death (of animals) before the Fall, then why would animals need to eat?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just like ”wine” really is grape juice right?
Right.
VirOptimus said:
Very literal.
Categorical, actually.

For example, a "stone" could be a pebble, a stone, a rock, or a boulder.

Wine could be either fermented or unfermented, but always starts out as grape juice.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They're not "going after" a literal interpretation of the Bible, they just don't care about it unless they get their noses rubbed in it.
It's our job to "rub your noses in it," as you put it.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no such thing as natural alcohol-free grape juice. Wine is nothing but fermented grape juice and the fermentation process begins as soon as the fruit is so much as bruised. If you want to make alcohol-free grape juice you have to remove the alcohol naturally present and pasteurize or refrigerate the result. Nobody in biblical times did that.
In that case, all fruits contain alcohol.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Right.Categorical, actually.

For example, a "stone" could be a pebble, a stone, a rock, or a boulder.

Wine could be either fermented or unfermented, but always starts out as grape juice.
No, wine is fermented.

Grape juice is something else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's our job to "rub your noses in it," as you put it.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
So stop demanding that people believe in the literal inerrancy of Genesis and start evangelizing them--as Jesus commanded us.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VirOptimus
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No, thats not how it works.
It is to a certain extent. A friend of mine once cut up some peaches and put them in a bowl on the counter as an after-school snack for her kids. By the time the kids came home the peaches were fizzy and the kids really liked them. :)

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is to a certain extent. A friend of mine once cut up some peaches and put them in a bowl on the counter as an after-school snack for her kids. By the time the kids came home the peaches were fizzy and the kids really liked them. :)
True!

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You didn't answer my question.
I think he did, there is a large difference between adults arguing from a basis of evidence and people belittling children because they do not agree with them

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
In that case, all fruits contain alcohol.
Yes the processes that convert sugars to alcohol are pretty much everywhere, this is one of the problems with trying to take a literalistic interpretation of scripture versus a realistic one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think he did, there is a large difference between adults arguing from a basis of evidence and people belittling children because they do not agree with them
I asked what goes through his mind, when he sees adults bullying us as to what we believe.

No children involved.

He felt bullied by adults as a child ... now he's out observing adults bullying adults and apparently doesn't want to tell me what goes through his mind.

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I asked what goes through his mind, when he sees adults bullying us as to what we believe.

No children involved.

He felt bullied by adults as a child ... now he's out observing adults bullying adults and apparently doesn't want to tell me what goes through his mind.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

No children involved.

You persecution complex is noted.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes the processes that convert sugars to alcohol are pretty much everywhere, this is one of the problems with trying to take a literalistic interpretation of scripture versus a realistic one.
Show me the term "grape juice" in the Bible.

Again, it's like using the term "stone" for pebble, stone, rock, or boulder.

Back then, all grape juice was wine; but not all wine was grape juice, it just started out as grape juice.

Until scientists got their fingers in it and confused themselves by splitting them up into two different kinds of drinks.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Show me the term "grape juice" in the Bible.

Again, it's like using the term "stone" for pebble, stone, rock, or boulder.

Back then, all grape juice was wine; but not all wine was grape juice, it just started out as grape juice.
Nope, thats you adding to the text. Its wine, thats literal.

Upvote 0