If Theistic Evolution, how long did day 7 last?

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,
(since I can't answer posts in the section where non-believers are allowed to post)...
a little challenge to everyone believing in the so-called theistic evolution, which I believe is untrue.
Ok?
So if day 1 to day 6 is said to have lasted many millions of years each, how long is day 7 - which is God's rest - following this line of thought?

On one occasion, I've heard a reply in the sense that it simply lasted shorter than the other days... is this how you think?
So why would God's word the Bible choose "day" for a long time span at the beginning of chapter and just a few verses later, "day" describes a rather short period of time? And who is supposed to understand God jumping from one meaning to another in the same chapter?

Someone else said he believed that God still is resting as of today. However, he's worked hard in the mean time initiating the flood, for instance.

I'm curious to learn what you think on this one.

Regards,
Thomas
How long did any day last in a universe increasing in acceleration when God “stretched out the heavens”?

If science continues to ignore the one and only science we have that deals with changes to time in a universe increasing in acceleration the age of the earth will continue to be vastly overestimated.

Take a pipe with a decreasing rate of flow over time. Then look at the level of the water in the pool (parent/daughter ratios). If one then used a constant rate to calculate backwards one would arrive at the incorrect conclusion of the length of time it took the water to reach its current level. It would be vastly overestimated for not accounting for an increased rate the further back one calculated.

This is why astronomers are constantly surprised to find fully formed galaxies and galaxy clusters where none should exist. These processes occurred faster in the past. So instead of an express prediction they become anomalies and falsifications because they don’t apply Relativity. They only give lip service to it then totally ignore its consequences.....

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A "day" of God is measured in events, or new entire ages or era's marked by pivotal changes in events, etc, and these do not have to be the exact same amount of time, but are probably a really long time, etc.

Day 7 has not even started yet as we are still in day 6 ever since land animals/mammals, etc, and day 7 will start as soon as day 6 ends, etc, marked by a pivotal change in events, etc, like Jesus' coming back and setting up God's kingdom on earth, that day/age/era will last until the end of this whole entire Creation after that, etc, but during that last day, and before that that I just mentioned happens, etc, it will be a day of God the Father's rest, because God the Son will be ruling and reigning and be in charge during that last Creation day/age/era, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A "day" of God is measured in events, or new entire ages or era's marked by pivotal changes in events, etc, and these do not have to be the exact same amount of time, but are probably a really long time, etc.

Day 7 has not even started yet as we are still in day 6 ever since land animals/mammals, etc, and day 7 will start as soon as day 6 ends, etc, marked by a pivotal change in events, etc, like Jesus' coming back and setting up God's kingdom on earth, that day/age/era will last until the end of this whole entire Creation after that, etc, but during that last day, and before that that I just mentioned happens, etc, it will be a day of God the Father's rest, because God the Son will be ruling and reigning and be in charge during that last Creation day/age/era, etc...

God Bless!

Hebrews 4 indicates we enter into His Sabbath rest through obedience.

This is spoken of as a 'now' thing not some future state.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Have you entered into his rest yet? Know other people who have as of right now, etc? If so, what does that look like? Describe it and define it for us please, etc?

There is a rest man can enter into now, in that it is possible even right now, etc, but there is also the day in which God the Father Himself rests, because Jesus takes over for that day, until the end of that day, etc, and that day/age/era is still as of now still in the future, etc, and is the seventh day of God the Fathers rest, etc, until the very final judgment/resurrection after that, "etc, etc, etc", "so on and so forth, etc", and you'll forgive me if I've already said all of this before, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Oh, and, also, etc, if it is not an obedience that only God graces you with, etc, then it does not ever get you anything, let alone ever cause you to ever into His rest, etc.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh, and, also, etc, if it is not an obedience that only God graces you with, etc, then it does not ever get you anything, let alone ever cause you to ever into His rest, etc.

God Bless!
For there is truly no other true kind, etc, but only a very strong delusion/deception/illusion, etc.

And that latter kind gets you absolutely nothing, etc.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you entered into his rest yet? Know other people who have as of right now, etc? If so, what does that look like? Describe it and define it for us please, etc?

I thought this would be pretty fundamental - consider the scripture "the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We choose either the wages or the gift...

Choosing the wages means we will be in stress and effort, doing what seems good to us, but never deeply satisfied.

Choosing the gift means that we embark on appointed tasks, accomplished by His empowerment but we (although active for Him) will be in a state of deep rest in our souls.

Thus we enter His promised rest and cease to work for ourselves with our own choosing and strength.

Understanding this means that every day is a sabbath because we are at rest in Him.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was talking about light comparable to the one in Revelation 21:23 making the sun redundant.
This kind of light is just as absurd as a morning. That one was created as the next item after the light in Geneis 1:3 and both are created without a sun available.
As you may have the last word - I stick to my interpretation about the purported absurdity of them both.

Fortunately, such an error is not going to cost you your salvation. He doesn't care if you get Genesis 1 right or not, so long as you accept Him and do what He asks of you.

Theology will not save you. A heart open to God and your fellow man, that saves you.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How long did any day last in a universe increasing in acceleration when God “stretched out the heavens”?

If science continues to ignore the one and only science we have that deals with changes to time in a universe increasing in acceleration the age of the earth will continue to be vastly overestimated.

Couldn't agree more...

It is fascinating if you graph the ages of the patriarchs the curve is like a growth curve...

Science has made the rate of time sacrosanct...

This will always give us a false impression of age.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I thought this would be pretty fundamental - consider the scripture "the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We choose either the wages or the gift...

Choosing the wages means we will be in stress and effort, doing what seems good to us, but never deeply satisfied.

Choosing the gift means that we embark on appointed tasks, accomplished by His empowerment but we (although active for Him) will be in a state of deep rest in our souls.

Thus we enter His promised rest and cease to work for ourselves with our own choosing and strength.

Understanding this means that every day is a sabbath because we are at rest in Him.
I completely agree with you, about man's Sabbath day rest, that he can enter into now, if he so chooses, etc, but what does this have to do with God the Father's seventh day rest?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I completely agree with you, about man's Sabbath day rest, that he can enter into now, if he so chooses, etc, but what does this have to do with God the Father's seventh day rest?

God Bless!

Everything - according to Hebrews that is what we enter into... His Rest

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Look, I know I said the Father's rest, but what I meant was God in and of the OT, God the Spirit's rest, etc, being after Christ's return and taking over for Him, etc, because that One has not been able to rest yet, but God the Father has been resting from the very beginning, or after everything was thought of, or conceived or made, etc, but I didn't want to have to try and explain that difference/detail in great detail right now, etc, because God the Spirit, or God in the OT is "a Father", to us, that is "of us", is "kin to us", etc, but is not "the Highest Father" (God), etc, not the same One Jesus was calling the "Father God", especially "in Heaven", or "in the Heavens", most of the time anyway, etc...

So, technically, yes, we enter into the Father's rest, etc, but God the Spirit, or God in and of the OT, who is "a Father" to us, of us, etc, has not been able to rest yet, and has not had His "seventh day" yet, etc, because that begins when Jesus comes back from where the Father, the highest Father, always is and was, etc, God the Spirit is still here on earth with us as He always was, etc, and has not had His rest yet, but has a/the/his day of rest when Jesus comes back, etc...

The seventh day of this creations age that has not started or begun yet, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
OK, I'll expand on Hebrews 4 for you OK, I'm going to take just a few parts of it, K...?

Hebrews 4:3- "For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."

Notice it says "the works or work was finished from before the foundation of the world", etc, not "his" works, or the works of the One who said (in the OT) (when He or that One was still working BTW, etc) (which was after the founding of the world, etc) Anyway, not the same One that said (in the OT) "if they shall enter into my rest", or to or of certain ones that "they shall not enter into or see (the future coming day of) my or that One's rest", etc, anyway, not that One in and of the OT, etc, but God the Father's rest, that started when the world began, or form "before the world was founded for that One", etc, for these are "two separate ones", or "two separate beings and two separate rests", etc... One is the Father, and One is God the Spirit...

Then Hebrews 4:4- "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did (does, will) rest (on) the seventh day from all his works." (or One has already, and One has not yet, etc)...

(But the One who has been resting "the whole time" and from "before the world was made", etc, or "whose works were finished from before the foundations of the world", etc, is God the Father, and not God the Spirit yet, etc, although that day is coming, etc)... (Hebrews 4:3)...

Hebrews 4:7-9- "Again, he limiteth (points out) a certain day (a future coming day) (the seventh day) (which is still yet in the future, etc), saying in David, Today, after so long a time; as it is said, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. (Jesus would not have spoken of a future day of rest, etc) (If there was not one coming or yet to come yet, etc) Therefore there remaineth therefore a (future day of) rest to or for the people of God."

Do you see it yet or now, etc...?

Anyway...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
OK, I'll expand on Hebrews 4 for you OK, I'm going to take just a few parts of it, K...?

Hebrews 4:3- "For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."

Notice it says "the works or work was finished from before the foundation of the world", etc, not "his" works, or the works of the One who said (in the OT) (when He or that One was still working BTW, etc) (which was after the founding of the world, etc) Anyway, not the same One that said (in the OT) "if they shall enter into my rest", or to or of certain ones that "they shall not enter into or see (the future coming day of) my or that One's rest", etc, anyway, not that One in and of the OT, etc, but God the Father's rest, that started when the world began, or form "before the world was founded for that One", etc, for these are "two separate ones", or "two separate beings and two separate rests", etc... One is the Father, and One is God the Spirit...

Then Hebrews 4:4- "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did (does, will) rest (on) the seventh day from all his works." (or One has already, and One has not yet, etc)...

(But the One who has been resting "the whole time" and from "before the world was made", etc, or "whose works were finished from before the foundations of the world", etc, is God the Father, and not God the Spirit yet, etc, although that day is coming, etc)... (Hebrews 4:3)...

Hebrews 4:7-9- "Again, he limiteth (points out) a certain day (a future coming day) (the seventh day) (which is still yet in the future, etc), saying in David, Today, after so long a time; as it is said, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. (Jesus would not have spoken of a future day of rest, etc) (If there was not one coming or yet to come yet, etc) Therefore there remaineth therefore a (future day of) rest to or for the people of God."

Do you see it yet or now, etc...?

Anyway...

God Bless!
But let us all do our best to enter into God the Father's rest now, etc, and then enter into the/that future day of literal rest that is the day of rest of God the Spirit, or is the literal age of Jesus Christ's setting up his literal rule and reign (a Kingdom of God) on earth until this entire creation age quite literally ends on this earth, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your ideas on this.

For me God is outside of time and for that reason the invitation to enter His rest is not subject to some chronological event in time, rather any day is good to accept His works for us in Christ through the Cross (also an a-chronological event) enter His rest and the invitation is always open.

Those who accept the fulfilment of the Law on the Cross, are freed from it's curse and enter His eternal Sabbath.

I really appreciate the invitation to cease striving and remain in His rest regardless of what life throws at me.

God the Spirit, or God in the OT is "a Father", to us, that is "of us", is "kin to us", etc, but is not "the Highest Father" (God), etc, not the same One Jesus was calling the "Father God", especially "in Heaven", or "in the Heavens", most of the time anyway

I cant agree that somehow there are two fathers...

The trinity is the trinity period.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks for your ideas on this.

For me God is outside of time and for that reason the invitation to enter His rest is not subject to some chronological event in time, rather any day is good to accept His works for us in Christ through the Cross (also an a-chronological event) enter His rest and the invitation is always open.

Those who accept the fulfilment of the Law on the Cross, are freed from it's curse and enter His eternal Sabbath.

I really appreciate the invitation to cease striving and remain in His rest regardless of what life throws at me.

I cant agree that somehow there are two fathers...

The trinity is the trinity period.
Good enough for now.

Peace,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Monty58

Jul 3, 2021
London
✟7,803.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone,
(since I can't answer posts in the section where non-believers are allowed to post)...
a little challenge to everyone believing in the so-called theistic evolution, which I believe is untrue.
Ok?
So if day 1 to day 6 is said to have lasted many millions of years each, how long is day 7 - which is God's rest - following this line of thought?

On one occasion, I've heard a reply in the sense that it simply lasted shorter than the other days... is this how you think?
So why would God's word the Bible choose "day" for a long time span at the beginning of chapter and just a few verses later, "day" describes a rather short period of time? And who is supposed to understand God jumping from one meaning to another in the same chapter?

Someone else said he believed that God still is resting as of today. However, he's worked hard in the mean time initiating the flood, for instance.

Regards,
Thomas

I'm not sure if a qualify as an "evolutionary theist", but I would suggest that the "day" that God rested, is when he rested specifically from his work of forming the world. I also think that Genesis is a religious text that stands in the context of other creation myths, in which the differences from them are what count. I have a very panENtheistic approach which is based on on everything being an ongoing expression of God (and by God I mean the Eternal Person, not a god like Odin or the like). But to be direct to your question, of course God didn't rest from everything during day 7, days 1-6 refer specifically to the formation of the earth, the appearance of the space objects and the earth bringing forth creatures. Only mankind is it said God formed, which is interesting. That to me can be taken as a poetic device to indicate the fundamentally special relationship human has with God, rather than a contradiction of human evolution, but...who knows?!...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,

The days are not a literal ordered set. If they were then plants would have no sun.

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi everyone,
Ok?

Regards,
Thomas
Hi everyone,
Ok?

Regards,
Thomas
The Meaning of "Day" in Genesis
The Meaning of "Day" in Genesis - The Institute for Creation Research
One must wonder how a week, 7 days, can mean 7 years, or why Jesus in often spoke in parables.
True understanding that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. Isn't it saying a day means nothing to God, days were given to men by God to measure time and life's existence. Or even why God told man and woman to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the Earth - replenish from what?
Were there dinosaurs, did they actually exist are their fossils a lie? Or less than six thousand years ago these animals walk the earth with man. And there is no sign them now or anyting really written of them. Could man and those beast actually coexist? Taking down a t-rex with a spear! I guess if it was enough men eventually they would. I believe the Earth is millions of years old - that the earth was one once call Eden, God's Garden before God cursed it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,
Ok?

Regards,
Thomas

Because "Day" means a span of time.

Upvote 0