IF THE LAW OF MOSES WAS SET ASIDE , WHY ROM 13:9?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is only one law left. That's the one being referred to.
The Ten commandments bring death to all christians.

Even people here argue if they or their neighbor or other sects are dead to god because they don't obey the sabbath. Or do.

Or they argue that other people love money too much.
Or they dress to fancy and idolize themselves or others.
Or people who swear are going to hell.
Or those who don't honor their mother and father.
Or people steal, lie, or covet, so are dead to God.

Now you made a mess to clean up.

There is no mess to clean up. The mess is already cleaned up with the scriptures provided in previous posts to you. Go read the rest of the posts and scriptures your leaving out here by micro-quoting me. According to Paul God's law does not bring death, sin does because we all have sinned and the wages of sin is death *Romans 6:23 and the law brings us a knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20 because we all have sinned *see Romans 3:9-20. This is why Paul calls the law holy, just and good because it is through the law we have a knowledge of what sin is when broken so the law leads us to Christ so that we might be forgiven through faith. Gods' 4th commandment is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and right doing or righteousness when obeyed *Psalms 119:172.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: For example if you love your fellow man will you lie from them or steal from them *see Romans 13:8-10?
Your response here...
You might. There is no connection between love and specific actions.
My bible does not teach that view point. *see James 2:16-26; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 22:36-40, 1 John 5:2-3; 1 John 2:3-4; Matthew 7:21-23. It says the opposite.

Take Care now.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your response here...

My bible does not teach that view point. *see James 2:16-26; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 22:36-40, 1 John 5:2-3; 1 John 2:3-4; Matthew 7:21-23. It says the opposite.

Take Care now.

Which of those are the required actions to show love?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no mess to clean up. The mess is already cleaned up with the scriptures provided in previous posts to you. Go read the rest of the posts and scriptures your leaving out here by micro-quoting me. According to Paul God's law does not bring death, sin does because we all have sinned and the wages of sin is death *Romans 6:23 and the law brings us a knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20 because we all have sinned *see Romans 3:9-20. This is why Paul calls the law holy, just and good because it is through the law we have a knowledge of what sin is when broken so the law leads us to Christ so that we might be forgiven through faith. Gods' 4th commandment is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and right doing or righteousness when obeyed *Psalms 119:172.
If you break just one law, you are guilty of all of them.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't this verse mean the 10 Commandments?

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:KJV

Exodus 34:29 And when Moses went down from the mountain, there were the two tables in the hands of Moses,—as then he went down from the mountain, Moses knew not that the appearance of the skin of his face was glorified, when God spoke to him.LXX

Yes, the Glory in his face faded. Was to be faded away.

Which means that only Paul's gospel deletes the 10 Commandments.
But in The Kingdom Gospel Jesus confirms the decalogue.

There is only one law left. That's the one being referred to.
The Ten commandments bring death to all christians.

So then, what do you do with these verses?

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (fulfil = make replete, fully preach)
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (ginomai = generated)
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
luo = to loosen:--break (up), destroy, dissolve, (un-)loose, melt, put off.
(Matthew 16:19, loose in Heaven)

Your intentions are all that matter.
The rules have been dissolved due to being inadequate.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Faith without works is dead.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you break just one law, you are guilty of all of them.
Correct, that is why I believe if we knowingly break Gods' 4th commandment "seventh day" Sabbath once God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken, we stand guilty before God of sin. *see James 4:17; Romans 3:19-20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Hebrews 10:26-31.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Which of those are the required actions to show love?
All of them. We break one we break them all and stand before God guilty of sin *James 2:10-11; Romans 3:19-20; Romans 7:7. This is why Jesus says on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets and why Paul shows in Romans 13:8-10 that we show our love by obeying God's law which is what John is saying in 1 John 5:2-3 and James in James 2:8-12.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All of them. We break one we break them all and stand before God guilty of sin *James 2:10-11; Romans 3:19-20; Romans 7:7. This is why Jesus says on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets and why Paul shows in Romans 13:8-10 that we show our love by obeying God's law which is what John is saying in 1 John 5:2-3 and James in James 2:8-12.
No, not sinning. What actions show love? I need the list of love actions.

• Useful
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So then, what do you do with these verses?
Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (fulfil = make replete, fully preach)

That covers that:
fulfil =
from plérés
Definition
to make full, to complete
accomplish (1), accomplished (1), amply supplied (1), approaching (1), complete (1), completed (3), completing (1), elapsed (1), fill (3), filled (16), fills (1), finished (1), fulfill (20), fulfilled (20), fully carry (1), fully come (1), fully preached (1), increasing (1), made complete (2), made full (5), make...full (1), make...complete (1), passed (2), supply (1).

The law is finished. Made Full. Done it's job.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Mixing in some complete poop with mud? Intentions are the only thing God is concerned with.

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.

Luke 6:37
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Psalm 44:21
Would not God discover this? For he knows the secrets of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12-13
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Jeremiah 17:10
“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Isaiah 11:3-4
And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear

John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Already answered in the post you were quoting from. What is the opposite of sinning from the heart? This is why Jesus says on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets and why Paul shows in Romans 13:8-10 that we show our love by obeying God's law which is what John is saying in 1 John 5:2-3 and James in James 2:8-12.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Already answered in the post you were quoting from. What is the opposite of sinning from the heart? This is why Jesus says on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets and why Paul shows in Romans 13:8-10 that we show our love by obeying God's law which is what John is saying in 1 John 5:2-3 and James in James 2:8-12.

Exactly. What is the opposite of the answer you gave?
What are the requirements for love that you imagine?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. What is the opposite of the answer you gave?
What are the requirements for love that you imagine?
You still do not know? Read the scriptures already shared with you. Your better off hearing it from God's Word than mine. What do you think the opposite of 1 John 3:4 is? In fact I think John directly answers your question in 1 John 5:2-3 as does Paul in Romans 13:8-10 and Romans 3:31. Go read them for yourself. They are Gods' Words not mine and we should believe and follow them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You still do not know? Read the scriptures already shared with you. Your better off hearing it from God's Word than mine. What do you think the opposite of 1 John 3:4 is? In fact I think John directly answers your question in 1 John 5:2-3 as does Paul in Romans 13:8-10 and Romans 3:31. Go read them for yourself. They are Gods' Words not mine and we should believe and follow them.
Instead of playing the opposite game, I'm looking for the positive requirements.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Instead of playing the opposite game, I'm looking for the positive requirements.
You were provided the answers to your questions from the scriptures in the post your quoting from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's where the law-keeping theologies often break down in my experience, the practical applications.

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
The law is finished. Made Full. Done it's job.

There's a warning about teaching against what Jesus taught: Deuteronomy 18:18-19, John 12:48-50... Matthew 5:19.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Law, till all be fulfilled. (ginomai, generated)

parerchomai = to come near or aside, i.e. to approach (arrive), go by (or away), (figuratively) perish or neglect, (causative) avert:--come (forth), go, pass (away, by, over), past, transgress.

Revelation 21:1-6 1 And I saw a new Heaven and a new Earth: for the first Heaven and the first Earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. ... 6 And He said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

When Jesus says "It is finished", He means all the Scriptures He came to fulfill... because He was offered the hyssop which made Him the Passover Lamb, fulfilling Exodus 12:21-27.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's where the law-keeping theologies often break down in my experience, the practical applications.
Not really. See Romans 13:8-10. Love is expressed in obedience to Gods' law not breaking God's law which is why Jesus say "On these two commandments" of love to God and man "hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:36-40. No one therefore can claim to love God or even know God according to the scripture by breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *see James 2:10-11; 1 John 5:2-3; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9; Matthew 7:21-23; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14. Gods' Word does not teach lawlessness (without law or that God's 10 commandments are abolished).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Mixing in some complete poop with mud? Intentions are the only thing God is concerned with.

Psalm 44:21
Would not God discover this? For he knows the secrets of the heart.

Jeremiah 17:10
“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Isaiah 11:3-4
And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear

John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Between True and false Shepherds

Psalms 44:17 All these things are come upon us, but we have not forgotten Thee, neither have we dealt unrighteously in Thy Covenant. 18 And our heart has not gone back, but Thou hast turned aside our paths from Thy way. 19 For Thou hast laid us low in a place of affliction, and the shadow of death has covered us. 20 If we have forgotten the name of our God, and if we have spread out our hands to a strange god, shall not God search these things out? 21 for He knows the secrets of the heart. 22 For, for Thy sake we are killed all the day long, we are counted as sheep for slaughter.LXX

Jeremiah 17:1 Cursed is the man who trusts in man, and will lean his arm of flesh upon him, while his heart departs from the Lord. 6 And he shall be as the wild tamarisk in the desert: he shall not see when good comes; but he shall dwell in barren places, and in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited. 7 But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord shall be. 8 And he shall be as a thriving tree by the waters, and he shall cast forth his root toward a moist place: he shall not fear when heat comes, and there shall be upon him shady branches: he shall not fear in a year of drought, and he shall not fail to bear fruit. 9 The heart is deep beyond all things, and it is the man, and who can know him? 10 I the Lord try the hearts, and prove the reins, to give to every one according to his ways, and according to the fruits of his devices.LXX

Revelation 2:20-23 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce My servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication, and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am He which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.KJV

ereunao = apparently from ereo (through the idea of inquiry); to seek, i.e. (figuratively) to investigate:--search.
nephros = of uncertain affinity; a kidney (plural), i.e. (figuratively) the inmost mind:--reins.
kardia = prolonged from a primary kar (Latin cor, "heart"); the heart, i.e. (figuratively) the thoughts or feelings (mind); also (by analogy) the middle:--(+ broken-)heart(-ed).

Passing the Test

Isaiah 11:1-5 And there shall come forth a rod out of the root of Jesse, and a blossom shall come up from His root; and the Spirit of God shall rest upon Him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and strength, the Spirit of knowledge and godliness shall fill him: the Spirit of the fear of God. He shall not judge according to appearance, nor reprove according to report; but He shall judge the cause of the lowly, and shall reprove the lowly of the earth: and He shall smite the earth with the word of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips shall He destroy the ungodly one. And He shall have His loins girt with righteousness, and His sides clothed with truth.LXX (Revelation 3:19)

John 7:19-25 If a man on the Sabbath day receive circumcision that the Law of Moses should not be broken, are ye angry at Me because I have made a man every whit whole on the Sabbath day? Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. Then said some of them of Jerusalem, Is not this He, whom they seek to kill? (John 15:25)

Matthew 12:5-14 Or have ye not read in the Law, how that on the Sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless? But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. ... Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the Sabbath days.

Upvote 0