IF THE LAW OF MOSES WAS SET ASIDE , WHY ROM 13:9?

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟111,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Interesting that "come near to a menstruous woman" is listed along with things like idolatry.

Don't forget we are reading from a Prophet here, (Ezekiel). The metaphor, allegory, parable, is well known: the women are the cities are the covenants. A city full of blood is likened to a woman with an issue of blood that never ceases. This theme begins in Ezekiel 16 and continues through Ezekiel 24, ("Woe to the bloody city").

The allegory concerns the false, physical, flesh minded, natural man understanding of the covenant, which is expounded in Ezekiel 16:59-63.

Ezekiel 16:59-63 KJV
59 For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even deal with thee as thou hast done, which hast despised the oath in breaking the covenant.
60 Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.
61 Then thou shalt remember thy ways, and be ashamed, when thou shalt receive thy sisters, thine elder and thy younger: and I will give them unto thee for daughters, but not by thy covenant.
62 And I will establish my covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD:
63 That thou mayest remember, and be confounded, and never open thy mouth any more because of thy shame, when I am pacified toward thee for all that thou hast done, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 16, Ezekiel 22, Ezekiel 24, Revelation 11:8, Revelation 17, Revelation 18, Galatians 4:22-31, and many other statements scattered through the Prophets.

• Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The covenant of Noah was in effect in Abraham's time. Melchesidic was a priest of that covenant.
Which covenant was not based upon genealogy, nor the carnal command of circumcision.
The laws were very simple and were only changed in Moses' time with Aaron as high priest.
It became genealogical.
Afterwards the Levites attained the priesthood and gave the secondary law. So at one time Melchesidic was a priest of God but under the covenant with Noah. The writer to the Hebrews said:
The order however never ceased to their generations.

Heb 7:1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
He then says of the law:

Heb 7:11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?

The writer skips the Levitical priesthood and then the priesthood of Aaron and on to Melchesidic. And then:

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

That change of the law was the abolishment of the Levitical and Aaronic laws. He said of Jesus:

Heb 5:10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,”

With the change of the priesthood the law reverted back to the time of Melchesidic. In the end, that is what Christianity has always taught, even though it is never expressed that way.
I think there is the carnal command, given to the order in Abraham. It was not based upon genealogy however. The carnal command being disannulled in Christ, brings in the time of the nations again, as Abrahams seed no longer according to the carnal command

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We know that Paul wrote the book of ROMANS ,and in Rom 13:9 he writes , For this , thou shall not commit Adultery .

#2 Thou shall not kill .

#3 thou shall not bear false witness ,

#4 Thou shall not Covet .

Notice what Paul let OUT ?

I believe the Law , what bis called the OLD COVENANT was set aside as Paul wrote in 2 Cor 3:13 .

And nowhere does Paul say we are in the NEW COVENANT !!

dan p

Heb 8 - Paul says we are under the New Covenant... and Paul says it is the same as it was in the OT in Jer 31:31-34

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think there is the carnal command, given to the order in Abraham. It was not based upon genealogy however. The carnal command being disannulled in Christ, brings in the time of the nations again, as Abrahams seed no longer according to the carnal command

Rom 2:
25 For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27 And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

Upvote 0