IF THE LAW OF MOSES WAS SET ASIDE , WHY ROM 13:9?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no scripture you have provided in your post here that says Gods' 10 commandments are obsolete. That claim is not biblical and a false teaching. Happy to look at each individual scripture that you have provided one at a time to prove this if your interested by putting the context back in you have left out by selecting random scripture taken out of context to show...

Nothing random in the slightest. Each passage is a link to the context.
Do you require a chapter for each passage? So sorry.
Complaint denied.
image_medium_178799745.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
False. I never said the 10 Commandments were abolished. They are a Covenant forever between the House of Israel and God, because Jesus restates them:

Matthew 19:18-18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother, and Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 22:37-38 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.

1. Revelation 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. (spiritual adultery = apostacy) (John 10:8)
2. John 15:10 If ye keep My commandments ye shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's Commandments and abide in His love. (Revelation 2:20)
3. Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (folly, to no purpose, in vain) (Matthew 7:21)
4. Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath Day: (John 7:22)

The first 4 Commandments are what the House of ISRAEL OWES GOD.

Exodus 20:1-12 And the Lord spoke all these words, saying:
1. I am the Lord thy God who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods beside Me.
2. Thou shalt not make to thyself an idol, nor likeness of anything, whatever things are in the heaven above, and whatever are in the earth beneath, and whatever are in the waters under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down to them, nor serve them, for I am the Lord thy God, a jealous God: recompensing the sins of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation to them that hate Me, and bestowing mercy on them that love Me to thousands of them and on them that keep My Commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain, for the Lord thy God will not acquit him that takes His name in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. Six days thou shalt labour, and shalt perform all thy work. But on the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God; on it thou shalt do no work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy servant nor thy maidservant, thine ox nor thine ass, nor any cattle of thine, nor the stranger that sojourns with thee. For in six days the Lord made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all things in them and rested on the seventh day, therefore the Lord blessed the seventh day and hallowed it.

The last 6 Commandments are what MAN OWES MAN.

Romans 13:8-10 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

"This is in agreement to what Paul says in Romans 13:8-10 where he shows that love to our neighbor is obeying all of those commandments in God's 10 commandments that are our duty of love to our fellow man."

LoveGodsWord said:
Paul's letters by the way, as well as every other letter and book in the bible according to the scriptures, are given by inspiration of God and are written for our admonition upon who the ends of the world have come (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 10:11).

Galatians 2:7-9, Romans 15:8
..........Audience matters...........
Matthew 10:5-7, Matthew 15:24

Hello Lig,

So... you just can't be bothered to type all 8 letters of a screenname... before offering up an entire webpage of your "personal interpretation" of my post...

So, what do I get out of this, other than character assassination?

Matthew 19:18-18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother, and Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 22:37-38 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
Your trying to argue in this post and elsewhere however, that the first four commandments of God's 10 commandments are only for Israel and in the new covenant we only have to keep the last six commandments
correct? - Therefore you are trying to abolish Gods' 10 commandments.
"The fallacy of the petitio principii," says Madsen Pirie, "lies in its dependence on the unestablished conclusion. Its conclusion is used, albeit often in a disguised form, in the premises which support it"..."
What Is Circular Reasoning?

• If there be any other commandment (Honor your parents) - Romans 13:9

Matthew 15:3-6 But He answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the Commandment of God by your tradition? For God Commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

The last 6 Commandments are what MAN OWES MAN.
Paul shows that love to our neighbor is expressed in obedience to the second six of God's 10 commandments.

Your argument in this section is that Gods' 10 commandment are only given to Gods' Israel and I agree with you. All of God's Words are only given to Gods' Israel. So it is important to identify who the scriptures teach are Gods' Israel in the new covenant.
[...]
In the new covenant Gods' Israel which as have been shown from the scriptures is only a name given by God to all those who believe and follow what Gods' Word says and is independent of the old and new covenants.

According to the new covenant scriptures there is no such thing as Jewish and Gentile believers as we are all now one in Christ.
[...]
Hebrews 8:10-12
[...]
Colombians 3:11
[...]

Once again your Israel argument does not work because in the old and new testament God's Israel is only a name given by God to all those who believe and follow His Word.
[...] receive correction [...]
Tertullian says Barnabus wrote Hebrews. There are no Colombians in the Bible. And the word "your" in the last whole sentence quoted should be "you're"... but dude, that sentence is totally wrong, according to the Old Testament.

Gotta say, really glad I don't try to follow both gospels... I don't read other people's mail like it was written to me by-the-boss-of-me.

Esaias 43:1-8 And now thus saith the Lord God that made thee, O Jacob, and formed thee, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name, thou art Mine. 2 And if thou pass through water I am with thee, and the rivers shall not overflow thee; and if thou go through fire thou shalt not be burned, the flame shall not burn thee. 3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, that saves thee: I have made Egypt and Ethiopia thy ransom and given Soene for thee. 4 Since thou becamest precious in My sight, thou hast become glorious and I have loved thee, and I will give men for thee and princes for thy life. 5 Fear not, for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east and will gather thee from the west. 6 I will say to the north, Bring, and to the south, Keep not back; bring my sons from the land afar off, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; 7 even all who are called by My name: for I have prepared him for My glory, and I have formed him and have made him; 8 and I have brought forth the blind people: for their eyes are alike blind, and they that have ears are deaf.LXX

Esaias 6:8-13 And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go to this people? And I said, behold, I am here, send me. And he said, Go, and say to this people, 9 Ye shall hear indeed, but ye shall not understand; and ye shall see indeed, but ye shall not perceive. 10 For the heart of this people has become gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. (Matthew 13:13-17)... 11 And I said, How long, O Lord? And he said, Until cities be deserted by reason of their not being inhabited, and the houses by reason of there being no men, and the land shall be left desolate. 12 And after this God shall remove the men far off, and they that are left upon the land shall be multiplied. 13 And yet there shall be a tenth upon it, and again it shall be for a spoil, as a turpentine tree, and as an acorn when it falls out of its husk.

Jezekiel 36:22-28 Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord; I do not this, O house of Israel, for your sakes, but because of My holy name which ye have profaned among the nations, among whom ye went. And I will sanctify My great name, which was profaned among the gentiles, which ye profaned in the midst of them; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord, when I am sanctified among you before their eyes. And I will take you out from the gentiles, and will gather you out of all the lands, and will bring you into your own land: and I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be purged from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols, and I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and will put a new spirit in you: and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh and will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit in you, and will cause you to walk in Mine Ordinances, and to keep My Judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell upon the land which I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be to Me a people, and I will be to you a God.
(Osee 1:6-10 Yet the number of the children of Israel was as the sand of the sea, which shall not be measured nor numbered: and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said to them, Ye are not My people, even they shall be called the sons of the living God. 1 Peter 2:9-10, Matthew 4:12-20)

Jeremias 39:37-41 Behold, I will gather them out of every land where I have scattered them in My anger and My wrath and great fury, and I will bring them back into this place and will cause them to dwell safely; and they shall be to Me a people, and I will be to them a God. And I will give them another way and another heart, to fear Me continually, and that for good to them and their children after them. And I will make with them an Everlasting Covenant, which I will by no means turn away from them, and I will put My fear into their heart, that they may not depart from Me. And I will visit them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, and with all My heart, and with all My soul. (Jeremiah 31:31-34, John 14:6-7, Revelation 2:23, Revelation 14:6)

(verses: LXX & KJV)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So... you just can't be bothered to type all 8 letters of a screenname... before offering up an entire webpage of your "personal interpretation" of my post...

So, what do I get out of this, other than character assassination?

"The fallacy of the petitio principii," says Madsen Pirie, "lies in its dependence on the unestablished conclusion. Its conclusion is used, albeit often in a disguised form, in the premises which support it"..."
What Is Circular Reasoning?

Matthew 15:3-6 But He answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the Commandment of God by your tradition? For God Commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Tertullian says Barnabus wrote Hebrews. There are no Colombians in the Bible. And the word "your" in the last whole sentence quoted should be "you're"... but dude, that sentence is totally wrong, according to the Old Testament.

Gotta say, really glad I don't try to follow both gospels... I don't read other people's mail like it was written to me by-the-boss-of-me.

Esaias 43:1-8 And now thus saith the Lord God that made thee, O Jacob, and formed thee, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name, thou art Mine. 2 And if thou pass through water I am with thee, and the rivers shall not overflow thee; and if thou go through fire thou shalt not be burned, the flame shall not burn thee. 3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, that saves thee: I have made Egypt and Ethiopia thy ransom and given Soene for thee. 4 Since thou becamest precious in My sight, thou hast become glorious and I have loved thee, and I will give men for thee and princes for thy life. 5 Fear not, for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east and will gather thee from the west. 6 I will say to the north, Bring, and to the south, Keep not back; bring my sons from the land afar off, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; 7 even all who are called by My name: for I have prepared him for My glory, and I have formed him and have made him; 8 and I have brought forth the blind people: for their eyes are alike blind, and they that have ears are deaf.LXX

Esaias 6:8-13 And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go to this people? And I said, behold, I am here, send me. And he said, Go, and say to this people, 9 Ye shall hear indeed, but ye shall not understand; and ye shall see indeed, but ye shall not perceive. 10 For the heart of this people has become gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. (Matthew 13:13-17)... 11 And I said, How long, O Lord? And he said, Until cities be deserted by reason of their not being inhabited, and the houses by reason of there being no men, and the land shall be left desolate. 12 And after this God shall remove the men far off, and they that are left upon the land shall be multiplied. 13 And yet there shall be a tenth upon it, and again it shall be for a spoil, as a turpentine tree, and as an acorn when it falls out of its husk.

Jezekiel 36:22-28 Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord; I do not this, O house of Israel, for your sakes, but because of My holy name which ye have profaned among the nations, among whom ye went. And I will sanctify My great name, which was profaned among the gentiles, which ye profaned in the midst of them; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord, when I am sanctified among you before their eyes. And I will take you out from the gentiles, and will gather you out of all the lands, and will bring you into your own land: and I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be purged from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols, and I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and will put a new spirit in you: and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh and will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit in you, and will cause you to walk in Mine Ordinances, and to keep My Judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell upon the land which I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be to Me a people, and I will be to you a God.
(Osee 1:6-10 Yet the number of the children of Israel was as the sand of the sea, which shall not be measured nor numbered: and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said to them, Ye are not My people, even they shall be called the sons of the living God. 1 Peter 2:9-10, Matthew 4:12-20)

Jeremias 39:37-41 Behold, I will gather them out of every land where I have scattered them in My anger and My wrath and great fury, and I will bring them back into this place and will cause them to dwell safely; and they shall be to Me a people, and I will be to them a God. And I will give them another way and another heart, to fear Me continually, and that for good to them and their children after them. And I will make with them an Everlasting Covenant, which I will by no means turn away from them, and I will put My fear into their heart, that they may not depart from Me. And I will visit them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, and with all My heart, and with all My soul. (Jeremiah 31:31-34, John 14:6-7, Revelation 2:23, Revelation 14:6)

(verses: LXX & KJV)

Hi Lig nice to see you.

Did you notice your post here does not address anything in the post you are quoting from again from post # 37 linked and the other posts and scriptures already provided that are in disagreement with your claims that Gods' 10 commandments are abolished (first 4 commandments) *see also post # 22; post # 23; post # 25 and post # 37 linked? Let's chat more when you want to discuss the posts and scriptures that have been shared with you that are in disagreement with you. Until then let's agree to disagree and I will leave what has been shared with you between you and God to prayerfully consider and hope only the best for you.

Take Care :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing random in the slightest. Each passage is a link to the context.
Complaint denied.
Nope. You simply posted a bunch of random scripture taken out of context, talking about the old covenant and the Mosaic "shadow laws" of the Sanctuary and Priesthood trying to claim they are talking about God's 10 commandments earlier. You also have not defined what make up the covenants. Are you interested in a discussion seeing why I say this from the scriptures?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope. You simply posted a bunch of random scripture taken out of context...

They were hand picked. The context is available for each one. That's why old bearded men added all those little numbers to each sentence. Just for that purpose. So anyone could reference the context. To complain that a numbered passage is out of context is ridiculous. That's what the numbers are for. So everyone can read the context. Thanks to the slick modern benefits of the global interweb, now links provide direct connection to the context. Which I provided.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They were hand picked. The context is available for each one. That's why old bearded men added all those little numbers to each sentence. Just for that purpose. So anyone could reference the context.
Prove it then. Show me how each of the scriptures you have provided without context is saying God's 10 commandments have been abolished. You can't can you because your trying to add an interpretation to the scriptures you have provided that is not supported in the context you have left out.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prove it then. Show me how each of the scriptures you have provided without context is saying God's 10 commandments have been abolished. You can't can you because your trying to add an interpretation to the scriptures you have provided that is not supported in the context you have left out.

There is no proof in history. Just evidence in writings.

The first covenant is the promise of the obeying the law for salvation. The second is the promise of Grace for salvation. The first covenant has been replaced by the better one.

https://www.pblcoc.org/submitted-questions-a-answers/whats-the-difference-between-the-two-covenants/

Bible Gateway passage: Exodus 24 - New International Version
3 When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice, “Everything the Lord has said we will do.” 4 Moses then wrote down everything the Lord had said.

He got up early the next morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain and set up twelve stone pillars representing the twelve tribes of Israel. 5 Then he sent young Israelite men, and they offered burnt offerings and sacrificed young bulls as fellowship offerings to the Lord. 6 Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, “We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.”

8 Moses then took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, “This is the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The first covenant is the promise of the obeying the law for salvation. The second is the promise of Grace for salvation. The first covenant has been replaced by the better one.
Actually no it wasn't. Gods' plan of salvation in both covenants were through faith in believing and following what Gods' Word says only the process between covenants were different. *see Hebrews 11. Do you know why the process between the old and new covenants are different? Also, I asked you in the previous post to show me how each of the scriptures you have provided earlier without context is saying God's 10 commandments have been abolished. You can't can you because your trying to add an interpretation to the scriptures you have provided that is not supported in the context you have left out. If you cannot then just say so. I am happy to show you why though if you are interested.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You also have not defined what make up the covenants.

The participants in scripture did not count 5 covenants. Just two.

6 Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, “We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.”

In the new Covenant, it is based on the Grace of Jesus.

God issued the Ten Commandments and the laws in Leviticus to be obeyed by the Hebrews. If they complied, he pledged prosperity and protection in the Promised Land. Altogether, there were 613 laws, covering every aspect of human behavior. Males had to be circumcised, sabbaths had to be observed, and people had to obey hundreds of dietary, social, and hygiene rules. All these regulations were intended to protect the Israelites from their neighbors' pagan influences, but no one could keep so many laws. To address the people's sins, God set up a system of animal sacrifices, in which the people provided cattle, sheep, and doves to be killed. Sin required blood sacrifices.
Catch the Crucial Differences Between the Old and New Covenant

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The participants in scripture did not count 5 covenants. Just two.

6 Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, “We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.”

In the new Covenant, it is based on the Grace of Jesus.

God issued the Ten Commandments and the laws in Leviticus to be obeyed by the Hebrews. If they complied, he pledged prosperity and protection in the Promised Land. Altogether, there were 613 laws, covering every aspect of human behavior. Males had to be circumcised, sabbaths had to be observed, and people had to obey hundreds of dietary, social, and hygiene rules. All these regulations were intended to protect the Israelites from their neighbors' pagan influences, but no one could keep so many laws. To address the people's sins, God set up a system of animal sacrifices, in which the people provided cattle, sheep, and doves to be killed. Sin required blood sacrifices.
Catch the Crucial Differences Between the Old and New Covenant

Under both the old and new covenants they are both based on God's Grace. If you did not want to answer my question to you just say so. I am sure we both have better things to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can't can you because your trying to add an interpretation to the scriptures you have provided that is not supported in the context you have left out. If you cannot then just say so. I am happy to show you why though if you are interested.
Take Care.

Just follow each linky dinky to get the context.

ConventionalApprehensiveAngelfish-size_restricted.gif

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just follow each linky dinky to get the context.
How would I do that you have not provided any context to the scriptures you posted earlier. All you have provided is someones opinion outside of scripture that is not biblical. Happy to show why if your interested.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How would I do that you have not provided any context to the scriptures you posted earlier. All you have provided is someones opinion outside of scripture that is not biblical. Happy to show why if your interested.
Follow the links
1 minute ago#51

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As posted earlier, you have left out the contexts to the scriptures you provided earlier that do not support your claims that God's 10 commandments have been abolished. Happy to show why if your interested.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We know that Paul wrote the book of ROMANS ,and in Rom 13:9 he writes , For this , thou shall not commit Adultery .

#2 Thou shall not kill .

#3 thou shall not bear false witness ,

#4 Thou shall not Covet .

Notice what Paul let OUT ?

I believe the Law , what bis called the OLD COVENANT was set aside as Paul wrote in 2 Cor 3:13 .

And nowhere does Paul say we are in the NEW COVENANT !!

dan p

Those commands have been replaced.
Romans 13:9

Jeremiah 31:31-34
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

One law much better has replaced all the obsolete ones.

9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Read full chapter

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They were hand picked. The context is available for each one. That's why old bearded men added all those little numbers to each sentence. Just for that purpose. So anyone could reference the context. To complain that a numbered passage is out of context is ridiculous. That's what the numbers are for. So everyone can read the context. Thanks to the slick modern benefits of the global interweb, now links provide direct connection to the context. Which I provided.

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Jeremiah 31:33
But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Those commands have been replaced.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

None of these scriptures teach that Gods' 10 commandments are abolished. They teach that Gods' 10 commandments are established in the lives of those who have been born again into Gods new covenant promise through faith that works by love. A detailed scripture response proving this has already been provided in this thread showing why if you are interested from the scriptures in post # 22; post # 23 and post # 37 linked.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
One law much better has replaced all the obsolete ones.

9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Read full chapter

Hebrews 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

The scriptures you provide here only support what I have been sharing with you as shown in the scripture context you have left out. They do not support your view that Gods' 10 commandments have been abolished. For example here is the full context of Romans 13:8-10 here..
  • Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law. [9], For this, thou shall not commit adultery, thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal, thou shall not bear false witness, thou shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.[10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling (obeying) of the law.
Note: Paul is agreeing with Jesus where he shows that if we love our fellow man we will obey those commandments in God's 10 commandments that show us how we are to love our neighbor from the heart and that Leviticus 19:18 to love our neighbor as yourself is simply summing up obeying God's commandments (Romans 13:9). If we study a little deeper you will see that James and John are also in agreement with Jesus and Paul. Let's have a look first at what James says then John. So adding the context back in we see that loving our neighbor as yourself is simply an old testament scripture from Leviticus 19:18 that summarizes obedience to those commandments in Gods' 10 commandments that show us our duty of love to our fellow man.

None of these scriptures you have provided teach anywhere that Gods' 10 commandments are abolished. They teach that Gods' 10 commandments are established in the lives of those who have been born again into Gods new covenant promise through faith that works by love. A detailed scripture response proving this has already been provided in this thread showing why if you are interested from the scriptures in post # 22; post # 23 and post # 37 linked.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 3:6
Who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Jeremiah 31:33
But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

No one can know the Spirit of the law without first knowing the letter of the law according to the scriptures *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; Romans 7:12; Galatians 3:22-25. It is the letter of the law that leads us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith. However, faith does not abolish Gods law like some teach. According to the scriptures genuine faith establishes Gods law *Romans 3:31. Still you have not provided a single scripture that says Gods' 10 commandments have been abolished. Yet God says if break anyone of them we stand guilty before Him of sin in James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4 and if we continue in known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word and we reject it in unbelief and sin there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to the judgement to come which shall devour the adversaries *Hebrews 10:26-31. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Upvote 0