• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

If I commit suicide...

If I commit suicide, I will...

• go to heaven

• go to hell

• ...unsure...

Results are only viewable after voting.

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
allieisme said:
thats not what I meant at all, by what I said.. I was just referring to Urbanfaerries post as to "one of the few real ppl in here" I was just trying to say that their are a lot of great people in here.. Depressed or not, that had nothing to do with it honestly. Trust me I have a lot of depression issues as well, so I was not putting anyone down by any means.
Oh no, I didn't think you were putting anyone down. I hadn't seen the post you were refering to, so I didn' know what you meant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

andrewbee

Jul 11, 2003
Denver, Colorado, USA
✟142.00
Faith
Christian
clairywairy said:
I put go to heaven, although I haven't looked for any kind of scriptural backup.
I just thought that God is a forgiving God, and he understands us. I think it's a terrible thing to do, and it would hurt God considerably. But ultimately, he would understand and forgive you for doing it.

Committing suicide is terrible though, it affects so many and causes so much pain... It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Yes. As one thing I read on suicide puts it, you feel suicidal when you have more pain than you can cope with and release. Life is often painful, and some of that pain can be old pain you've carried around since childhood. In western civilisation, we are not taught how to cope with pain. Most people's method is to bottle it up. It's not hard to see how it becomes overwhelming, especially when something touches off deeply buried old pain.

I was suicidal last year. Fortunately I now have a great therapist, whose main speciality is working with people on expressing (and permanently releasing) huge amounts of pain, whether the causes are recent or old. I am learning things that I will pass on to my kids to give them better life-coping skills.

Upvote 0

Alice the Sister

optimize
Jun 30, 2003
seattle, washington
✟19,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My church counseler ordered that I see a real psychiatrist because I had suicidal ideations or something.

I dunno, nothing's wrong with thinking about it. Doing it is another thing. Trying to do it is another thing as well...people who try to kill themselves that try to fail often times want attention or something.

Upvote 0

jayswife29

Jun 26, 2003
n.y.
Visit site
✟454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My son is bi-polar,my mom,who is only 54 is living in an adult home(she is currently in the hospital) is dying from alzheimers, my father is living in florida screwing up his life there, which he too suffers from mental illnesses,my daughter(12)is depressed and often talks of suicide, and my youngest son(9) wants to die soon, so he doesnt have to keep sinning!! I believe that God is paying me a compliment by allowing me to have all this on my plate, I am honored that He believes me to be strong enough to deal with these very colorful situations. My parents, despite their faults and illnesses, brought me to the Lord, so I will always have that to be thankful for. As a christian we are not promised a peaceful life, quite the opposite, we are told that we will endure trials and tribulations in our life, but we must go to God with our pain and confusion. Satan will put any projection in our head to make us think we are worthless, useless, guilty,"bad" mis-fits,liars, that our family or friends would be better off without us. A saved person has the ability and authority to cast demons out, to stand up against satan and win, it's ok not to believe satans lies. We all sin, but if we are truly saved, then wether we commit adultery or suicide, a sin is a sin, God forgives them all, if we confess them. No matter how you feel, God loves you, and He believes in you. Keep fighting, keep praying, and most of all, dont give in to these feelings of hopelesness, God's specialty is bringing hope to the hopeless. Trust Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oneiric

redeemed
Jun 27, 2003
✟15,732.00
Faith
Christian
Golden Calf Disco said:
My church counseler ordered that I see a real psychiatrist because I had suicidal ideations or something.

I dunno, nothing's wrong with thinking about it. Doing it is another thing. Trying to do it is another thing as well...people who try to kill themselves that try to fail often times want attention or something.
I don't think it's fair to say that someone who tries to kill themself is an attention wh.ore. The majority of girls attempt suicide more than boys. It is just that boys are more successful at it. Girls tend to go for the more wimpy suicide methods, such as pills, whereas guys go for the sureshot ways such as using a gun.

Talking about suicide is an inner cry for help, not a cry for attention. That is actually pretty insulting.

Upvote 0

urbanfaerie

Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
gargamel's castle
Visit site
✟1,392.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i found it insulting as well..:mad:

i've attempted suicide, multiple times and failed. not because i didnt try hard enuff, but 'do gooders' came and ruined everything..

also ppl don't realize this but commiting suicide is actually pretty draining. emotionally and physically.

if it went as an attempt and failed, its very likely the person had no more energy to try again that nite..doesnt mean they were attention seeking..or manipulative. argh.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
ghoti said:
Just kinda curious on what you guys think after reading the suicide thread. Assuming one was saved and a Christian while they were alive, if they commited suicide would they go to heaven or hell? Elaborate if you wish.

:wave:
I'm not sure where you would go ghoti, but I know it would cause God much pain because He wants you to trust Him in this world and know that He will see you through no matter how tough things get.

Terri
aka Unknown Quantity
0020.gif

Upvote 0