If heaven and god are so perfect and beautiful

=Joel=

Nov 4, 2003
WA
Visit site
✟15,368.00
Faith
Christian
Why was Satan and one third of the angels kicked out of heaven?

Why would angles (nephilim ect ect) lust after earthly women when they know what the consequences are? ANGELS!!!!!!! They’re in heaven and they know their wrong doings will send them to eternal damnation!!! Is heaven not perfect? no sex in the Champaign room?

If we don’t like going to church now, and struggle to do right and live godly lives and worship our lord 24/7 day and night, how are we going to handle heaven? When that’s all we’re going to be doing? No sin!! isnt this why satan was kicked out of heaven? pride? not wanting ro worship god ect

When we get to heaven are we automatic transformed into these beings that love everything and everyone? And have no faults? No lust? No pride, so sin? If so, how did the angels sin and get thrown out of heaven?

i'm a christan, and have always thought about these things

Bond Slave

Jan 24, 2005
✟542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
=Joel= said:

Why would angles (nephilim ect ect) lust after earthly women when they know what the consequences are? ANGELS!!!!!!! They’re in heaven and they know their wrong doings will send them to eternal damnation!!! Is heaven not perfect? no sex in the Champaign room?

If we don’t like going to church now, and struggle to do right and live godly lives and worship our lord 24/7 day and night, how are we going to handle heaven? When that’s all we’re going to be doing? No sin!! isnt this why satan was kicked out of heaven? pride? not wanting ro worship god ect

When we get to heaven are we automatic transformed into these beings that love everything and everyone? And have no faults? No lust? No pride, so sin? If so, how did the angels sin and get thrown out of heaven?

Yes, Heaven will be perfect and so will we. We will not hate or dislike anyone. We will understand love in it's perfect form and we will never tire of the wonders of being in God's presence. The angels, like us, were given a choice as to who they would follow. Some of them chose to follow lucifer who wanted the status of God. When all is said and done, the only ones who will be present are those who CHOSE God and will want to be where we are.

Upvote 0

Chrysalis Kat

Gettin' Riggy With It
Nov 25, 2004
TEXAS
✟20,887.00
Faith
Politics
US-Democrat
=Joel= said:
Hi Joel,

Just a thought here … and one that I’m offering because you stated that you are a Christian and have concerns about these scriptures. . .OK, understood?

I didn’t write that story and I can’t be an apologist for it either however - these passages might make a great deal more sense to you IF you didn’t think about Heaven and Hell as geographical locations but rather as states of mind and IF you consider Angels to representatives of higher states of consciousness rather than actual beings,etc.
In other words, try interpreting this story metaphorically rather than literally.

I think that trying to understand this stuff any other way is only going to make your head hurt really bad. :)

Upvote 0

mike0182

Feb 7, 2005
✟150.00
Faith
Christian
=Joel= said:

the idea that lucifer was a angel and kicked out of heaven is a theory taken from the story of the king of tyre in the Bible. there is no direct reference to how satan began or where he came from. many people use the story of the king of tyre as a symbolic reference (allegory) to lucifer and heaven. so, dont take the traditional story of how satan came to be until you study it. secondly, we will be perfect in heaven and the presence of sin will be erased...thus we will have no problem doing what the Bible says we will be doing.

Upvote 0

Shane Roach

Mar 13, 2002
✟23,036.00
Faith
Christian
seebs said:
I have no reason to believe that "a third of angels" were kicked out of heaven.

=Joel= said:
(Luke 10:18, Rev. 12:3-4, 20:2, Isa. 14:12-14, Ezek. 28:12-17).

^_^

I have the same problem with Seebs sometimes. *poke poke seebs*

The broader context of the Bible suggests some things about why this whole concept of sin has been allowed, but to be honest I am not sure there is a final and complete explanation to it all. I feel it is a part of faith to deal with that. I find nothing in the morality and values of this world to cause me to believe that there is anything more reasonable in the offing from those who do not know Christ.

Upvote 0

Norea

Oct 16, 2004
Somewhere
Visit site
✟379.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
But Satan and Lucifer are two different beings. Satan is in the Book of Jobe, he's basically God's Royal Prosecutor, to show the flaws of man compared to his strengths that make man 'redeemable' in God's eyes. And etc. I'm no Christian, but that is one of the prevailing views in Judaic Theology. :)

-- Bridget

Upvote 0