✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
he approves of:

different faiths and philosophies and traditions?
different Christian denominations?
different opinions?
different personalities?
different political perspectives?

There is one body, the body of Christ. That transcends denominations. The body is composed of those who have repented of their sins and believed the gospel of Jesus Christ, that He died for our sins and rose again the third day. When we believe that God sends the Holy Spirit to live inside of us and make us into a new person. That is being born again, when you confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and believe He was raised the third day; God will send His Spirit to make you into a new person.

There are born again believers in basically every denomination, but not in different religions. This isn't opinion, it is fact. Christ died for them too, but until they receive Jesus Christ they don't have a way to get to God the Father, because Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

If you wanted to fly to New York would you go to the airport and board any plane? God knows how to get us to Him which is why He sent Jesus to give us the directions, because without Jesus we could never find Him.

Reactions: *Cher
Upvote 0

*Cher

Come home minie-cat!
Feb 8, 2017
Dallas
✟18,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's the first question that popped into my head when I saw this thread. And of yet, there's no answer. Maybe He doesn't like diversity? (It does have its pros and cons.)
I think, well I know, God loves different people he created culturally but does he like moral diversity or non Christian belief? I do not believe so. I believe he still loves us if we are a saved child of his but when we disobey his commandments and live against what God said in his word or we believe in anything other than Jesus, our saviour I can not see him liking that. So the thread was set up as a false premise. God wants all men to come to the knowledge of Jesus so they can be saved. There is no salvation outside of Jesus.

Upvote 0

*Cher

Come home minie-cat!
Feb 8, 2017
Dallas
✟18,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As I said from the first, God likes the diversity that He creates.
Thank you. Yes! God likes us all being made differently but God does desire us to all live according to his word and be saved by Jesus. I'm going to offer up Miss Tick at praise and worship tonight to choose Jesus. God has put this on my heart.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Today at mass, on the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter, the priest actually spoke about the diverse number of personalities the Lord has called unto Himself. We also prayed for the respect of diverse peoples and cultures.

For me, I don't have to look outside my parish to find diversity. We're a diverse group of people, and being made more so by the refugees that have been coming to mass there. If I want to expand my scope a little further to the faith communities my wife and I like to visit, then that diversity becomes even richer. Consider then the diocese, the national Church and then the global Church it's easy to see that one doesn't need to go outside Catholicism to find diversity.

So, does God like diversity? It depends. It's already been mentioned that He likes the diversity that He created, but I can't imagine that He's too pleased with Christian denominationalism.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I personally think that the Christian denomination that had it 100% correct is long gone now. We just have to make due with our limited minds and differing perspectives.

That's a rather bleak assessment. Especially after hearing this a mass this morning:

You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church;
the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

I don't think God became Incarnate and established a Church just so His followers could make their best guess. If no denomination is 100% correct in it's doctrine, how would it be possible to know where it's in error?

If Jesus is Truth, which He is, and if He left us a Church, which He did, shouldn't it be possible to know the fullness of God's revealed Truth?

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If God didn't like diversity, you and I would look the same. Imagine looking like me! :)

Um... no offense intended, Paul, but no thank you. I am sure you are a lovely person and all. Just so you know, I have no qualms with who you are. However, I am perfectly content with who I am and I would like to stay true to that. I have fought long and hard to learn my heritage and that identity. So, I hope you will understand that this is something I am not willing to give up and I would fight to protect. Please know that this is nothing personal against you. I think you are a swell guy. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for me, I sometimes think about the civilizations in distant galaxies, all created by God...

It makes our one-size-fits-most Bible seem awfully inadequate when we are confronted with the likelihood of other civilizations.

Not at all. The Bible speaks to what we need to know. Nowhere does it claim to speak to everything God knows.

Upvote 0