Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
different faiths and philosophies and traditions?

Different religions, No. Different philosophies and traditions? Debatable. It would really depend if they line up with the Bible though the problem is that you can take any Bible verse and give it to 10 different people and they will give 10 different interpretations.

different Christian denominations?

I personally think that the Christian denomination that had it 100% correct is long gone now. We just have to make due with our limited minds and differing perspectives.

different opinions?

It's inevitable. In Heaven we will be in 100% agreement with God because we will have complete knowledge of what He wants instead of basing our opinions on what we think He wants.

different personalities?

Why not? If we walk the same, talk the same, dress the same and stuff, then God would be one bland cookie-cutting creator.

different political perspectives?

Here's where it gets a little tricky. I see both sides of the political spectrum having its pros and cons on what God wants. I prefer to stay in the center and avoid supporting any political parties.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the problem I have with absolutism. What ever disadvanteges there are to "relativism", at least

so he doesn't like different opinions?

Did He create different opinions?

Pretty clearly in scripture God respects only His own opinion.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It's inevitable. In Heaven we will be in 100% agreement with God because we will have complete knowledge of what He wants instead of basing our opinions on what we think He wants.
So in Heaven there will be no need for opinions? Sounds good but hard to imagine. :)

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So in Heaven there will be no need for opinions? Sounds good but hard to imagine. :)

I guess it would depend what the opinion is on.

Things like morality and conduct, we will eventually all conform. Opinions on which ice cream flavor is better, we will still have that except we'll agree to disagree agreeably instead of acting like YouTubers.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The problem I have with claiming that Catholicism for instance is the only "way, truth and life" is that it immediately puts me in a position of superiority of those who aren't Catholic . It makes me hard to take seriously then,anyone who has a different perspective. In short it makes me arrogant. How can it not? If you are a Mormon or a Muslim, I am going to treat you patronisingly. "yes you mean well, but you are misguided I am afraid."
I choose Catholicism because there are enough broad-minded ecumenical Catholics who are far more intellectual, more informed than me, who continue to be Catholic. I am Catholic because that is what I was raised. And I've met enough catholics who have a sense of humour! :)

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
So you don't believe Christianity is objectivity true? That Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? I believe what your expression is relativity. Nothing is true, everything is true.
I struggle with it daily. Lack of faith. In other words, doubt.
For me faith is more a subjective truth than an objective truth. I need to get off these forums and do something about it, I know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Oh well I'm sorry to hear that. Do you think Catholicism could be a stumbling block? PS. I'm not Catholic.
Catholicism is the way to go if I choose Christianity. But I sometimes miss Buddhism, which I was into for along time.

Upvote 0

*Cher

Come home minie-cat!
Feb 8, 2017
Dallas
✟18,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's offensive to say to a Christian on what I thought was Christian forums. I'm new to this message board. I am at other Christian sites and I must say, and I hope I'm not out of line but a lot of beliefs here are a little weird. Especially the Catholics.

Upvote 0