Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Something else I think you fail to recognize, I respect science more than you think, it’s just not at the top of my bookshelf.

Perhaps we fail to recognise it because we've never seen you show anything close to respect for science in any of your threads or comments.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hasn't my whole argument been that we don't understand???
Who are you to claim that "we" don't understand.
Here are two pictures of science libraries.
LIBRARY%2BAND%2BINFORMATION%2BSCIENCE.png

engineering1.jpg

"We" know and understand more than you think. Until you have read and understood all the knowledge accumulated. All the books and papers, you have no say in what we do and don't understand.

bonus: below is a magnificent picture of another ancient library. It is n't a science library so not useful for the argument above, but just too beautiful to not be posted.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F1131475083%2F0x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
You seem to have a problem with the difference between 'understanding' and 'wanting to understand.'

I'll be honest, I've yet to see either from you in this thread.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well, to see would be to understand, so it sounds as though you're agreeing with me.

Not in the slightest. I see no desire from you to want to understand anything that you rail against, or even an understanding of what you're railing against.

• Agree
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not in the slightest. I see no desire from you to want to understand anything that you rail against, or even an understanding of what you're railing against.
I'm not railing, just trying to reply to posts. I guess my answers aren't what you want to hear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not railing, just trying to reply to posts. I guess my answers aren't what you want to hear.

You don't have answers though. And yes, you do rail against the theory of evolution, almost as much as Ahab against the whale.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You don't have answers though. And yes, you do rail against the theory of evolution, almost as much as Ahab against the whale.
I do like that movie, especially the older one. I think I read the book too, but its been a long time ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's funny that this whole thread started because Inquiring Mind just cannot accept the scientific fact that humans evolved from lower lifeforms.
All the way to trying to make me look like the 14th Earl of Gurney (the religious delusions of grandeur part).

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have a problem with the difference between 'understanding' and 'wanting to understand.'
Ah, so you do NOT want to understand. That is also pretty obvious from your posting history.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Indeed - when she asks for evidence, and receives it, she dismisses it or mocks it. Without trying to understand it, I might add.

Upvote 0