U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Except that there's evidence to support what I think and only claims for what you think. Big world of difference.
I guess so, but your body of evidece has more holes in it than the Bismarck.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
Back to the dumb accusations I guess. You just think humans had to split off something else, yet humans have always been human. I think humans have always been human and were created as such... what's so dumb about that?
Sounds like semantic quibbling. Humans have always been human by definition, but that doesn't mean that a population of humans cannot have evolved from proto-humans. But if you ask whether the ancestral lineage of humans has always been human, the answer is no.

The issue, in the evolutionary lineage of humans, is at what point the pre or proto-human lineage can be judged to have sufficiently human characteristics to be classified as human. There is no clear dividing line, it's a matter of judgement - just as there is no clear dividing line between youth and middle age or middle age and old age, yet they clearly justify having separate categories. It's an arbitrary division, and because in evolution it is judged in terms of populations, it's not possible to say that any one individual is human but had parents that were not human.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your claim was, "one story and a consistent message". Nothing about graves; smells like moving the goalposts...
Genesis to Revelation is a consistent story of how sin entered the world, how it played-out through various stories, and how God provided us a way to be saved from the consequences of sin in hell through His Son who died and rose again. All we need do is repent and receive Him as our personal Savior. So, you see Jesus’ empty tomb and His resurrection is the climax of the story.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well put... back at you regarding the Bible.

Au contraire, I am willing to approach the Bible in good faith when it comes to it being treated as it should be: a religious text.
It's when it's taken out of context and used as a scientific tool, then I don't really care.

You, on the other hand, have yet to actually even pretend to approach science and the theory of evolution in good faith. This thread is a great indicator.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... it's not possible to say that any one individual is human but had parents that were not human.
That's good enough for me.
Au contraire, I am willing to approach the Bible in good faith when it comes to it being treated as it should be: a religious text.
It's when it's taken out of context and used as a scientific tool, then I don't really care.

You, on the other hand, have yet to actually even pretend to approach science and the theory of evolution in good faith. This thread is a great indicator.
Au contraire, how many times have I stated that I think evolution takes place, just not to the extent you do???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
Genesis to Revelation is a consistent story of how sin entered the world, how it played-out through various stories, and how God provided us a way to be saved from the consequences of sin in hell through His Son who died and rose again. All we need do is repent and receive Him as our personal Savior. So, you see Jesus’ empty tomb and His resurrection is the climax of the story.
OK, and?

That's one particular story with one particular consistent message. Other religions have their own particular stories and their own particular consistent messages.

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think Genesis to Revelation is a lecture series by an American con man/preacher.
Random Caps Abuse is not helping you

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

A Bismark is *supposed* to have a hole in it. How else would you insert the filling?

Ich bin ein Berliner.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
That's just a story of a God trying to appease Himself for something that He created that did not live up to His own high standards.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,112.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
That's good enough for me
It is very difficult to believe that you have not knowingly taken a fragment of @FrumiousBandersnatch 's post out of context and, through your comment, implied that he has confirmed your beliefs. It is either cynically dishonest of you, or astoundingly silly. Either way it is not a pretty picture. Or perhaps, given my advancing senility, I just misunderstood what you meant. I await, eagerly, a reply.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are incapable of demonstrating this. Your feeble attempts (rare as they are) to actually support your position ends up being nothing more than regurgitated PRATTs.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is very difficult to believe that you have not knowingly taken a fragment of @FrumiousBandersnatch 's post out of context and, through your comment, implied that he has confirmed your beliefs. It is either cynically dishonest of you, or astoundingly silly. Either way it is not a pretty picture. Or perhaps, given my advancing senility, I just misunderstood what you meant. I await, eagerly, a reply.
No... you got it right.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, this is the only personal response of yours thus far that makes any sense whatsoever. Everything else just seems like a rant.
Every post of yours reads like a 5th grader mad that not everyone goes to your church.
While your statement is correct in and of itself, you seem ignorant to the fact that the bible recognizes and already acknowledges this human frailty.
Couldn't care less what the bible says - look at how its biggest defenders and advocates ACT.
Something else I think you fail to recognize, I respect science more than you think, it’s just not at the top of my bookshelf.
Your respect of science stops when it fails to prop up your interpretation of ancient middle eastern tales.
And regardless, you are very disingenuous considering this statement of yours:

"If you're speaking of macro evolution there will never be any proof of it; it would contradict God's word, and that's not going to happen."

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
Your respect of science stops when it fails to prop up your interpretation of ancient middle eastern tales.
And regardless, you are very disingenuous considering this statement of yours:

"If you're speaking of macro evolution there will never be any proof of it; it would contradict God's word, and that's not going to happen."
Quite - that's a categorically and definitively unscientific assertion.

Upvote 0