If endless conscious torments were true, is God a monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So why the need for a scape-goat in the Law? I disagree; the LOF is clearly physical. You may disagree as that is your prerogative.
You have to be kidding me? If you believe this you know nothing about the Old Testament and the Law of Moses. What is a LOF???

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have a lot of condemnation with no facts. I am not a Calvinist I told you that and I use scripture not my bias opinion.. If you are led by the spirit as you claim than show up what God's Word is saying. There are plenty here who have something to say relevant to the thread.
Yes, you have already made that declaration. Nonetheless the assumptions you make in your arguments are still rooted in Calivinistic doctrine. The Spirit does not lead into hardened hearts. Your mind is already made up, and so is mine, so there is no room for discussion. I have no interest in trying to dissuade you from your belief. I am sure you have the new birth and know the Lord already, so why should I argue with you. BibleTruth believes your doctrine is heretical and destructive to the unity of the faith. He may be right, but since you are "fighting" for you position, it is a waste of time in my opinion, to fight back. I have no further interest in this discussion.

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a pointless doctrine. We already know the salvation of the Lord, so there is no benefit in believing the doctrine. And for those who do not know, they will be saved anyway, according to your doctrine, so there is no point telling them either.
I will just ignore your post if you have nothing to say.

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that God is wrong? The Bible clearly says that those who have the mark of the beast will not be in heaven. Are you suggesting that they will one day? This is rank heresy!
The mark of the beast is our beastly carnal nature. Hitler had one, you have one we all have one. The greatest beast the world has ever known. You did not refute a thing. No I am not Scripture declares it. The verse you choose to ignore.
yes this might be true according to your opinion but I did not call you a heretic God's Word did. Do I need to re-post the verse?

Reactions: ClementofA
Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The mark of the beast is our beastly carnal nature. Hitler had one, you have one we all have one. The greatest beast the world has ever known. You did not refute a thing. No I am not Scripture declares it. The verse you choose to ignore.
yes this might be true according to your opinion but I did not call you a heretic God's Word did. Do I need to re-post the verse?

what complete devilish rubbish! The devil has deceived millions with his LIES that one day everyone will be in heaven! This is an INSULT to the Cross of Jesus and the Gospel!

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what complete devilish rubbish! The devil has deceived millions with his LIES that one day everyone will be in heaven! This is an INSULT to the Cross of Jesus and the Gospel!
Your insults are carnal shallow and all you are doing is showing your anger. If I am so wrong try using God's Word I have to time for carnality of the flesh.

• Winner
Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Your insults are carnal shallow and all you are doing is showing your anger. If I am so wrong try using God's Word I have to time for carnality of the flesh.

My anger is justified because of the demonic nonsense that is being pushed by those who are more interested in personal theology than the Word of God! They continue to attack the Bible and misuse it for their self promotion

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My anger is justified because of the demonic nonsense that is being pushed by those who are more interested in personal theology than the Word of God! They continue to attack the Bible and misuse it for their self promotion
I am the one USING God's Word. You are the one who is feeling sorry for your self seeing you brought up self. Try using scripture if you are so concerned with God's Word. I do. Heresy of Damning billions. Do you need the verse posted again?

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I am the one USING God's Word. You are the one who is feeling sorry for your self seeing you brought up self. Try using scripture if you are so concerned with God's Word. I do. Heresy of Damning billions. Do you need the verse posted again?

Do you understand new testament Greek?

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To be in heaven is to be in the presence of God
Yes that is true but the scriptures clearly do not teach that believers spend forever in heaven with God as you mistakenly assert as heaven is also a physical location.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have to be kidding me? If you believe this you know nothing about the Old Testament and the Law of Moses. What is a LOF???
Personal assassination only serves to weaken your view. I suggest you refrain from it. LOF = lake of fire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is starting to spiral....
giphy.gif

Reactions: Shempster
Upvote 0

Boaz308

Dec 27, 2017
Tulsa
✟10,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't read this whole thing, not even close actually. Here's the rub. The bible is either 100% true or it condemns itself as being false. So for the people that say "Oh, Jesus was a great prophet and a good man" The answer that a "Believer" has to give is no, if he isn't GOD then he was a crazy lunatic. Same goes for the written word a/k/a the bible. It's not really optional to believe most of it but not the parts you don't like, That is the same thing as believing none of it, because you don't believe it is the infallible word of GOD and all true. It's all or nothing people, that's just the way it is!

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If endless conscious torments were true, is God a monster?
So long as God has revealed to us that He is willing to suffer all of the torments due me and others because of our sins - and, indeed, has done exactly that even though He has never sinned and can never sin - I am willing to give such a Savior the benefit of the doubt in all that He does and not call Him a monster.

You go ahead and do that if you like. But I wouldn't trade places with you for all of the gold in all the world.

Upvote 0

Hewillcome2040

Dec 25, 2017
St. Louis
✟10,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I agree that the mark of the beast is our beastly carnal nature as well. Refreshing to see others that see that.

Upvote 0

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The fact remains that the teaching of universal salvation is a very dangerous lie from the devil and must be condemned strongly for the the soul destroying and hell sending heresy that it is

What a load of complete rubbish.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.