If Christmas didn't exist, the malls would close

earagun

Oct 29, 2011
✟852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just realized the whole crazy holiday season of gift giving is what malls and many businesses thrive on, if it were to end we would see malls closing nationwide, as they make over 50% of their yearly earnings in one month, and it carries them through the year, as the malls turn to ghost towns in other months following, I always wondered how they could keep their doors open, with so little business during the summer, as I escaped the heat with my kid to play inside the play area designed for kids, watching people in stores sit and read books passing the time, with absolutely not enough customers to pay the salary of the person watching the store.............but now I see how it works! ITS CHRISTMAS! the whole store economy is based on CHRISTMAS!

chris4243

Advocate of Truth
Mar 6, 2011
✟2,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just realized the whole crazy holiday season of gift giving is what malls and many businesses thrive on, if it were to end we would see malls closing nationwide, as they make over 50% of their yearly earnings in one month, and it carries them through the year, as the malls turn to ghost towns in other months following, I always wondered how they could keep their doors open, with so little business during the summer, as I escaped the heat with my kid to play inside the play area designed for kids, watching people in stores sit and read books passing the time, with absolutely not enough customers to pay the salary of the person watching the store.............but now I see how it works! ITS CHRISTMAS! the whole store economy is based on CHRISTMAS!

So the malls celebrate the birth of their savior, St Nicholas? Certainly explains all the fat bearded men seen during that season...

Upvote 0