If a tsunami tilted the earth what could a global flood do?

A4C

Secrecy and Christ likeness cannot co-exist
Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Praxiteles said:
You... just... do... not... listen. Do you?

Even if the earth were exactly the same as it was today, with ice caps, and deep oceans, it could still not absorb enough of the energy released to prevent it all from boiling. And you postulate a world that is already warmer, with less deep oceans and no ice caps!
On the contrary perhaps you are the one not listening. What I have stated is that in many respects the earth was significantly different pre flood compared to now There were much more tropical growth perhaps covering all of the earths surface (which was a necessity to support a large dinosaur population). There would be much more of that growth and it would be at higher altitude because it would be growing in good soils that once covered higher ground. That soil would now be the basis of the sediment layers now at significantly lower altitudes.
Now without that difference I might aknowledge that you have a point but your continual PRATT ing ignoring these changes is wearing just a little thin

Upvote 0
A4C said:
On the contrary perhaps you are the one not listening. What I have stated is that in many respects the earth was significantly different pre flood compared to now There were much more tropical growth perhaps covering all of the earths surface (which was a necessity to support a large dinosaur population). There would be much more of that growth and it would be at higher altitude because it would be growing in good soils that once covered higher ground. That soil would now be the basis of the sediment layers now at significantly lower altitudes.
Now without that difference I might aknowledge that you have a point but your continual PRATT ing ignoring these changes is wearing just a little thin

Yes, I know you keep stating that the earth was significantly different.

So what?

No matter what state it was in, it would soon have reached a temperature beyond that at which life could survive.

You can keep stating the the earth was different then all day if you like. It wouldn't alter the fact the it would all have been turned into superheated soup.

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
alerj123 said:
This would be enough to fry the earth.
Rubbish
There is only one source of energy available to "fry" this earth -the sun
Now could you explain in terms that make sense how that energy source suddenly increases in strength if there is a water canopy

Upvote 0
A4C said:
Rubbish
Now could you explain in terms that make sense how that energy source suddenly increases in strength if there is a water canopy

Rubbish.

Increased air pressure.

Water condensing from vapour.

Water from subterranean vaults.

All of these things would have released enough energy to destroy life on earth, either on their own or in concert.

The sun need have no direct impact.

Upvote 0

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Bane of Marbles
Apr 23, 2005
I am the monster that crawl around in your vents a
✟1,770.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
A4C said:
Rubbish

Seriously, dude, pressure cooker.

Maybe this will help you understand.

pressure417.jpg

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
A4C said:
The thing you're missing is that the pre-flood environment was different than what you've stated. The lush forests existed primarily on land masses near the Indian Ocean. The dinosaurs survived mostly on grass, and they shared the land with the buffalo and zebra. There was an infestation of microscopic pladulae about 300 years before Noah's birth. Therefore all rain that would have fallen in a global flood had remnants of this infestation. Now, the dinosaurs eventually built up an immunity, which is in the fossil record, but that didn't bode well for the zebra. We're not sure whether it affected the buffalo. (There are hints in ancient Sioux lore, but nothing definitive.) Anyway, if this global flood did happen like you say, there would be traces of pladulae in buffalo fossils, yet none have been found. Therefore, the flood probally didn't happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sheseala

Badger Mushroom Snake
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
✟15,656.00
Faith
Agnostic
If the vapor canopy was thin enough to see stars through, then there isn't enough water to cover the earth. Here's a fun math problem: During the 40 days, what was the cm/hr? What would it have to be in order to cover the earth?

If you say that the fountains of the deep opened up, then the pressurized water would have heated the world up. It would take quite the pressure as water doesn't compress very easily, and having enough to erupt until it covered the earth and have it continue to fill space below the earth. Plus, sections would collapse due to the support the water gave suddenly leaving.

Forgive my grammar and spelling, brain only half on this late...

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Praxiteles said:
Yes, I know you keep stating that the earth was significantly different.

So what?

No matter what state it was in, it would soon have reached a temperature beyond that at which life could survive.

You can keep stating the the earth was different then all day if you like. It wouldn't alter the fact the it would all have been turned into superheated soup.
OK so taking into consideration the changs I have alluded to explain how the same sun pre flood would have taken on a reverse role to what it has now ie less rain forest conditions more global warming

Note: Your reasoning says "More rain forest conditions more global warming."

One of us is wrong about global warming and I suspect it is you

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A4C said:
The vapour canopy covering the earth was not miles thick as you suppose because at least stars could be seen through it.
I think you better do your calculations again this time taking into consideration the distribution of global surface water, soil coverage and vegetation and the amout of energy available and its absorption.
So I checked out AiG's flood model, per your suggestion (see? somebody took your suggestion :) )

They suggest you go silent about the "vapour canopy".
To quote from AiG-
"Further modeling suggested that a maximum of 2 meters (6.5 feet) of water could be held in such a canopy, even if all relevant factors were adjusted to the best possible values to maximize the amount of water stored. Such a reduced canopy would not significantly contribute to the 40 days and nights of rain at the beginning of the Flood.
Many creation scientists are now either abandoning the water vapor canopy model or no longer see any need for such a concept
"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Bane of Marbles
Apr 23, 2005
I am the monster that crawl around in your vents a
✟1,770.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
The flood didn't deal with physics, it dealt with superphysics, which are a step or two more haphazzardous than "normal" physics. We simply cannot model such an increddible event with namby pamby 2005 physics, we need a chainsaw and some old furniture. I'll show ya' a flood. A flood of sawdust.

Upvote 0