If a Jerusalem temple is rebuilt, will you see that as a significant sign of the end?

If a Jerusalem temple is rebuilt, will you see that as a significant sign of the end?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's not going to be a Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount before Christ comes. The antichrist will take over the Temple Mount (if he hasn't already with the Dome of the Rock). The next Jewish Temple to be built is the one that is described in Ezekiel.

Herod the great fulfilled Ezekiel's temple vision, as far as brick & mortar, But the temple was ultimately fulfilled in Christ.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
U sure ur thumb is up ebed?

I'll never accept the amillennial interpretation. But it is not a salvation breaker, so I'll just mark it down that its your thing. I can't say the same for HF. That guy needs prayer for salvation.
That's the difference in us...I don't care about futurist, amill, or premill...what's paramount is "is it true to the word"?

I just showed you factually from the scriptures that Zechariah, Ezekiel and Isaiah's prophecies were before the rebuilding of the temple and that Israel was still dispersed and Judah in captivity.

You simply ignore that. So indeed the thumb is up because that's correct...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Certainly not! Read Ezekiel 40-48. It has not been fulfilled by any stretch of the imagination.
That's because it's not to be built.

All it really takes is compare Ezekiel 40-48 to Rev 21. The same city is there, but there's no temple.

That's because Jesus became the temple cornerstone, the apostles are the foundation, and believers are the living stones.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Herod the great fulfilled Ezekiel's temple vision, as far as brick & mortar, But the temple was ultimately fulfilled in Christ.
You don't know much about Ezekiel's temple do you.

Ezekiel's temple does not have the same measurements as Herod's Temple, nor does it have the same law attached to it.

Herod's Temple has nothing to do with Ezekiel's temple, they are two completely different Temples, being constructed differently.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
21 In the first month, in the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten.
22 And upon that day shall the prince prepare for himself and for all the people of the land a bullock for a sin offering.
23 And seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the Lord, seven bullocks and seven rams without blemish daily the seven days; and a kid of the goats daily for a sin offering.
24 And he shall prepare a meat offering of an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and an hin of oil for an ephah.
25 In the seventh month, in the fifteenth day of the month, shall he do the like in the feast of the seven days, according to the sin offering, according to the burnt offering, and according to the meat offering, and according to the oil.

Do you see what happens here Bowl?

Never before in the history of Israel has a bull been offered on the 14th day of the 7th month.

Why has Ezekiel changed it?

What you are looking at is all the Holy days taking place on the 14th of Nisan{Passover}

That the Bull of Sukkot, and the offering of Yom Kippor and Shavuot is all done on a single day.

That is to say, that Jesus came as a lamb for Passover and he was the only bull offered on Passover, the only Yom kippor offered on Passover.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea what you're talking about. Your posts are too long.

I don't care about fulfilled OT prophecies either. I live in the present reality in Christ Jesus.

The present reality in Jesus is that we are in the endtimes.

I'm a full Preterist anyway, so I don't treasure those "prophecies" on & on & on as you do.

The end time prophecies are the present reality in Christ Jesus. These are the most exciting times to be alive. Look up our redemption draws near.

Doug

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, all it takes is to compare Ezekiel 40-48 where there are animal sacrifices on the altar in the Temple and compare it to Rev 21 to see that the two are completely different.
When you don't understand those are spiritual sacrifices...that's how you don't get it.

This is the problem...because Hebrews says clearly after Christ sacrifice there remains no sacrifices for sin.

So you have a problem.

But when you understand we believers become the sacrifices in serving God...you find the answer in Romans 12:1:
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

That's how it works...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Run that by me again. It's talking about the first month (Passover) and the 7th month (Trumpets, Atonement and Tabernacles)

ok, I'm comparing Ezekiel to Lev 23...

Here's Passover:

Lev 23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover.
6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
9 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:
11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.
12 And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the Lord.
13 And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.
14 And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

Here's Tabernacles:

34 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the Lord.
35 On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
36 Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein.
37 These are the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:
38 Beside the sabbaths of the Lord, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the Lord.
39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the Lord seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.
40 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days.
41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the Lord seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.
42 Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:
43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
44 And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the Lord.

Ok, I see that it's very different from what God told them to do in Lev 23. And yes, a bull is offered on the 14th of the 1st month, and for seven days. Very different!

It makes sense that Jesus is the Yom Kippur. God said He would make atonement, He would redeem them.

Yup, its all the sacrifices on the same day. Not only the main 3 feasts, he had to be ALL of the sacrifices on Nisan 14.

It also point to all the feast days occurring on a single day in the future.

But that scripture in Ezekiel has never been fulfilled unless we say it is Jesus, because Bulls of Sukkot are not ever offered on Passover, nor is the Yom Kippor and Svavuot.

But there is still something missing.

I just thought It may interest you because what is going on in Ezekiel in that scripture is a totally new thing in the world.

All those sacrifices had to be done, John had to cut his head cut off, and Judas has to have his intestines displayed part of the sacrifice.
John's head had to be viewed by Herod and Judas intestines had to be displayed.

He even had to be the dove and all the sacrifices but these things are hard to understand.

There are also fulfillments of scripture from Daniel occurring as we speak.

That Damascus thing is the very last thing that happens. So we are extremely near.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And after the fullness of the gentiles is come in? After the "day of salvation" is over?

There's a time limit on accepting Jesus' sacrifice for your sins. Once Jesus comes, it's back to the Law and sacrifices and keeping of the Feasts, until the end of the millennium.
After the fullness of the Gentiles the Spirit is poured out on the ethnic Jews, who will be grated back into the olive tree with the Gentiles (Romans 11).

There is NO time limit on Christ atonement that would be counter to God's Word!

Hebrews says Christ's sacrifice was ONCE AND FOR ALL.
Zech 14:16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The Lord will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.
20 On that day holy to the Lord will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the Lord’s house will be like the sacred bowls in front of the altar. 21 Every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the Lord Almighty, and all who come to sacrifice will take some of the pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the Lord Almighty.
Nope. Why do you think Rev 21:3, 4 says:
3And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,
4and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

There's your Feast of Tabernacles...it's ETERNITY WHERE WE DWELL WITH GOD AND JESUS!!! :thumbsup: :amen: :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ebedmelech said:
That's the difference in us...I don't care about futurist, amill, or premill...what's paramount is "is it true to the word"?

I just showed you factually from the scriptures that Zechariah, Ezekiel and Isaiah's prophecies were before the rebuilding of the temple and that Israel was still dispersed and Judah in captivity.

You simply ignore that. So indeed the thumb is up because that's correct...:thumbsup:

You missed the part about the world wide regathering and the second world wide regathering, you ignored both. That's called intellectual dishonesty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You missed the part about the world wide regathering and the second world wide regathering, you ignored both. That's called intellectual dishonesty.
No I didn't...that regathering is ALL of God's people..."True Israel". Why do you think Paul says "with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,"?

Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The present reality in Jesus is that we are in the endtimes.

As a full Preterist, that is not the truth about my "present reality."
Just sayin' :)

These are the most exciting times to be alive. Look up our redemption draws near.

Doug

Thanks, but I'm a sinner, saved by grace a long time ago. See "me" look up in this picture? The "Living Water" (the Holy Spirit) is my reality in Christ Jesus!
May we all have that wonderful relationship with Him through the Spirit!

x2ly.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ebedmelech said:
No I didn't...that regathering is ALL of God's people..."True Israel". Why do you think Paul says "with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,"?

Israel : Jacob the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham. True Israel the descendants of Abraham Isaac and Ishmael I mean Jacob.

Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Israel : Jacob the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham. True Israel the descendants of Abraham Isaac and Ishmael I mean Jacob.

Gal 3:26-29,
Sons and Heirs

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For one, Jesus didn't return immediately after 70 AD. He says that He will return (Matthew 24:29-31) immediately after the greatest distress that has ever happened and will ever happen.

Greatest Tribulation Ever
Matthew 24:21
For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
The language that Jesus used in Matt. 24:21 is a hyperbole, an extreme exaggeration to make a point. Jesus applied this verse to the destruction of Jerusalem in the Jewish War (66-70 A.D). This kind of symbolic language was common in the Old Testament whereas if it is taken literally it yields contradictions. For example compare the following two verses.
2 Kings 18:5
He (Hezekiah) trusted in the LORD God of Israel, so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor who were before him.
2 Kings 23:25
Now before him (Josiah) there was no king like him, who turned to the LORD with all his heart, with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the Law of Moses; nor after him did any arise like him
How can Hezekiah and Josiah both be the most devoted kings of all time. They cannot. The language is obviously hyperbolic. This hyperbolic language was also applied to other earthly judgments besides 70 A.D.
Exodus 10:14
And the locusts went up over all the land of Egypt and rested on all the territory of Egypt. They were very severe; previously there had been no such locusts as they, nor shall there be such after them.
Exodus 11:6
Then there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as was not like it before, nor shall be like it again.
Ezekiel 5:9
And I will do among you what I have never done, and the like of which I will never do again, because of all your abominations
Daniel 9:12
And He has confirmed His words, which He spoke against us and against our judges who judged us, by bringing upon us a great disaster; for under the whole heaven such has never been done as what has been done to Jerusalem.
Daniel 12:1
"At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered,

Joel 2:2
A day of darkness and gloominess,
A day of clouds and thick darkness,
Like the morning clouds spread over the
mountains.
A people come, great and strong,
The like of whom has never been;
Nor will there ever be any such after them,
Even for many successive generations
So Matt. 24:21 is a hyperbole borrowed from the Old Testament used to describe the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

Follow the yellow brick road.....

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
coraline said:
Gal 3:26-29,
Sons and Heirs

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You're still a woman
And still not a jew

Upvote 0