Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So you seem to be saying that scripture is not a direct revelation from God, am I right?

Is a straight answer to hard to do do?

I asked a simple question, do you or do you not see scripture as a direct revelation from God?

If you really think that will aid the discussion on icons...

no.

If you want to know why, you will have start another thread because it doesn't have anything to do with icons. Otherwise, I'm waiting you for to tie this back together.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes that is what Mary Baker Eddy, Joseph Smith, Ellen G. White and others would say as well.

What about the yet unfulfilled prophecies? how are they revealed?

I see you are still selectively replying. This is not a problem to you?

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't think simon was asking for an equivalency, Thekla. I think all he was asking for was an affirmation that scripture (revealed truth) is revealed by God.

It's probably no slippery slope to go ahead & risk a "yes".

Even Protestants, if only like stopped clocks, can be right twice a day.

Have it occurred to you and others that a yes and no answer is NOT always the best answer as there are gray areas? just saying here... The scripture is an account of God's revelation and of course truth. But God did not personally wrote the scripture...Did He? Or Christ? Now that is one black and white question to ask..is it?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Philothei The word of God as Christ works in the Church His Bride. So If Christ is married to he Church I think obviously again that is a Holy union.
:thumbsup:

John 3:29 The one having the bride bridegroom is.
The yet friend of the bridegroom, the one standing and hearing Him, to joy is rejoicing because of the voice of the bridegroom.
This then my joy has been filled.

NKJV) Revelation 21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Would anyone be interested in me creating a thread on the above post? :wave:

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why is no one responding to any of my posts except thru rep messages...sigh :sorry:

:wave: Hey LLOJ :) my bad sorry :) I loved the video you posted :) I just finished watching it and did not want to derail... But and thanks for posting it :)

:hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Would anyone be interested in me creating a thread on the above post? :wave:

Sure it would make one interesting topic for considering how the HS is active in the Church and the Church as the Bride etc. Let me know if you start it :)

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you really think that will aid the discussion on icons...

no.

If you want to know why, you will have start another thread because it doesn't have anything to do with icons. Otherwise, I'm waiting you for to tie this back together.
One last point just to clarify, you say they are not direct do you say they as well are not a divine revelation whether direct or not?

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes that is what Mary Baker Eddy, Joseph Smith, Ellen G. White and others would say as well.

What about the yet unfulfilled prophecies? how are they revealed?

ah... we are not saying we should add revelation here. But nevertheless there is more revealed than what is written :

John 21;25
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

So are you implying that anything else that was done by Jesus IS NOT revelation? So whatever is taking place in our churches today (healings, miracles etc) is NOT a revelation of God? Any type of revelation in our times is of the "evil" one then the Holy Spirit fails to be active in our times and Christ who says that the paraklete the spirit of Truth is Not true or the Paraklete is not able to act ???

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't listen to Kenny G and I don't eat hot dogs...not much else to say:p
To each his own. ;)
I get indigestion when I eat 'em, but then I load 'em up with beanless chili, grated cheese, onions, mushrooms and relish :)

Young) Colossians 2:16 Let no one then judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon/noumhniaV <3561> or of sabbaths,

http://www.christianforums.com/t7538322/
Romans 14:14,15 Did Paul declare all foods clean?

Upvote 0
T

Thekla

:)
Did you know July is actually designated as National Hot Dog month :thumbsup:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7576320-5/#post58002615

Did you know?
July is National Hot Dog Month
What are hot dogs made of?

Whether it is pork or beef that is stuffed into a hot dog, the meat trimmings are carefully selected just like the meat you buy in your grocer's coolers.
Most recipes for hot dogs combine together a tasty blend of favorite meats (pork, beef, chicken, or turkey),

Hey, I was born in hot dog month ^_^

Who knew ?

(guess I know what b-day dinner will be in 2012 ;))

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
To each his own. ;)
I get indigestion when I eat 'em, but then I load 'em up with beanless chili, grated cheese, onions, mushrooms and relish :)

Young) Colossians 2:16 Let no one then judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon/noumhniaV <3561> or of sabbaths,

http://www.christianforums.com/t7538322/
Romans 14:14,15 Did Paul declare all foods clean?
I cannot fathom a life of justifying everything we do with scripture ^_^^_^ but this is cool hehe...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot fathom a life of justifying everything we do with scripture ^_^^_^ but this is cool hehe...
Really? why not, you don't think the God of this universe gave us this word in part so we are able to live in a fallen world and still have hope and joy, and a light yoke? scripture should be our standard for living.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know. Did a Catholic answer yes to this exact question?
from forums.catholic.com

Does the catholic church view scriptures as a divine revelation from God?

Yes.

From the Catechism

Quote:
105 God is the author of Sacred Scripture. "The divinely revealed realities, which are contained and presented in the text of Sacred Scripture, have been written down under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit."69

"For Holy Mother Church, relying on the faith of the apostolic age, accepts as sacred and canonical the books of the Old and the New Testaments, whole and entire, with all their parts, on the grounds that, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, they have God as their author, and have been handed on as such to the Church herself."70

106 God inspired the human authors of the sacred books. "To compose the sacred books, God chose certain men who, all the while he employed them in this task, made full use of their own faculties and powers so that, though he acted in them and by them, it was as true authors that they consigned to writing whatever he wanted written, and no more."71

Upvote 0
G

GratiaCorpusChristi

Really? why not, you don't think the God of this universe gave us this word in part so we are able to live in a fallen world and still have hope and joy, and a light yoke? scripture should be our standard for living.

But not everything we do is determined by Scripture. Not every little facet of our lives. We live within a Scriptural framework, but Scripture doesn't tell us what to do in every circumstance.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So the orthodox and catholic hold a different view on this?
From what I understand, they do have a few differences :sorry:

What did 1 lung say to the other lung:
"Hey! Quit hogging all the air!"

http://www.christianforums.com/t7490477/
Question on "2 Lungs" of the Church

iron lungs

images

Upvote 0