• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I was talking to my mom about the Mark of the Beast, then forgot what I said

Jul 12, 2012
California
✟41,185.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was talking to my mom about thoughts of taking the mark of the beast along with what scripture says about someone who does: They will for sure go to hell, and cannot enter heaven. I don't want to take the mark of the beast, but she said she would try and convince me not to take it if I had such thoughts. The problem is that I can't remember anything said past then and that was the most important thing to remember, how I responded to what she said.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you know the number 6 in Hebrew is something that looks like a "7"

So a "777" might be seen by a Jew as a "666"

Doesn't matter whose "translation" is more substantial but the number 777 being subscribed to God is unbiblical.

The letter equivalent of 6 in Hebrew is also V or W...

Thus, www (world wide web) can also be seen as 666.

The new Google logo is also a literal 666 (overlapped in a circle).

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Having no memory of a discussion or losing track of time doesn't (usually) have anything to do with spiritual issues, our memories sometimes just have lapses.

Did you move from room to room while you were talking to her? Memories can be location-specific so if you went through a doorway it could have caused you to forget.

Upvote 0

Strachan

Serving the most High
Jul 27, 2013
Mandurah, Western Australia
✟11,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@CrystalDragon

How do you know? On what experience do you draw to conclude that answer?

My experience is different, in having observed this personally first hand. Very same issue, and not just about ""the mark of the beast", but of becoming or being "the anti-Christ."

So what I have experienced is different to yours and God has brought me into spiritual warfare and into the deliverance ministry.

So please share why you come to your conclusion, based on what, science ? Medical opinions?

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
@CrystalDragon

How do you know? On what experience do you draw to conclude that answer?

My experience is different, in having observed this personally first hand. Very same issue, and not just about ""the mark of the beast", but of becoming or being "the anti-Christ."

So what I have experienced is different to yours and God has brought me into spiritual warfare and into the deliverance ministry.

So please share why you come to your conclusion, based on what, science ? Medical opinions?

Scientific studies and personal experience, that's how. I've had plenty of experiences where I've walked into a room and forgot what I was doing or went in there to get, and scientific studies have shown that happens:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.forb...does-make-you-forget-heres-why/?client=safari

Upvote 0

Strachan

Serving the most High
Jul 27, 2013
✟11,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever.

Still - How do you know it is not spiritual ? Science cannot prove or disprove spiritual matters, in the same way science cannot prove there is no God - there is.
The fact that you yourself may have experienced memory lapses does not prove that it is not spiritual.

I am not saying all memory lapses is spiritual, yet I asked questions which the OP has not as yet answered. Frequent memory lapses combined with time loss is a definite indicator of possible spiritual issues. And if you combine that with the particular context of the discussion he was having, then the greater the probability of spiritual issues yet again. Discussion around the beast or anti-Christ is some typical triggers for spiritual issues to manifest itself at times.

Memory lapses on its own is not a big deal, but if you start adding the other issues mentioned above it increases the probability. Now if the OP give more info, and if there are more symptoms then a more informed assessment can be made. However to dismiss the spiritual possibility is wrong, in the same way that to outright dismiss medical options would be wrong. Both medical and spiritual options should be considered.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Whatever.

Still - How do you know it is not spiritual ? Science cannot prove or disprove spiritual matters, in the same way science cannot prove there is no God - there is.
The fact that you yourself may have experienced memory lapses does not prove that it is not spiritual.

I am not saying all memory lapses is spiritual, yet I asked questions which the OP has not as yet answered. Frequent memory lapses combined with time loss is a definite indicator of possible spiritual issues. And if you combine that with the particular context of the discussion he was having, then the greater the probability of spiritual issues yet again. Discussion around the beast or anti-Christ is some typical triggers for spiritual issues to manifest itself at times.

Memory lapses on its own is not a big deal, but if you start adding the other issues mentioned above it increases the probability. Now if the OP give more info, and if there are more symptoms then a more informed assessment can be made. However to dismiss the spiritual possibility is wrong, in the same way that to outright dismiss medical options would be wrong. Both medical and spiritual options should be considered.

Note in my post I didn't completely discount spiritual issues. I said usually it's not spiritual issues.

I'm sure many devout Christians with little spiritual uncertainties have experienced such memory lapses and time losses, so it can't be said that if that happens it's a spiritual issue. It could be, but not always, or not even most of the time.

Upvote 0

Strachan

Serving the most High
Jul 27, 2013
✟11,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I am well aware - as I indicated "it could be possible indicators".

The point is how do you know it usually isn't? Unless you have specific experience in working with both spiritual warfare (deliverance), and also with the body (medically) and can therefor speak with authority, such a statement might be completely wrong given the parameters. The OP did not mention time lapse, I did - as a question.

Anyhow, not worth arguing further.

I hope the OP gets his answers. Let's both pray for him.

God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums