london
✟17,500.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want Heaven to be basically an eternity kneeling and/or lying face down before God worshipping him and praising him and nothing else, just give him full devotion for eternity. i really hope one day i'm getting the chance to kneel/lie face down before him forever,and thank him for allowing me the privilege. i've heard a few different theories on what Heaven is like but the only one i really feel good about is the one people say would be boring, an eternal church service type worship, face down before God for eternity worshipping and singing his praises. Some of the other ideas on Heaven allow us too many privileges i think, i think we should consider being allowed to worship with our faces on the floor for eternity the only privilege we need and deserve in Heaven The true purpose and the true joy of Heaven is getting to worship GOD and praise him for eternity. This to me is honestly how i hope Heaven is going to be, and i know not everyone wants it to be like that but honestly i want to serve and worship for eternity in the most intense and devoted way possible.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I want Heaven to be basically an eternity kneeling and/or lying face down before God worshipping him and praising him and nothing else, just give him full devotion for eternity. i really hope one day i'm getting the chance to kneel/lie face down before him forever,and thank him for allowing me the privilege. i've heard a few different theories on what Heaven is like but the only one i really feel good about is the one people say would be boring, an eternal church service type worship, face down before God for eternity worshipping and singing his praises. Some of the other ideas on Heaven allow us too many privileges i think, i think we should consider being allowed to worship with our faces on the floor for eternity the only privilege we need and deserve in Heaven The true purpose and the true joy of Heaven is getting to worship GOD and praise him for eternity. This to me is honestly how i hope Heaven is going to be, and i know not everyone wants it to be like that but honestly i want to serve and worship for eternity in the most intense and devoted way possible.

We would be doing that. But, there are also other things Isaiah said we would be doing like planting vineyards and building houses, building upon the New Earth ...etc. The New Jerusalem will be the Capital city of the world but, it will not be the only city accord to him.

Don't get me wrong, Isaiah also says saved or not saved we will also be worshipping God day and night but, full on 24/7 groveling is not what we will be doing.

The moment I meet Jesus I'm going to be bowing down before him and groveling at his feet and thanking him for everything whether I'm going to be punished or not. The moment I meet the Father I will be doing the same and he will be the Father I never had for eternity.

But, like we have other ways of entertaining us here on Earth and we don't give full 24/7 service to God, our eternity will not be the same either.

Upvote 0

Ryan2021

Jan 7, 2021
london
✟17,500.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We would be doing that. But, there are also other things Isaiah said we would be doing like planting vineyards and building houses, building upon the New Earth ...etc. The New Jerusalem will be the Capital city of the world but, it will not be the only city accord to him.

Don't get me wrong, Isaiah also says saved or not saved we will also be worshipping God day and night but, full on 24/7 groveling is not what we will be doing.

The moment I meet Jesus I'm going to be bowing down before him and groveling at his feet and thanking him for everything whether I'm going to be punished or not. The moment I meet the Father I will be doing the same and he will be the Father I never had for eternity.

But, like we have other ways of entertaining us here on Earth and we don't give full 24/7 service to God, our eternity will not be the same either.

i understand all that but we won't be planting vineyards and building houses 24/7 for eternity either

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
i understand all that but we won't be planting vineyards and building houses 24/7 for eternity either

No scripture doesn't give an account on EXACTLY what we will be doing every moment of eternity you're right and I never said that our time wouldn't be spent keeling before God either. In fact, time will be endless. I would assume there would be something else to be done after we're done building up the New Earth though. Like, why would God make a New Heaven? What would be the purpose of that if we weren't to explore it? The heavens are more than just what we see in the sky it's also outer space as vast as it is. It's speculation ofc but I think that it would be likely be part of what we would be doing also. Because, what would be the point of God making a solar system that we would never see?

We would have no need for a temple but if we're building cities and sources of fantastic food you would think part of our old life would be existent in our new life as well. And you would think planting vineyards would be done effortlessly because, as I'm sure you remember tilling the ground and backbreaking labor was part of the curse that God placed on man for betraying him.

But, whatever we would be doing, it's guaranteed to be for the glory of God and we would be giving God our full attention constantly 24/7. It's hard to perceive in our sinful bodies right now how that can be possible. But, it's true.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

More likely just one day a week. Like now. But with constant prayer and companionship. The size of the current Cosmos is an indication of the amount and diversity of tasks we will have to do. \Most people enjoy keeping busy. Helping others is very rewarding. Likely that is our future in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

God already has angels that do that, He has a better plan for His imagebearers. The plan for us was to have dominion on the Earth and that plan has not been abandoned.
Understand that by obeying God in ruling and reigning and ministering to His (new) creation you are worshiping Him in everything that you do. When God tells you to build things and you do it, it is to His glory. When God tells you to plant and reap and you do it, it is to His glory. Every act of obedience is an act of worship. Every act of thanksgiving is an act of worship. Every act of love is an act of worship, and every time you show care to the things He has created and minister to them in His name, it is an act of worship, because we will see every good quality of those things as being reflections of our Lord.
Our activities will be multitude and they will all be done in the context of worshiping God.
God would probably find millions of people just on their knees for eternity really boring. He gave you feet and hands to do things for Him. If He wanted robots that just were on their faces every second for the rest of existence, He wouldn't have given free will, we'd be robots.

Upvote 0

Ryan2021

Jan 7, 2021
london
✟17,500.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe Heaven is where we really start to get busy, not where we go to retire.

Do you think we'll be working hard as God's slaves? i hope so
No scripture doesn't give an account on EXACTLY what we will be doing every moment of eternity you're right and I never said that our time wouldn't be spent keeling before God either. In fact, time will be endless. I would assume there would be something else to be done after we're done building up the New Earth though. Like, why would God make a New Heaven? What would be the purpose of that if we weren't to explore it? The heavens are more than just what we see in the sky it's also outer space as vast as it is. It's speculation ofc but I think that it would be likely be part of what we would be doing also. Because, what would be the point of God making a solar system that we would never see?

We would have no need for a temple but if we're building cities and sources of fantastic food you would think part of our old life would be existent in our new life as well. And you would think planting vineyards would be done effortlessly because, as I'm sure you remember tilling the ground and backbreaking labor was part of the curse that God placed on man for betraying him.

But, whatever we would be doing, it's guaranteed to be for the glory of God and we would be giving God our full attention constantly 24/7. It's hard to perceive in our sinful bodies right now how that can be possible. But, it's true.

Well i like the thought of simply being God's slave for eternity. i don't really expect or want anything else out of it other than eternal enslavement, praise and worship before God. Thats why i say if God puts me to be face down on the ground for eternity i'll be rejoicing in my eternal worship while staring at the ground for eternity.
God already has angels that do that, He has a better plan for His imagebearers. The plan for us was to have dominion on the Earth and that plan has not been abandoned.
Understand that by obeying God in ruling and reigning and ministering to His (new) creation you are worshiping Him in everything that you do. When God tells you to build things and you do it, it is to His glory. When God tells you to plant and reap and you do it, it is to His glory. Every act of obedience is an act of worship. Every act of thanksgiving is an act of worship. Every act of love is an act of worship, and every time you show care to the things He has created and minister to them in His name, it is an act of worship, because we will see every good quality of those things as being reflections of our Lord.
Our activities will be multitude and they will all be done in the context of worshiping God.
God would probably find millions of people just on their knees for eternity really boring. He gave you feet and hands to do things for Him. If He wanted robots that just were on their faces every second for the rest of existence, He wouldn't have given free will, we'd be robots.

i didn't say millions of people should be kneeling, i just wish that those of us who want to be on our knees for eternity can serve God in that way. But i understand it not for us to choose how we serve.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Do you think we'll be working hard as God's slaves? i hope so
It won't feel like hard work, the toil and tiredness and pain come from the curse.

Well i like the thought of simply being God's slave for eternity. i don't really expect or want anything else out of it other than eternal enslavement, praise and worship before God. Thats why i say if God puts me to be face down on the ground for eternity i'll be rejoicing in my eternal worship while staring at the ground for eternity.

John 15:14-15
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
We are more than just slaves to God. If that's all God saw us as is slaves, Christianity would be like any other religion out there. Most religions teach about powerful gods that you're a slave to.
Christianity is the one where you're not just a servant, but have a personal relationship with your Creator who has adopted us as His sons and daughters, and collectively as His begotten Son's bride. It is a deeper relationship than just being a slave.
We will serve Him, but as our Father.

i didn't say millions of people should be kneeling, i just wish that those of us who want to be on our knees for eternity can serve God in that way. But i understand it not for us to choose how we serve.
Maybe that is what you personally will do, but as His people, that is not what we are all called to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have every reason to believe that, just as in the here and now, God will be giving us most of our time to ourselves.

At this point in time he only asks for one day to be devoted to him, and though its a very good idea to set that day aside for God, and it will cost us if we do not, I dont think its a deal complete deal breaker if we do not.

God knows we can have too much of any thing and constant 24/7 worship would be way too much, even torturous. Not that its not a nice thought, but I think after time you'd get very tired of what you are wanting.

God is so generous, he did so much for us, right on down to creating us, so I seen no reason he won't be as generous with giving us our own time, just as he always has.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I think that is a beautiful thought. I can imagine being DRIVEN to it upon seeing the I AM!

Reactions: Ryan2021
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have every reason to believe that, just as in the here and now, God will be giving us most of our time to ourselves.

At this point in time he only asks for one day to be devoted to him, and though its a very good idea to set that day aside for God, and it will cost us if we do not, I dont think its a deal complete deal breaker if we do not.

God knows we can have too much of any thing and constant 24/7 worship would be way too much, even torturous. Not that its not a nice thought, but I think after time you'd get very tired of what you are wanting.

God is so generous, he did so much for us, right on down to creating us, so I seen no reason he won't be as generous with giving us our own time, just as he always has.

That's the real thing though, it will be 24/7 worship because any time you are obeying God, acknowledging His Lordship and that He is the creator of all things, it is worship. But what God will command you to do in eternity, will be something you actually want to do, and you'll enjoy doing it. So it won't even feel like work or toil. It'd be something you'd want to do even if not commanded, it'd be like God is PERMITTING you to do what you wanted, even though that desire to do it originated from Him in the first place. There is thanksgiving in that, and that is, more worship.

I look at the incredible complexity and diversity of creation itself as a testimony that God doesn't want people to just be on their faces in front of His throne forever, God isn't that boring.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's the real thing though, it will be 24/7 worship because any time you are obeying God, acknowledging His Lordship and that He is the creator of all things, it is worship. But what God will command you to do in eternity, will be something you actually want to do, and you'll enjoy doing it. So it won't even feel like work or toil. It'd be something you'd want to do even if not commanded, it'd be like God is PERMITTING you to do what you wanted, even though that desire to do it originated from Him in the first place. There is thanksgiving in that, and that is, more worship.

I look at the incredible complexity and diversity of creation itself as a testimony that God doesn't want people to just be on their faces in front of His throne forever, God isn't that boring.

God isn't going to force us to like anything.

Hey, he went to a lot of trouble to sll3owus free will, why stop in heaven?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
God isn't going to force us to like anything.

Hey, he went to a lot of trouble to sll3owus free will, why stop in heaven?

that's not what I meant..
what I meant is that, God has created us all with certain things we like and certain things we don't like to do. Those likes and dislikes originate from God, there's predispositions in your personality in your genetics, and part of it is shaped by the events that happen to you, which God controls. So God can influence your personality by having given you predispositions before you were even born, and continued to shape you by working through your life.
People don't just through sheer free will decide, I'm going to be a pianist. They can try but without any God given talent, it won't work out well. Without being in an environment that allows them to develop that skill, it's not going to work out well.
On the other hand if they have a predisposition to be musically inclined, and God puts it on the parent's heart to get them piano lessons and a piano at home to be able to work on the skill, they'll be more inclined to choose that occupation because they're good at it, they've been encouraged in it, and they are more likely to enjoy it because they're good at it and have been encouraged.
They can still decide "I don't want to be a pianist" despite these things
But it is unlikely they will choose to want to do something or like doing something they are bad at and have never been encouraged in doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that's not what I meant..
what I meant is that, God has created us all with certain things we like and certain things we don't like to do. Those likes and dislikes originate from God, there's predispositions in your personality in your genetics, and part of it is shaped by the events that happen to you, which God controls. So God can influence your personality by having given you predispositions before you were even born, and continued to shape you by working through your life.
People don't just through sheer free will decide, I'm going to be a pianist. They can try but without any God given talent, it won't work out well. Without being in an environment that allows them to develop that skill, it's not going to work out well.
On the other hand if they have a predisposition to be musically inclined, and God puts it on the parent's heart to get them piano lessons and a piano at home to be able to work on the skill, they'll be more inclined to choose that occupation because they're good at it, they've been encouraged in it, and they are more likely to enjoy it because they're good at it and have been encouraged.
They can still decide "I don't want to be a pianist" despite these things
But it is unlikely they will choose to want to do something or like doing something they are bad at and have never been encouraged in doing.

Sorry to insinuate you meant that, I know you didn't.

I suppose we will understand more once we get there, but either way, its going to be beyond nice.

Upvote 0

Ryan2021

Jan 7, 2021
london
✟17,500.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that is a beautiful thought. I can imagine being DRIVEN to it upon seeing the I AM!

Maybe we'll both be lying together side by side with our faces down for eternity. From the replies here we're the only two who seem like we'd be committed to this kind of worship.

Upvote 0