Africa
✟12,053.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SCRIPTURE: Then Jeremiah returned from Topheth, the garbage dump where he had delivered this message, and he stopped in front of the Temple of the Lord . He said to the people there, “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: ‘I will bring disaster upon this city and its surrounding towns as I promised, because you have stubbornly refused to listen to me (Jeremiah 19:14-15).

LESSON: Jeremiah's position as a speaker of God's perfect truth put him at odds with the false prophets and led to him making enemies, even within his own household. He was shunned by society and faced harassment from both lower-class and high-class individuals, leaving him largely isolated. Despite this, he remained steadfast in his commitment to speaking the truth, despite being a young man in the prime of his life. “For the Lord God will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed. 8 He is near who justifies Me; Who will contend with Me? Let us stand together. Who is [a]My adversary? Let him come near Me (Isa 50.7-8).

PRAYER: God give us the boldness and resolve of Jeremiah, to speak up for the truth (of your word).