Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,063.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lily - try not to worry - that only stresses you and brings you to the edge and then you go into 'overdrive'

We know you here - and we are here for you and support you when things are getting on top of you. Take a break whenever you need it - we will understand

Upvote 0

mothcorrupteth

Old Whig Monarchist, Classically Realpolitik
Jun 3, 2017
Huntsville, AL
✟42,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
i know ...they want me to be well ...sometimes i dont know when am ill
Lily, I have the same problem. I am bipolar, and there are times when I can't tell whether I'm in the right mind or not. It's scary and depressing, because I don't know whom to believe.

Do what helps you, and do it at a pace you feel comfortable with.

Many, many people tell themselves to "do what helps me" as a way to escape their responsibilities, or so that they can feel a surge of pride and self-esteem. And so, sometimes Christians get the idea that it's always wrong to tell themselves that. But sometimes, telling it to ourselves and believing it and acting on it, can be something that brings us closer to God.

I hope you find what brings you closer to God, whatever that is. And whatever you choose to do, I personally support your decision, and I'm glad to see you in our forums!

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,063.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lily - you don't have to apologise for not being here. Lots of us take wee breaks from time to time.

It's a lovely sunny day over here - hope it stays that way

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Lily, I have the same problem. I am bipolar, and there are times when I can't tell whether I'm in the right mind or not. It's scary and depressing, because I don't know whom to believe.

Do what helps you, and do it at a pace you feel comfortable with.

Many, many people tell themselves to "do what helps me" as a way to escape their responsibilities, or so that they can feel a surge of pride and self-esteem. And so, sometimes Christians get the idea that it's always wrong to tell themselves that. But sometimes, telling it to ourselves and believing it and acting on it, can be something that brings us closer to God.

I hope you find what brings you closer to God, whatever that is. And whatever you choose to do, I personally support your decision, and I'm glad to see you in our forums!

thank you for posting back to me and thank you for what you said i hoping to get closer to God i want to get closer to God .

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i thought i should bump this rather making another thread
i have been wanting to be Orthodox christian for a while now and am getting nowhere my husband will not allow me to go to an Orthodox church and he says i have to stay at the church am at at the moment i have a lot of friends there so i can understand why he will not let me but its frustating that i cant follow what i want to follow ... am needing to try and find my prayer book as i havent been praying like Orthodox prayers i am letting you all down and am sorry i want to do better please is there anything else i can do to make me more connected to Jesus and the Orthodox church

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
he woulnt go he told me i must stay at the church am at

Am in the same boat as you, dear. Very, very similar situation. Here is what you can do.

Continue to love your husband, pray for him, and let God work on him.

Learn and read when you can. The internet is a great, huge blessing. So is YouTube.

Pray as an Orthodox Christian in your heart. Love Christ and grow closer to His Saints. Lean on Mary. She is your Mom, too, and loves you.

Save some Orthodox Christian images and icons on your cell phone, venerate them as able, in private.

Just follow Christ as best you can, where you are. God loves you! Learn, grow, wait. With God, nothing is impossible.

Just wait. I, too, am waiting. Waiting is so, so hard! But sometimes the waiting is itself a spiritual exercise. God stretching our heart, to love him, and difficult spouses, more.

:crosseo:

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also struggle with mental health issues; depression, intrusive thoughts, grief. I get it. God understands, Grace. He does. He loves you. Just take tiny, little baby steps towards Him, everyday. He is already holding you up.

Qualities-of-Mother-Mary.jpg

You can do this. You've got tonnes of people here rooting for you! God is rooting for you, too, and more Saints than you or I can count! God bless you, Grace.

Upvote 0

Shawn P

Nov 15, 2018
Fairfield, Ohio
✟21,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
i thought i should bump this rather making another thread
i have been wanting to be Orthodox christian for a while now and am getting nowhere my husband will not allow me to go to an Orthodox church and he says i have to stay at the church am at at the moment i have a lot of friends there so i can understand why he will not let me but its frustating that i cant follow what i want to follow ... am needing to try and find my prayer book as i havent been praying like Orthodox prayers i am letting you all down and am sorry i want to do better please is there anything else i can do to make me more connected to Jesus and the Orthodox church

I am sorry to hear about this. Family issues like this can be difficult, especially when it's your spouse. I am afraid I don't have any good advice and will leave that up to those here that are smarter than I am, who have been in the Orthodox Faith longer. I just wanted to say I will be praying for you that this situation is resolved!

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0