Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I want to become ec but my husband will not let me go to any other church than the one am in now also i have been hurt by other churches before and i trust the people at the other church and i find it safe but i want to do this the more i look at the ec churches and icons the more i want to do this my husband dont like changes as he has problems with new things unsure what i can do

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they have services on days when your husband's church doesn't, you could ask to go to the Orthodox services on the off nights while still attending his church. This way you could put your foot in the door by establishing yourself elsewhere a little bit.

Just a suggestion.

Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lily - the Eastern Catholic Church [ not Orthodox] in Edinburgh does not use English in their Services - they use Ukrainian.

The Edinburgh Orthodox Churches do use some English - but not a lot

The Website of the Pan Orthodox Community in Edinburgh

Orthodox Community of St. Andrew

There is also a Russian Orthodox Church too

Edinburgh, Greenside Parish Church, 1b Royal Terrace, EH7 5AB – Deacon Mikhail Rozhkov
St Theneva parish in Edinburgh:
http://edinburgh.cerkov.ru

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
thank you for posting back to just told my husband he's not happy with this he says he going to tell my pastor who will try and change my mind i asked a few months back about this on the forum i since then have been having problems with addiction and mental health problems my husband thinks its because of my OCD and other mental health problems i would like to contact the edinburgh orthodox church but i am worried my husband will be angry if i do

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i had a talk with my husband he dont want me to become orthodox christian sorry for wasting all your time i hope i can still post in this forum and keep friendships here

Yes, and there are many good ones here at this website.

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
i had a talk with my husband he dont want me to become orthodox christian sorry for wasting all your time i hope i can still post in this forum and keep friendships here

you absolutely can stick around. be patient with this, God knows what He is doing.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
@_Lily_76
Is it right to leave spiritual decisions concerning your eternity in the hands of your husband?
I'd draw the line at my soul if I were you.
Women are to submit to their husband, but not when he's failing his mandate which is to serve the Lord with you.

I'm sorry if I'm stirring your spiritual life I really am , but this is not his decision to make.
If he makes this into an ultimatum then that's on him not you.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
You should talk to father about this. Perhaps it is better for you not to make the leap now or perhaps it actually is. An Orthodox priest would be the best place to seek advice.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i know my husband will not understand why i feel so strongly about this he wants me to talk to my pastor at the church because i have OCD will tell me its my OCD ( i have times where i have changed my faith in the past because of my mental health but that hasnt happened in a while and i feel like this isnt my mental health that making me want to become Orthodox its my soul screaming at me to do so

• Prayers
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lily - God will tell you in His time where He wants you to be - till then be the best person you can be -and keep on with your meds and groups to keep you as well as possible.
Yes, Lily, this.

God be with you. Prayers for you.

And God doesn't scream at us ... I know He would be gentle with your situation.

Maybe you could get into contact with a priest via email? I can promise, he wouldn't rush you either.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
i know my husband will not understand why i feel so strongly about this he wants me to talk to my pastor at the church because i have OCD will tell me its my OCD ( i have times where i have changed my faith in the past because of my mental health but that hasnt happened in a while and i feel like this isnt my mental health that making me want to become Orthodox its my soul screaming at me to do so

Ahh, that's an factor I didn't count in.
Prayers for your journey.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i need to leave this at the moment my pastor and husband are not happy about me being interested in orthodox christian faith i know its meant to be my choice but they say am unable mentally to make that choice for myself

Upvote 0