I totally understand why people leave this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanann

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2005
✟13,020.00
Faith
Christian
CasualJesus said:
I'm a newbie and one of the first things I see highlights the BAD things about the forum.

Look's like I have a lot to look forward to...

:p

Hi , lets find something that we can disagree with you on.

Maybe you see things differently than we do, and we both can learn from discussing our disagreements!

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
CasualJesus said:
I'm a newbie and one of the first things I see highlights the BAD things about the forum.

Look's like I have a lot to look forward to...

:p

It's not all bad, as we say round my neck of the woods. "There's nowt as queer as folk"

(nothing to do with homosexuality)

Upvote 0

RufusTheRevelator

Dec 2, 2005
✟155.00
Faith
Humanist
there are a lot of angry people in the world, the internet is just their way of venting thier emotions without being beaten up!
cheer up, their are some nice people out there. :)

incidently the one place you wont be asked to convert to mormonism is salt lake city, as almost everyone is already mormon!

Upvote 0

Zavala

Nov 19, 2005
✟209.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
FLANDIDLYANDERS said:
So, been reading all over posts saying "sorry, can't post here anymore..." due to truama or what ever.

I totally get it! Posting in CF can be a battle sometimes, like the most innocent comment can be taken and attacked by peeps!! And sometimes I just like to stir!

For me CF has made me become simultaneously more warey of my beliefs while challenging and changing them and leading me to find more confidence and assertion for some things I used to shun! Or at least, offer solidity to things that have always been flying around my head but I'd never taken the time to consider carefully!

This is invaluable.

But also, CF is a depression and soul-destroying place! If I post without too much due attention and in the worng place, I'm just gonna get shreaded.... just confirming to me how repulsive we as christians can be! While CF has allowed me to pursue so many idea and relational truths offline and on, it had also deeply wounded me and aused me to be even more wary of christians!

I am learning to be more opinionated! But also less vocal with my opinion, and more wary (or respectful?) of the opinions of others. By being exposed to some of the other peeps around these Forums, I realise that arguing that doesn't matter, and that it is so easy to fight over differences..... the very use of the Nicene Creed allows CF to start by outlining diffenrences from the start! Rahter than use our commonalities to bring us together.

Here's the one helpful thing CF is teaching me:

[pong]Beliefs change. Belief is not as important or concrete as Faith.[/pong]

What I believe can and will evolve, regarding things like Hell, Universalism, Homosexuality... but my faith, ie. my relationship with God, is for life!

Thank you for reading my odd rant... comment always welcome.

Wow, incredible that I was just discussing these exact things with my husband about this place. I'm pretty new here and he has been posting for awhile. He told me how great a place it is and I agree, there are wonderful things about this place, you can feel it. But it's hard to get past having to be put in a box to post in certain places, or that certain people can't post here. I understand (or at least try to) the reasons for this, but I totally get the toughness of it. Thanks for posting this, made me feel totally better this morning! :angel:

Upvote 0

cwolf20

Huggee Of haL
Nov 23, 2005
Tennessee
Visit site
✟1,363.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1) arguing doesn't get the point across. It just slaps people around a bunch of times until they get fed up and hit back.

2) if you avoid topics that argue. Eventually the forums will wind up filled only with arguers. Then what will you do?

It's better to show by example

Upvote 0

Zavala

Nov 19, 2005
✟209.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
cwolf20 said:
1) arguing doesn't get the point across. It just slaps people around a bunch of times until they get fed up and hit back.

2) if you avoid topics that argue. Eventually the forums will wind up filled only with arguers. Then what will you do?

It's better to show by example

:thumbsup: :D

Upvote 0

FLANDIDLYANDERS

When I am slain may my corpse lie facing the Enemy
Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟20,336.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Indeedily doodily doo. But still, the slogan....
top_slogan.gif

Is a little far-fetched, unrealistic and probably unattainable without offline relationship!

Upvote 0

acius

Ordinary Average Guy
May 8, 2004
Portland Oregon
✟15,366.00
Faith
Agnostic
You can't fault them for wanting to unite all. Maybe by unite they just mean "bring them all to one place to talk" as opposed to meaning "making them all get along". I don't really understand why people would want to leave. But i have the ability to debate and disagree and leave emotion out of it. Sometimes i agree with people on here, sometimes i disagree, and sometimes i think, wow, what a jerk, but the one thing that always happens on here is that I learn. I have a lot of respect for most of the people on here. I think this is an amazing place, and the bad apples should just be skipped over till you find the gems. Peace to all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
tuesday said:
Hey I invite you to join us in the praise and worship forum, So far mostly possitive stuffs in there. Especially in the hillsong united thread, You will only get encouragement, if youa are out of line we are gentle!

I can't because:

FLANDIDLYANDERS said:
Indeedily doodily doo. But still, the slogan....
top_slogan.gif

Is a little far-fetched, unrealistic and probably unattainable without offline relationship!

Flandidlyanders is right about that.

Upvote 0

FLANDIDLYANDERS

When I am slain may my corpse lie facing the Enemy
Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟20,336.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
While i appreciate that some things can be reasoned out and dealt with unemotionally, and other things cannot; i was shocked the first time my alarm bells started ringing when a "christian" replied to some of my thoughts... it was so unexpected it took my a week to realise that it was the same feeling i get when under spiritual attack!!! That was disturbing... it's easy to forget the inherent evil in religiousness...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chrysalis Kat said:
Did they rip your cross away?

Yes.

I was "convicted" for Arianism... Even though the whole shebang started for Modalism, which they couldn't expain how that contradicted the Nicene Creed. I figured if they were going to be that assinine about it...

Upvote 0

Chrysalis Kat

Gettin' Riggy With It
Nov 25, 2004
TEXAS
✟20,887.00
Faith
Politics
US-Democrat
Abbadon said:
Yes.

I was "convicted" for Arianism... Even though the whole shebang started for Modalism, which they couldn't expain how that contradicted the Nicene Creed. I figured if they were going to be that assinine about it...
Now that they have it I have a few suggestions of what they can do with it.

And people wonder why good folks leave!

see siggy for details

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chrysalis Kat said:
Now that they have it I have a few suggestions of what they can do with it.

And people wonder why good folks leave!

see siggy for details

They took your's I take it?

Upvote 0

Chrysalis Kat

Gettin' Riggy With It
Nov 25, 2004
TEXAS
✟20,887.00
Faith
Politics
US-Democrat
Abbadon said:
They took your's I take it?
Nope.
When I first signed up on CF the system asked about what church I belonged to but since the Unity Churches weren't listed I just selected the Other Church option.
It wasn't until weeks later when I tried to post in the exclusive area that I found out the system didn't think I was Christian.
Later on I found out that forum doesn't care at all if someone is a Christian or not, only that they fall on the right side of orthodoxy.
When I saw my brothers and sisters being considered second class Christian at best I knew that as long they are excluded I couldn't and wouldn't play the game. And the more I read what the 'right kind of CF Christians' post in the forums I'm really glad I'm not too closely associated.
Better to be an outcaste than a hypocrite.

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chrysalis Kat said:
Nope.
When I first signed up on CF the system asked about what church I belonged to but since the Unity Churches weren't listed I just selected the Other Church option.
It wasn't until weeks later when I tried to post in the exclusive area that I found out the system didn't think I was Christian.
Later on I found out that forum doesn't care at all if someone is a Christian or not, only that they fall on the right side of orthodoxy.
When I saw my brothers and sisters being considered second class Christian at best I knew that as long they are excluded I couldn't and wouldn't play the game. And the more I read what the 'right kind of CF Christians' post in the forums I'm really glad I'm not too closely associated.
Better to be an outcaste than a hypocrite.

Better a ronin with good karma, than a samurai with bad karma, eh?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.