Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My wife was educated in Catholic schools, and strange combination between us. She keeps my feet on the ground, and stops me from going into Pentecostal flights of fancy. She went to a Pentecostal meeting once with me when our daughter was baptized there. She heard people speaking in tongues all around her and she turned to me with her eyes like saucers and asked, "Are these people speaking in tongues?" I said, "Yep!" She said, "Not my cup of tea." But she has her style of faith and lets me have mine, and we have been happily married for the last 26 years. I wanted to become a church minister once and I said that I would go and have a talk with the Bishop (jokingly because I was in the Presbyterian church where I am now), and she said in a very determined voice: "I didn't marry you to become a minister's wife!" I knew then that God was not calling me to be a minister, because one would have to have the full support of his wife in order for it to be God's will. Funny enough, it was the frog in the boiling water syndrome with me. Put a frog in boiling water and it will jump out, but put a frog in cold water and gradually bring it to the boil the frog will be cooked. When I joined the Presbyterian church in 1996, I started with the choir and teaching Sunday School. My wife was okay about that. Then I became a deacon (board of managers). She was okay about that. Then I became an elder. No problem. Then I became the senior elder (Session Clerk). Still no problem. Our minister left and we couldn't afford to replace her, so as the senior elder I effectively became the church pastor!!! So, while we haven't got a minister in our church, and I am fulfilling the duties of a surrogate minister, my wife is effectively the "minister's" wife without actually knowing it!!! ^_^^_^

Has God got a sense of humour or what?

hahaaaaa! Yes He does! He is ALSO very wise and His timing is PERFECT.

:D

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Just for clarification, i posted your own words to just clarify that i was not putting words in your mouth.

It seemed that you were having a bad day, so i just let it go then. However, you might want to carefully weigh your words before you accuse anyone of putting words in your mouth.

Thank you kindly.
No, you didn't. You said I had said that Jacob "deserved" it, and nowhere had I said that... I said he had it coming. I don't think that's the exact same thing, or I would have used the word deserve, that I feel is much more negative.

Keep in mind I'm Swedish. I may sound like I know English really well sometimes, but I think differently, because we use our language differently.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, you didn't. You said I had said that Jacob "deserved" it, and nowhere had I said that... I said he had it coming. I don't think that's the exact same thing, or I would have used the word deserve, that I feel is much more negative.

Keep in mind I'm Swedish. I may sound like I know English really well sometimes, but I think differently, because we use our language differently.

It's the same thing.

You stated that he "had it coming".

Nevertheless, you might want to give more thought before you accuse anyone of "putting words in your mouth".

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It's the same thing.

You stated that he "had it coming".

Nevertheless, you might want to give more thought before you accuse anyone of "putting words in your mouth".

Thank you kindly.
I'm sorry, but I don't know how to respond to this.
I'm gonna do my best to refrain from interacting with you at all in the future, how's that? Because I don't know how to have this kind of conversation. :scratch:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm gonna do my best to refrain from interacting with you at all in the future, how's that? Because I don't know how to have this kind of conversation. :scratch:

That might be best.

There appears to much confusion and conflict and unrest in your posts.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That might be best.

Thank you kindly.

John 13:34-35

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Please can we all grow together in our Lord the Head of His body.

Why cant we all just say and mean "sorry" and gain our brothers and sisters?

I'm writing this because when I read I feel no love.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
No no, that's not what He meant. He was asking me if I wanted Him to convict me instantly, expecting me to not sin at all, which He later started doing. Because I had been crying for weeks to get me out of my sins, asking Him that He would be harder on me. It worked! I felt Him steering me away from my sins for days, and I got out of it! I had become so spiritually lazy because of depression.

A few weeks before that, I was doing something, don't remember what, and I felt convicted and I said "Okay! You're in charge!" And He said "I am?" I hadn't been listening to Him for a while... I had been rebelling.

So yeah, that enhanced my walk with Him! It completely turned me around. I felt the Holy Spirit saying to me something like "this is what you prayed for" every time I started complaining that He was too hard on me. And I expect Him to keep that up!
I'd say that a tree doesn't enjoy being pruned, but it is for its own good that it bears better fruit. My lemon tree was giving terrible looking fruit because it was growing too large. So I got the pruning clippers out and pruned it back to a much smaller tree. The lemons on it look great now! God's pruning of our lives is not pleasant at times, but it is for our good. As long as we are always looking to Jesus as our Lord and Master, then He will guide us where He wants us to go and make us into the persons He wants us to be.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That might be best.

Thank you kindly.
Seems normal to me for someone whom the Lord is pruning. We have all been there, and it doesn't always get better as I get older. I have been a believer for 50 years now, and feel that I have so much to learn and my sanctification falls so far short of the ideal. I am reading Michael L Brown's book "What Happened to the Power of God?" and "It's Time To Rock The Boat", and it makes me wonder if I am not just barely saved and in so many ways marking time for the last 50 years!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
John 13:34-35

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Please can we all grow together in our Lord the Head of His body.

Why cant we all just say and mean "sorry" and gain our brothers and sisters?

I'm writing this because when I read I feel no love.

Thank you, however there is some serious issues here regarding attacking and anger issues, including pompousness.

It might be best to leave it alone.

• Agree
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm feeling really bad right now. Borderline suicidal. My faith is all I have, and I feel like it's getting attacked and removed from me every day. I'm losing sight of Jesus every day, even though I'm trying to devote everything to Him, and I'm getting condemnation and attacks from everywhere...

And @I'm_Sorry will you please just leave me alone??? You abused me and tore me apart for months and months, destroyed me almost completely, made me want to kill myself. And I've told you to leave me alone! Why won't you respect that? Why do you have to post in the threads where I'm posting and even to me? Do you have no compassion whatsoever?

Do I have to leave CF just to get away from you???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Seems normal to me for someone whom the Lord is pruning. We have all been there, and it doesn't always get better as I get older. I have been a believer for 50 years now, and feel that I have so much to learn and my sanctification falls so far short of the ideal. I am reading Michael L Brown's book "What Happened to the Power of God?" and "It's Time To Rock The Boat", and it makes me wonder if I am not just barely saved and in so many ways marking time for the last 50 years!

I agree. However it is not beneficial for anyone to "attack" anyone and with reasons that are not valid, repeatedly.

Perhaps someone could give some spiritual counseling and why that behavior might be present. it is not of God.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm feeling really bad right now. Borderline suicidal. My faith is all I have, and I feel like it's getting attacked and removed from me every day. I'm losing sight of Jesus every day, even though I'm trying to devote everything to Him, and I'm getting condemnation and attacks from everywhere...

And @I'm_Sorry will you please just leave me alone??? You abused me and tore me apart for months and months, destroyed me almost completely, made me want to kill myself. And I've told you to leave me alone! Why won't you respect that? Why do you have to post in the threads where I'm posting and even to me? Do you have no compassion whatsoever?

God have mercy! Do you want us to pray for you?

What is going on?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'll tell you what's going on Brinny. This forum is getting to Emli. People are hard on her, then when she responds in kind, she gets in trouble for it.

I was hoping to end any argument between you and Emli before it started, but I was unsuccessful. But people have been arguing with her right and left.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'll tell you what's going on Brinny. This forum is getting to Emli. People are hard on her, then when she responds in kind, she gets in trouble for it.

I was hoping to end any argument between you and Emli before it started, but I was unsuccessful. But people have been arguing with her right and left.

Maybe we should pray for Emli, Left.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've been super frustrated lately. I battle darkness and darkness clouds my vision. It did before I came back to the forums, but I have been reading the Bible and talking about God with a friend to combat it the past couple of days.

To summarize my post:

1. A few days ago I was super frustrated and thought God couldn't hardly talk to people.
2. Then I read in the Bible again that yes, He did give signs and even talks to people.
3. I stopped being frustrated.
4. I then saw how modern day relationships were just so different than Isaac's.

Just because you do not see, or hear, Gods answer does not mean He does not answer. Perhaps you need to put the Bible down, and set in the woods (if possible), and meditate in quiet. If the answer does not come don't worry. It is there, and if you rely on the Holy Spirit you will find it.

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If you heard an audible voice that sounded like God to you and it said, "Judas went and hanged himself, so go and do thou likewise?" Would you believe it? Why not?

Two reasons. God does not speak to man (Hebrews 1:1, 2), and even if He did he would not tell you to sin.

But if the voice said, "Get out of bed and pray for [your brother/sister in Christ] because they need your prayers right now!" Would you believe it? Why?

Again, God does not speak to man, and scripture says to pray for others.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Two reasons. God does not speak to man (Hebrews 1:1, 2), and even if He did he would not tell you to sin.

Again, God does not speak to man, and scripture says to pray for others.
Maybe the actual experience of others is not yours. A famous preacher once said, "A man of experience wins over a man with an argument every time!"

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe the actual experience of others is not yours. A famous preacher once said, "A man of experience wins over a man with an argument every time!"

Tell me, why is it so hard for so many to understand, or accept, Gods word rather then theirs?

Can you show me a verse where it says God speaks to man? I know of, and understand, the conversion experience of Paul on the road to Damascus. I understand the gift of speaking in tongues, and the filling of the Holy Spirit. However, I cannot find a scripture that speaks of God talking to man following the crucifixion of Christ.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

For every 1000 that are false there is one that is true. And the one that is true would never attack you and make you feel the way you do. The Lord says to rejoice when they do this for they did the same to Him and the others before us. There is a time to speak, and a time to be silent. When Jesus was rivaled and mocked, and accused, He opened not His mouth. In here, there are those that tear down rather than to build up. Pay them no mind for they have their reward. I borrow from our friend (mutual sister in Christ) when she posted a picture that said "A wise man once said nothing". Incidently they attacked her the same way they have done in this thread. Pay them no mind and rejoice for what you have can not be taken from you. And to answer the Op The voice of The Lord can be heard by those that are truly His. He leads them and guides them unto all righteousness. A strangers voice they will not follow.

• Winner
Upvote 0