Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you heard an audible voice that sounded like God to you and it said, "Judas went and hanged himself, so go and do thou likewise?" Would you believe it? Why not?
But if the voice said, "Get out of bed and pray for [your brother/sister in Christ] because they need your prayers right now!" Would you believe it? Why?
Of course I wouldn't listen to the first voice. I've heard voices and impressions like that my whole life. That voice wouldn't ever sound like God though! It would sound like Satan appearing as an angel of light. Satan cannot ever sounds like the True God. Nothing can!

The second one, I'd believe. As when the Lord often tells me to read or listen to the Bible or go talk to someone who needs me. Or to go back and fix something whenever I've messed something up. Or to have faith.

I test the spirits.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, first you'd have to know where I was three years ago before Jesus came and rescued me.

I was mentally insane: borderline disorder, narcissism, bipolar disorder, depression, social anxiety, living in absolute sinfulness, witchcraft, sexual sin, lying and manipulating people, violent fantasies. You get it! I hated God, and I hated everyone. I was extremely anti-christian, persecuting Christians, or at least mocking them. After I was saved, I loved Jesus instantly, but it was such a struggle. I was so trapped in madness and sin, I could barely think straight. I couldn't even say the name of Jesus because I had so many evil spirits.

But God did NOT give up on me. He kept pushing me, and pushing me out of my comfort zone, out of my depression, out of my social fears, out of the prison I was in.

And today, I still struggle, but my focus is on God. I have chosen to completely put my life in His hands. I've changed so much. There's purity and kindness in me.

God took a monster and turned her into someone who (and I'm not bragging, because anything good in me comes from God) is fully devoted to Him. I actually have people telling me that I'm showing them Christ-like love. It shocks me! That's where I am today.

I was so deeply sinful, but Jesus has pushed me so much, so fast! And without His voice guiding me, or stopping me when I fell back into my old ways, pulling me away from disaster, I'd still be a complete reprobate today. Because as much as I love and devote myself to the Word, it's not enough for me to not feel His presence and have Him guide me personally. I wouldn't survive.

So don't underestimate how much He can do in someone's life. Don't limit Him, and who knows how far we could all go?
This is the true gospel, we need to receive Christ by faith and turn from all sin. This is the problem with a lot of preaching these days. There is emphasis on faith in Christ, but not so much on turning from sinful living and habit patterns. Your true conversion has been a complete turning from "borderline disorder, narcissism, bipolar disorder, depression, social anxiety, living in absolute sinfulness, witchcraft, sexual sin, lying and manipulating people, violent fantasies". You might not have been able to get perfect victory over these things, but your struggle against them, acknowledging that these are sin before God and pleading for His grace and power to live in victory over them, shows your genuine conversion. Paul tells the Ephesians that they were once like that, but now they are cleansed, purified and walking in the light with Christ. This is not sinless perfection, but it is a desire to be sanctified and willing to grow day to day in more and more victory over those parts we are still struggling with.

My prayer for you is that the Lord will give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Christ, that you will be so taken up with the beauty and wonder of Christ that you will lose sight of your own shortcoming and failures in the wonderful light of His presence with you. It is not to say that you have no sin, but you will be so taken up with Christ, His love, mercy and grace toward you, that your mind will be totally transformed into thinking in harmony with Christ. Then the rest will follow, and you will have complete victory and peace. You already have peace with God, and shortly you will have the peace of God that passes all understanding.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Continue reading Oscarr's posts. He speaks the Truth. He doesn't speak about "himself", but about the living God, Who DOES speak through His Word.

You might want to recall, by the way, what you posted to me in another thread yesterday.

Were you having a bad day?
No, I was just trying to get out of the conversation you wanted to have. It didn't feel edifying to me at all, and I was really busy doing other things. What does that have to do with anything?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Continue reading Oscarr's posts. He speaks the Truth. He doesn't speak about "himself", but about the living God, Who DOES speak through His Word.

You might want to recall, by the way, what you posted to me in another thread yesterday.

Were you having a bad day?
Any wisdom that I have about the things of God have come through the Holy Spirit kicking me in the pants when I do unwise things, which is more often than not!

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I was just trying to get out of the conversation you wanted to have. It didn't feel edifying to me at all, and I was really busy doing other things. What does that have to do with anything?

It came to mind when you posted this:

I would not be where I am today

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Any wisdom that I have about the things of God have come through the Holy Spirit kicking me in the pants when I do unwise things, which is more often than not!

LOL! Same here.

God bless you. :D

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
LOL! Same here.

God bless you. :D
I was rude to a salesperson once in a shop over a stupid rule they had. I asked her if she really wanted the sale or not? My wife was there and boy, did she rark me up. She said that she had never seen me like that before. I felt really horrible, and I just had to go and apologise to that salesperson afterward! Needless to say, I am always very polite and well-mannered to every salesperson since!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I was rude to a salesperson once in a shop over a stupid rule they had. I asked her if she really wanted the sale or not? My wife was there and boy, did she rark me up. She said that she had never seen me like that before. I felt really horrible, and I just had to go and apologise to that salesperson afterward! Needless to say, I am always very polite and well-mannered to every salesperson since!

That is AWESOME!!! Yes, God "catches" us at those times....i've done the same thing. By you going back and apologizing, God was using even THAT to minister to the salesperson and anyone within ear shot.

God is GOOD!!!!

That's a LOVELY testimony. :)

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This is the true gospel, we need to receive Christ by faith and turn from all sin. This is the problem with a lot of preaching these days. There is emphasis on faith in Christ, but not so much on turning from sinful living and habit patterns. Your true conversion has been a complete turning from "borderline disorder, narcissism, bipolar disorder, depression, social anxiety, living in absolute sinfulness, witchcraft, sexual sin, lying and manipulating people, violent fantasies". You might not have been able to get perfect victory over these things, but your struggle against them, acknowledging that these are sin before God and pleading for His grace and power to live in victory over them, shows your genuine conversion. Paul tells the Ephesians that they were once like that, but now they are cleansed, purified and walking in the light with Christ. This is not sinless perfection, but it is a desire to be sanctified and willing to grow day to day in more and more victory over those parts we are still struggling with.
Thank you.
And that is what God's voice is telling me.

I was struggling so much a few weeks ago, and I didn't feel convicted enough. And the Father spoke to me, so softly and gently: "Do you want me to be as hard on you as I was on Jesus?"

It came so suddenly. And it felt so good. I said YES! Because that's the discipline I want and need. I need Him to correct me instantly and talk to me constantly or I fail. I don't want to go back.

So whenever someone says that's not God, I get so filled with sadness. Without His constant involvement, I'd lose my mind and my way. And I also wouldn't get to see His Glory. It's so wrong to say that He doesn't speak to His children. He said He wouldn't leave us as orphans...

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There are many things I don't know the full answer to. But since I kind of meant this thread to be a bit lighthearted rather than people getting hurt in it, who wants to see what my friend Emli got me for Christmas:

[Pic removed]

She paid a lot of money to give me a nice Christmas, and that's not all she got me.

And I know she will probably object to me posting this, but people need to know what kind of a person she is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My prayer for you is that the Lord will give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Christ, that you will be so taken up with the beauty and wonder of Christ that you will lose sight of your own shortcoming and failures in the wonderful light of His presence with you. It is not to say that you have no sin, but you will be so taken up with Christ, His love, mercy and grace toward you, that your mind will be totally transformed into thinking in harmony with Christ. Then the rest will follow, and you will have complete victory and peace. You already have peace with God, and shortly you will have the peace of God that passes all understanding.
Wow, thanks! I didn't see this part when I wrote my response. That's wonderful! I've been hearing so much condemnation from everywhere for the last year, it's odd to hear something like this. :heart:

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That is AWESOME!!! Yes, God "catches" us at those times....i've done the same thing. By you going back and apologizing, God was using even THAT to minister to the salesperson and anyone within ear shot.

God is GOOD!!!!

That's a LOVELY testimony. :)
Not a pleasant experience. God's correction is always loving but not always pleasant. People go wrong when they are not prepared to accept correction. I am the head of my house, whatever my wife says, shall be done! She is great at the art of correction, and I always have to remember the Scripture, "Correct a wise man and he will love you for it, but correct a fool and he will hate you." and, "The wounds of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy."
I remember buy second hand trousers after losing a lot of weight, and I bought a pair of black ones which were ok, but there was a pair of dark teal ones that fitted me perfectly. My wife took one look at them, screwed up her face and said, "I don't like them." Funny how my desire to buy them went right out the window! My daughter (26) is just as bad. She felt that I needed to go to the gym to get fitter, so I said that I would talk about it sometime. She went to her gym, came back home and said, "I have made an appointment for you at Crossfit Papakura at 12:30pm and you are going!!! How could I refuse? Do you think that the Holy Spirit works through your family for your good? I seem to think so. (As long as they don't undermine your Christian faith, which my wife and daughter would never do.)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I really don't even have any idea of what you're saying... :scratch:

It came to mind when you posted "where you're at".

You were angry? Asked me if i'm "evil"?

That's why i asked.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.
And that is what God's voice is telling me.

I was struggling so much a few weeks ago, and I didn't feel convicted enough. And the Father spoke to me, so softly and gently: "Do you want me to be as hard on you as I was on Jesus?"

It came so suddenly. And it felt so good. I said YES! Because that's the discipline I want and need. I need Him to correct me instantly and talk to me constantly or I fail. I don't want to go back.

So whenever someone says that's not God, I get so filled with sadness. Without His constant involvement, I'd lose my mind and my way. And I also wouldn't get to see His Glory. It's so wrong to say that He doesn't speak to His children. He said He wouldn't leave us as orphans...
God could never be as hard on you as He was with Jesus. He poured out all of His wrath on Jesus. We would be vaporised if He did that, even in a small way with us. We have the Holy Spirit in us to guide us into all truth. He works by giving us the discernment whether something that is said to us by anyone else is right or wrong, good or evil. I have had the Holy Spirit direct me to a Christian book, telling me, "I want you to read this book as your most important task today!" I read the book and it revolutionised some things I previously thought about the issues dealt with in the book.

Another time I got the still small voice say to me, "I want you to write a book on spiritual abuse in the church". I set about writing it and it all flowed out of me, and ended up as a 300 page book, which is now for sale on Amazon. Four years ago that same voice encouraged me to do an on-line MDiv through a Bible College which was not at that time accredited. I did the degree over three years and in the last year it was accredited, and so I ended up with a fully genuine accedited masters on divinity! When I wrote the assignments, they all flowed out of me like prophecies, and I got an average of 95%. And I was in my late 60s when I did the degree.

So, yes. God does speak to us, and the outcomes enhances our walk and experience with Christ every time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not a pleasant experience. God's correction is always loving but not always pleasant. People go wrong when they are not prepared to accept correction. I am the head of my house, whatever my wife says, shall be done! She is great at the art of correction, and I always have to remember the Scripture, "Correct a wise man and he will love you for it, but correct a fool and he will hate you." and, "The wounds of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy."
I remember buy second hand trousers after losing a lot of weight, and I bought a pair of black ones which were ok, but there was a pair of dark teal ones that fitted me perfectly. My wife took one look at them, screwed up her face and said, "I don't like them." Funny how my desire to buy them went right out the window! My daughter (26) is just as bad. She felt that I needed to go to the gym to get fitter, so I said that I would talk about it sometime. She went to her gym, came back home and said, "I have made an appointment for you at Crossfit Papakura at 12:30pm and you are going!!! How could I refuse? Do you think that the Holy Spirit works through your family for your good? I seem to think so. (As long as they don't undermine your Christian faith, which my wife and daughter would never do.)

Amen. I agree. It's precious that you are all in the same faith. A very bless-ed place to be. God bless each of you and your household, Oscarr :)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There are many things I don't know the full answer to. But since I kind of meant this thread to be a bit lighthearted rather than people getting hurt in it, who wants to see what my friend Emli got me for Christmas:

View attachment 219362

She paid a lot of money to give me a nice Christmas, and that's not all she got me.

And I know she will probably object to me posting this, but people need to know what kind of a person she is.

Thank you for sharing that, Left :)

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It came to mind when you posted "where you're at".

You were angry? Asked me if i'm "evil"?

That's why i asked.
No, I wasn't angry at all. I asked you if you were "wicked", because you were putting words in my mouth, and it was a reference to you asking me if Esau and Jacob were "wicked". I just wanted to get out of the conversation. It was making me very uncomfortable.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I wasn't angry at all. I asked you if you were "wicked", because you were putting words in my mouth, and it was a reference to you asking me if Esau and Jacob were "wicked". I just wanted to get out of the conversation. It was making me very uncomfortable.

Just for clarification, i posted your own words to just clarify that i was not putting words in your mouth.

It seemed that you were having a bad day, so i just let it go then. However, you might want to carefully weigh your words before you accuse anyone of putting words in your mouth.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Amen. I agree. It's precious that you are all in the same faith. A very bless-ed place to be. God bless each of you and your household, Oscarr :)
My wife was educated in Catholic schools, and strange combination between us. She keeps my feet on the ground, and stops me from going into Pentecostal flights of fancy. She went to a Pentecostal meeting once with me when our daughter was baptized there. She heard people speaking in tongues all around her and she turned to me with her eyes like saucers and asked, "Are these people speaking in tongues?" I said, "Yep!" She said, "Not my cup of tea." But she has her style of faith and lets me have mine, and we have been happily married for the last 26 years. I wanted to become a church minister once and I said that I would go and have a talk with the Bishop (jokingly because I was in the Presbyterian church where I am now), and she said in a very determined voice: "I didn't marry you to become a minister's wife!" I knew then that God was not calling me to be a minister, because one would have to have the full support of his wife in order for it to be God's will. Funny enough, it was the frog in the boiling water syndrome with me. Put a frog in boiling water and it will jump out, but put a frog in cold water and gradually bring it to the boil the frog will be cooked. When I joined the Presbyterian church in 1996, I started with the choir and teaching Sunday School. My wife was okay about that. Then I became a deacon (board of managers). She was okay about that. Then I became an elder. No problem. Then I became the senior elder (Session Clerk). Still no problem. Our minister left and we couldn't afford to replace her, so as the senior elder I effectively became the church pastor!!! So, while we haven't got a minister in our church, and I am fulfilling the duties of a surrogate minister, my wife is effectively the "minister's" wife without actually knowing it!!! ^_^^_^

Has God got a sense of humour or what?

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God could never be as hard on you as He was with Jesus. He poured out all of His wrath on Jesus. We would be vaporised if He did that, even in a small way with us. We have the Holy Spirit in us to guide us into all truth. He works by giving us the discernment whether something that is said to us by anyone else is right or wrong, good or evil. I have had the Holy Spirit direct me to a Christian book, telling me, "I want you to read this book as your most important task today!" I read the book and it revolutionised some things I previously thought about the issues dealt with in the book.

Another time I got the still small voice say to me, "I want you to write a book on spiritual abuse in the church". I set about writing it and it all flowed out of me, and ended up as a 300 page book, which is now for sale on Amazon. Four years ago that same voice encouraged me to do an on-line MDiv through a Bible College which was not at that time accredited. I did the degree over three years and in the last year it was accredited, and so I ended up with a fully genuine accedited masters on divinity! When I wrote the assignments, they all flowed out of me like prophecies, and I got an average of 95%. And I was in my late 60s when I did the degree.

So, yes. God does speak to us, and the outcomes enhances our walk and experience with Christ every time.
No no, that's not what He meant. He was asking me if I wanted Him to convict me instantly, expecting me to not sin at all, which He later started doing. Because I had been crying for weeks to get me out of my sins, asking Him that He would be harder on me. It worked! I felt Him steering me away from my sins for days, and I got out of it! I had become so spiritually lazy because of depression.

A few weeks before that, I was doing something, don't remember what, and I felt convicted and I said "Okay! You're in charge!" And He said "I am?" I hadn't been listening to Him for a while... I had been rebelling.

So yeah, that enhanced my walk with Him! It completely turned me around. I felt the Holy Spirit saying to me something like "this is what you prayed for" every time I started complaining that He was too hard on me. And I expect Him to keep that up!

Upvote 0