I think I committed the unforgivable sin

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I know I posted about this before but, I'm being tormented. I think I committed the unforgivable sin and there's no hope for me. To explain, I suffer from schizoaffective disorder and there are times where I've been tempted to call Jesus and the holy spirit Satan in my mind (I have called Jesus Satan out loud to my wife before although I don't remember it). This is in essence the very unforgivable sin that's mentioned in three of the gospel accounts so I'm worried that my mental illness has doomed me forever. I know it sounds stupid and ridiculous but that's exactly what the Pharisees did. They saw the miracles that the holy spirit was doing and called Jesus demon possessed. I'm haunted frequently that Jesus might really be Satan and that he will get/devour me when I die.

I of course, don't really believe these things deep down inside of me they're only random thoughts. I saw the holy spirit and what it can do and it's definitely NOT demonic. I also do believe that the holy spirit is still living inside of me but, there's always the nagging feeling of what if it isn't inside of me anymore? One time when I was being tempted I felt like the holy spirit left me and I'm worried that the holy spirit left me forever. I'm definitely scared and I don't know what to do. People have told me that I should relax because I have a mental illness and Jesus knows this and why would he curse me forever because I have a mental illness. But the gospels do say that it's a sin that will never be forgiven. I don't want to be lost. But, I just don't know what to do.

Last edited:

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You believe in your heart and confess with your mouth you shall be saved. Your desire is to please the Lord, "their" desire is to condemn you and blaspheme the Lord. I would love to try and help you, because you can be set free, not just free but free indeed. If interested PM me and God bless you my friend, I will be praying.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I know I posted about this before but, I'm being tormented. I think I committed the unforgivable sin and there's no hope for me. To explain, I suffer from schizoaffective disorder and there are times where I've been tempted to call Jesus and the holy spirit Satan in my mind (I have called Jesus Satan out loud to my wife before although I don't remember it). This is in essence the very unforgivable sin that's mentioned in three of the gospel accounts so I'm worried that my mental illness has doomed me forever. I know it sounds stupid and ridiculous but that's exactly what the Pharisees did. They saw the miracles that the holy spirit was doing and called Jesus demon possessed. I'm haunted frequently that Jesus might really be Satan and that he will get/devour me when I die.

I of course, don't really believe these things deep down inside of me they're only random thoughts. I saw the holy spirit and what it can do and it's definitely NOT demonic. I also do believe that the holy spirit is still living inside of me but, there's always the nagging feeling of what if it isn't inside of me anymore? One time when I was being tempted I felt like the holy spirit left me and I'm worried that the holy spirit left me forever. I'm definitely scared and I don't know what to do. People have told me that I should relax because I have a mental illness and Jesus knows this and why would he curse me forever because I have a mental illness. But the gospels do say that it's a sin that will never be forgiven. I don't want to be lost. But, I just don't know what to do.
The fact that you are worrying is a good sign that you have not committed the unforgivable sin.

Try reciting the Psalms of thanksgiving and praise each day. Psalm 8, 150, 111, 100, 76, 65 and 46 are a few good examples.

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,803.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are alright as long as you didn't have full control on yourself, remember, the old testament was clear about the wage of sin, yet when they wanted to stone the woman Jesus prevented them, and he broke the Sabbath for the needy. God is not waiting for our sins to doom us, if he was that way then we would see people dying everyday for their sins, but he is infinitely merciful and that's why he gives chances to everyone, he wants love and understanding, one important thing to remember, the "strict" tone in the Bible is sometimes found because people wouldn't care enough if it was not as strict, human's mentalities are not as easy to follow direct commands at all times, and that's why the Bible was perfectly written to achieve the most out of us, not to scare and doom us!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Follow the example God gives us in His word, He will deliver you from your fears.

Psalm 34 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Happiness of Those Who Trust in God
A Psalm of David when he pretended madness before Abimelech, who drove him away, and he departed.

I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together.

4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him,
And saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him,
And delivers them.

8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
9 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints!
There is no want to those who fear Him.
10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger;
But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.

11 Come, you children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 Who is the man who desires life,
And loves many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking deceit.
14 Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.

15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears,
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
20 He guards all his bones;
Not one of them is broken.
21 Evil shall slay the wicked,
And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.
22 The Lord redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MMBattleStar,

Excellent advice. Let me contribute an article to the conversation that I recommend a lot when members think they have committed the "unforgivable sin" or as others call it, "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. This article is from an excellent Christian question and answer site. There are several other articles on the subject as well.

Since you've accepted Jesus Christ as Lord, if you have thought or said things that are irreverent about the Holy Spirit then I think it's good to ask the Lord to forgive your sin, repent on it and move on.

With so many that come to us there is also a problem of OCD thinking. If you have that or are wondering whether you might have a problem like OCD, then talking with a licensed counselor who is Christian is also advisable.

God bless you and I am praying for you.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are times where I've been tempted to call Jesus and the holy spirit Satan in my mind (I have called Jesus Satan out loud to my wife before although I don't remember it). This is in essence the very unforgivable sin that's mentioned in three of the gospel accounts... I of course, don't really believe these things deep down inside of me they're only random thoughts.

Actually, if you were entirely in your right mind and meant those words with all your heart, you would be in trouble. But that's just it. Any exorcist worth his salt will tell you schizophrenic disorders are the number #1 suspects when it comes to demonic oppression, and it sounds like they want to pin their sins and their hatred for the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit on you. Reject it. The words mean nothing if they were not truly coming from your heart.

Don't be scared, and don't put up with their childish garbage anymore. It is time to fast, and I mean fast the flesh down while combining it with intensive prayer until you get results, and true freedom (Matthew 17:21). There are many people God will be able to use you to help if you persevere and get victory over this, so count it as a tremendous opportunity. Count what the Devil is doing to you as something he will eventually pay for dearly. Pray continually to the Lord for His grace to break you completely free of their influence, and most importantly don't let them convince you that you are unforgivable. Words in and of themselves mean nothing.

I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, if you were entirely in your right mind and meant those words with all your heart, you would be in trouble. But that's just it. Any exorcist worth his salt will tell you schizophrenic disorders are the number #1 suspects when it comes to demonic oppression, and it sounds like they want to pin their sins and their hatred for the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit on you. Reject it. The words mean nothing if they were not truly coming from your heart.

Don't be scared, and don't put up with their childish garbage anymore. It is time to fast, and I mean fast the flesh down while combining it with intensive prayer until you get results, and true freedom (Matthew 17:21). There are many people God will be able to use you to help if you persevere and get victory over this, so count it as a tremendous opportunity. Count what the Devil is doing to you as something he will eventually pay for dearly. Pray continually to the Lord for His grace to break you completely free of their influence, and most importantly don't let them convince you that you are unforgivable. Words in and of themselves mean nothing.

I will be praying for you.
AMEN :clap:

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The only unpardonable sin is active, informed, rejection of the Holy Spirit.
All other sins are forgiven.
Not Caring is a problem.
Being worried has taken you off the hook.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

There is always hope. Try not to condemn yourself for random thoughts. Our thoughts can get ugly, but its whats in our heart that matters. There is a difference between having a thought and allowing it in your heart. Did you rebuke this thought after you realized it was wrong? If so then its not in your heart. In my opinion. The just shall live by faith, not by what they see. Conquer your fears with simple faith. Walk by faith not sight.

Upvote 0