matty c

Mar 17, 2004
Petaluma, CA
✟7,990.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Two years ago during my senior year of high school i was in a relationship with a girl who i still love to this day. Prior to us being "together" i had known her as my best friend for about 5 years. She knew me like the back of her hand and vice versa, and i could honestly see myself marrying this woman because of the strong connection we had. I felt more completed when she was in my life....but because of our parting to different colleges in different areas of the country, I thought it would be best for us if we ended it w/o trying to attempt the long distance relationship. It destroyed her. She didnt want to let me go, and in a lot of ways neither did I but I wasnt thinking with my heart.
So our relationship ended and we went on out different paths, still keeping in contact with each others lives. Ive tried dating other girls since i broke up with her but I honestly cant because Im still in love with this girl. I cant tell her how I feel because she has a boyfriend now and is happy. I pray to God everynight that He may help guide me in what I should do about this but am having problems figuring out what His intentions are. I try to take the easy way out and take her off my AIM, but every time I do that she ends up IMing me within the next couple of days, even if i havent talked to her in a looong time. Its near to impossible to let this girl go and move on with my life but I still love her soo much. I know Im still young, 20, and there are more girls out there who could be the one, but its hard to imagine a relationship better than the one i had.
sorry for sucha long rant but I guess i need to get this out more than anything. does anyone have any advice on what i should do? I know God has a plan but I cant get past her. shes one of the first things i think of in the mornin and one of the last at nite. :sigh: Thank you for any input

Yummi

Mar 11, 2004
Madagascar
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
I know a guy who felt in great love with me but because I was not feeling the same, I refused to date him. He really thought at that time that he won't be able to stop loving me and refused to stop hoping for a change of my feelings, but now he has a girlfriend, he's fine with and I think they plan to get married.

Ive tried dating other girls

If you are a christian, you cannot date a girl if you are not ready to marry her. Just make friends, there's also many blessings in it.

I don't have better advices than those you must know well: keep praying God to remove this love from your heart, search his will, make new friends, get involved in ministries... it will help you to grow spiritually and to forget her at the same time. If after many many years, this love remains then I think she must be God's choice to be your partner and he'll make her come back to you !

Upvote 0

jay1_z

Mar 15, 2004
✟221.00
Faith
Christian
The love that you feel for his woman is the same type of love that god feels for us. He feels sad, also, when we stray away from him. We need to concentrate on God more and our feelings will change towards others. I'm not saying that you should try to forget about this lady but maybe you'll leran to Love God the same way. That is what he truly wants. I don't know the whole situation but God said that everything works for the good of his will. Have faith that things will change for the better.

Upvote 0

matty c

Mar 17, 2004
Petaluma, CA
✟7,990.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i remember one thing a preacher at one of my ministries said a few months ago; i dont know if its a Bible quote or not. it was something like you may not get what you want now in the end you will be satisfied. i was thinking that after i posted this which led to more thinking. after twenty years of being a Catholic i never really felt Gods presence until the recent year when i strayed away for the catholic church and decided to find faith in a christian ministry on campus. since ive gotten more involved with bible studies, deeper prayer and worship, and discibleship. Im still searching for a stronger relationship with the Lord, but like anything it will take time to fully understand his intentions for me. thank you for all of your thought :)

Upvote 0

kjd

Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
✟7,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I've personally experience such a similar case. I had a gf who isn't a christian for nearly 3yrs+. In the end, things didn't work out. Thank God ^^

the way i see it is, first, you have to focus yourself, is she the one that God wants you to be with? and i do not mean YOU, i meant GOD...our sinful heart desires of a partner is strong, and it may blind our vision, or even what God wants to tell us.
2ndly, is she a christian? if she's not a christian, why bother? o_O

and as Yummi mentioned, you should be friends FIRST before further in developing a closer relationship. boy girl relationship is all 'bout building friendship. Husbands and wives are no different from any couplet friends, best friends, or good friends. When 2 become one, they are one, they are the best of friends, they are good friends, no one but both of 'em can walk through their lives together firmly. If you have a girlfriend out of the blue, 'cuz of 'dating', where's the sense of friendship? o_O

another thing that many people go unnotice, when a girl or guy go out for a date, they don't usually act themselves just as they are with their friends... -.^ so it's always best to be friends FIRST, go out in a group, etc...besides going any further... -.^

I urge you to continue to pray, that God may shed light upon you. ^^

Upvote 0