WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I also remember Energy Ant (circa 1981).
And remember circa 1987, they used to have public service commercials on Saturdays, about litter/recycling etc. U had to send a hand written letter to request more info. Seemed like the addresses were always Pueblo, CO.

I thought Pueblo was a funny name for a town.

And don't forget good old Woodsy Owl! I think those ads were played nationwide.

"Give a hoot, don't pollute!" was the slogan.

woodsy.jpg

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
There was also an anti-smoking PSA with Yogi and Boo-boo I used to enjoy. I loved the song, and it used to fascinate me how rhythmic the dialogue was, almost like it was part of the ditty! At least that's what I thought at the time. To find it, put "yogi and booboo smoking psa" in the Youtube search bar; it is the third one down, dated 1981.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟458,190.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
71mPd5w2gzL._SX679_.jpg

Anybody remember these? I bought them for my kids and one tried it only to spit it back out again! ^_^ The other read the package and showed it to him... "tastes like soap"! Hahaha! Of course, he's gonna prank his friends with it.

• Friendly
Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 243732

Anybody remember these? I bought them for my kids and one tried it only to spit it back out again! ^_^ The other read the package and showed it to him... "tastes like soap"! Hahaha! Of course, he's gonna prank his friends with it.

I can honestly say I never seen that product before.

Me neither. But it's probably because this product isn't available where I am. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟458,190.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Vintage colored TP!

green-tp.jpg bluenorthern.jpg Screen shot 2012-06-12 at 5.37.01 PM.png

And now that I get to thinking about it, as pretty as it was, I often wonder if using this stuff was really good for us, with its dyes and all that. Which is probably the reason it's no longer on the market. I might be wrong, but this is just my guess.

Still, it's kind of nice to see these for the nostalgia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Nov 11, 2018
Biloxi
✟15,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My parents had two landlined phones.. one in the kitchen, and one in their bedroom. And i think they were both rotary phones until about 1983-84..
Something else funny I remember from the early 80s: color toilet paper. I remember a lot of houses w/pink & yellow toilet paper (that matched the bathroom décor, etc). But I think the dye was determined to be bad for sensitive areas so it went extinct (?)
lol! Oh yes! pink and blue and yellow and even light green! You are correct about the dye. The 80s were just awesome! I had forgotten about the colored toliet paper though- so you gave me a smile for the day!! :)

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
..pink and blue and yellow and even light green! You are correct about the dye. The 80s were just awesome! I had forgotten about the colored toliet paper though- so you gave me a smile for the day!! :)

Mississippi,
Another bathroom trend I remember from childhood.. the shag carpeting that would match the colorful toilet paper. There would be shag-carpet toilet covers & floor rugs. If u look in a very early 8os Sears catalog, etc; the contemporary bathroom decor looks like something from Austin Powers' crib.

Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mississippi,
Another bathroom trend I remember from childhood.. the shag carpeting that would match the colorful toilet paper. There would be shag-carpet toilet covers & floor rugs. If u look in a very early 8os Sears catalog, etc; the contemporary bathroom decor looks like something from Austin Powers' crib.
Those carpet lid covers meant you had to hold the lid up with one hand while holding yourself with the other. No man ever approved that nonsense!!!

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Remember back in the day when the radio stations specializing in "oldies" played music of the '50s and '60s? Well, we are experiencing the very same thing while realizing that local radio stations are now playing hits of '80s calling it "classic rock"!

Last edited:
Upvote 0