I really hope to find that one guy...

J

justageek

I'm a super shy girl and have been dreaming of getting married ever since I was a "little girl". What do you look for in a potential partner?

I'm a huge nerd who's into things like fishing, writing, and Shakespeare. Because I'm awesome like that.

I want a guy who will not only be my partner, but who will also be my friend. Somebody with a cheesy, corny sense of humour but will go out of his way to treat me with something like flowers occasionally. Overall, I just want a guy who will love me and be devoted to me just as he is devoted to Christ. I have trust issues, and depression - so I want a guy who will be able to tolerate me and just hug me when I need to be comforted. I've also had a pretty difficult past couple of years, so I also want a guy who will love me for me and won't judge me based on my past actions.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? :)

ScarlettRose

Jul 30, 2010
✟15,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you look for in a potential partner?
There are things that I look for/want in a potential partner, but I've learnt to give those desires to God and allow Him to change them to what He thinks is best and are the qualities, background, etc of my future husband that He has planned for me. I have discovered that some of the desires started to change after I gave those desires to God. For example, I had this desire to marry a guy who came from a family where both parents were still married and strong Christians. Eventually, that desire started to change & now I don't mind if my future husband's parents are divorced or not, Christian or not, just as long as he is strong in faith, has a strong & good Christian character & knows how to keep a Godly marriage going. I also found that after giving those desires over, I started to really appreciate the gift of singleness. Yes, I love to be married one day & have kids etc, but I now also love my time of singleness where I can focus on God, family, friends, uni & saving enough money to put aside for when the time of marriage arises for me. May I suggest reading the book "When God Writes Your Love Story"? It is awesome!

Also, in relation to the shyness, try not to let it get in your way (especially if your shyness is linked to a fear of rejection or similar). I know it is suuuuper hard (I'm the same too, lol), but once you come out of that shell it is awesome! I'm over the halfway point of where I've overcome that fear. One thing that has helped me was finding a Godly role model who displays the characteristics of a more outgoing person and trying to apply those characteristics to yourself. I'm not saying you should become their clone, but to adopt some of their characteristics. For example, if the person smiles at anyone who looks their way, do the same thing and work from there. Also, remember the scripture that talks about how we do not have a spirit of fear & timidity, but a spirit of power, love & self control. Remember other verses that talk about how worthy you are will also help to build up your confidence. Eventually, the shyness will die down & you may even find some awesome, Godly guys coming your way through newly formed friendships.

Anyways, I hope that helps or something. Sorry if I rambled, haha. God bless :)

Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
New Brunswick
✟16,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
go for a guy who lives their life as an overcomer of their desires and passions. A guy who is worth getting married to (as a guy, I am using an example of how I want to be) to is one who loves the Lord so much that he will never ever be angry or bitter towards even one person on earth. He will never cheat or lust after anyone else. He will be a leader spiritually through scripture and prayer. He should be bold of speech through love, and have Christ produce his fruit abundantly in his life.
Also he should not love anything the world has to offer, but to love all things the Lord has to offer.

After all, what else really matters aside from these things? Pray for a man like that, and surely you will never regret it.

Upvote 0

Gista

The risk-averse gambler
Jun 12, 2011
USA
✟15,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A wise praying mantis told me that "a woman's heart should be so lost in God that you only need to find Him to find him."

You can interpret that a few ways. For me, it's getting passionate about God through your actions and your thoughts. Either that's group volunteer work, attending small young adult groups, immersing yourself in the Bible.

Good luck

Upvote 0